Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Alarma Chronicles Bookset on Ebay » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Alarma Chronicles Bookset on Ebay
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This is the reason I buy everything from Terry and Co. as it is released. The band gets some of the dough and I end up saving a bunch of money. It feels like it's costing quite a bit lately, but I can't imagine trying to buy all this limited edition stuff on e-bay.

12-11-2002 17:39 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, and it really makes me mad that guys like this are taking advantage of the situtation and making $100 profit on something that sold for $39.... Mad

12-11-2002 17:41 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Ceremonial Kernel

Perhaps Terry should be saving a bunch of copies himself to sell on e-bay. He could even offer limited editions signed by Terry. He could be bringing in a cool grand a month just by not selling all the copies of a CD when it's released.

12-11-2002 17:44 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

That would be cool... but I don't think Terry would rip off his fans by letting it go for $139..... Frown

12-11-2002 17:45 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Ceremonial Kernel

he could always use the "buy it now" feature and cap it at $100.

12-11-2002 17:47 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

$100 is still too much to pay when I only paid $37.... Obviously, somebody should make a second pressing... Big Grin

12-11-2002 17:48 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Ceremonial Kernel

I know, I know....I just thought that if anyone should be profiting from Terry's music, it should be Terry.

12-11-2002 17:52 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by brdhsnyrsoul
I know, I know....I just thought that if anyone should be profiting from Terry's music, it should be Terry.

Exactly my point! Big Grin

12-11-2002 17:53 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Ceremonial Kernel

It's just hard to make much profit on limited runs that sell for $10 to $15. It's even harder to make a profit when you have to share those $$s with a record company or publisher.

12-11-2002 17:57 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Yeah, like Adam Again's 10 songs re-release has only sold about half of the 1000 copies... It least it keeps those creeps from selling copies for ridiculous prices on e-bay... although I did see some of the re-issues being sold there for about double what they should have been..... Frown

12-11-2002 17:59 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

just great, now I wont be able to sell all my extra copies of Prickly Heat and Hodgepodge for hundreds cuz Joey will yell at me.Crying

if only I had bought extra copies.....Frown

BD

12-11-2002 18:03 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Roll Eyes

12-11-2002 18:04 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
Roll Eyes

Evil

Tongue

12-11-2002 18:14 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Big Grin

12-11-2002 18:21 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Ceremonial Kernel

You guys suck!

12-12-2002 00:58 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

You guys are being a little too hard on this guy. He's just letting us know that it is available. He started the price out low and the bidders sent it up. It's not like he said here you can have it for $130.

12-12-2002 08:21 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
You guys are being a little too hard on this guy. He's just letting us know that it is available. He started the price out low and the bidders sent it up. It's not like he said here you can have it for $130.

Well, the only time he posts here is to put up these offers... If he was a regular poster here and maybe started the bidding under what it originally sold for with no reserve, we might not be so hard on him.... Big Grin

12-12-2002 14:21 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by highfiguy
I have a new Alarma Chronicles Bookset listed on eBay. So far the bidding hasn't gotten totally out of control. I will also be listing cassettes of Live Bootleg '82 and Miracle Faith Telethon later today. They will go for real cheap. I have the CD's, so I would like to see the cassettes go to good homes. If you would like me to e-mail you when they are listed send me a message at highfiguy@juno.com.

Alarma Chronicles Bookset on Ebay

some poor sucker ended up paying $139 for this thing.... if you are a real fan you will give some of that back to the band.... if not, please don't post your stupid offers here anymore. Mad

I think that would be a nice gesture too! Big Grin
Course if your not willing to spend hundreds of dollars on OOP CDs your are not a "real fan!" Tongue

12-12-2002 16:17 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
MartyB
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 09-13-2002

Why does it make you so mad? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Yeah, and it really makes me mad that guys like this are taking advantage of the situtation and making $100 profit on something that sold for $39.... Mad

I figure the price paid is between the buyer and the seller - if they are both happy with it, then what's the problem? If the seller feels bad he can donate some of the excess to Terry or charity. Whether he feels he should do that or not, is between him and God. Either way Terry and the boys made what they expected to make when they sold it originally.

Smile

MartyB
12-12-2002 18:25 MartyB is offline Send an Email to MartyB Search for Posts by MartyB Add MartyB to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by MartyB
quote:

I figure the price paid is between the buyer and the seller - if they are both happy with it, then what's the problem? If the seller feels bad he can donate some of the excess to Terry or charity. Whether he feels he should do that or not, is between him and God. Either way Terry and the boys made what they expected to make when they sold it originally.

Smile

MartyB

You really don't see anything wrong with it Marty? Do you think Terry does? I'm sure he does.....

12-12-2002 19:03 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Alarma Chronicles Bookset on Ebay

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH