Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » LN's notes for HD » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page LN's notes for HD
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

LN's notes for HD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I guess the thing that gets me about Uncle Larry's liner notes in HD is how he goes on and on about making great gospel records that break the mold, that sound better than other CCM records and would take CCM in a new direction.

How come then, do Norman's records sound like crap? and if anything they have been sounding crapier as the years go by?

huh?

how come? Confused

01-29-2003 19:32 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
How come then, do Norman's records sound like crap? and if anything they have been sounding crapier as the years go by?

huh?

how come? Confused

he's old and lost his mind? Confused

01-29-2003 19:34 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Ubique Epoque

Thread Starter Thread Started by Dr Rich
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

oh yeah... I forgot! Tongue

01-29-2003 19:35 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

DA, DA, DA, DA, DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY! Tongue

01-29-2003 19:36 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Ubique Epoque

you mean BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Tongue

01-29-2003 19:43 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

I still dig Larry Norman.

His Trilogy cds are still great to listen to and he did do a great job with the HD cd and the cd booklet to go along with it. His rereleases have great information contained in them and he is always throwing on additional bonus material from that time period. (HD being the exception.)

I do hope and have encouraged him to put out HD in the way that would make the fans happy. If he were to include all of the tracks and other recordings of Daniel Amos that he has, then everybody would be happy. Big Grin

We must send e-mails that are positive and explain what we would like to see on the next release of HD to Larry Norman. I think he already understands that we don't want more of his cover tunes. (I liked them, but would rather that they find themselves on the tribute album, which one did) We don't need to fire up the Larry Norman vs Daniel Amos controversy again. He doesn't need to be treated like an official at a Raider game. (Raider fans think that there is a conspiracy)

01-30-2003 14:48 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

I enjoy the LN covers of Hound of Heaven. It was a bad call to put them on HD but *shrug* whacha gonna do abo' tit

I'm looking forward to HD 2

01-30-2003 15:00 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

I do kinda like the "lounge" version if I'm in the right mood... kinda like Nick Deletchi! Pleased

01-30-2003 15:19 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

Me too...Cool

01-30-2003 16:51 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

I'm very interested to see what's on HD volume 2

01-30-2003 16:56 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Theophilus
Dignified Lazar

Registration Date: 12-12-2002

I do not know what to think about LN.

I like some of his music, but he seems like he has had some problems in the past with relationships with fellow musicians.

I guess we all need grace from above.

Smile
01-30-2003 20:28 Theophilus is offline Send an Email to Theophilus Search for Posts by Theophilus Add Theophilus to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

He should make music and not talk about others except in a positive way.

01-30-2003 20:46 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

you betcha

01-31-2003 11:04 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

do you think in the song "Big Time - Big Deal" when Terry sings "the momment of conversion, is on the cover of my album" is kind of a poke 'o fun at the cover of HD?

02-01-2003 12:47 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Uncle Ralph
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-608.jpg

Registration Date: 04-15-2002
Location: "I intend to live forever - so far, so good." Steven Wright

quote:
do you think in the song "Big Time - Big Deal" when Terry sings "the momment of conversion, is on the cover of my album" is kind of a poke 'o fun at the cover of HD?

I'll give you a poke!

In your eye! Tongue

02-03-2003 16:49 Uncle Ralph is offline Send an Email to Uncle Ralph Search for Posts by Uncle Ralph Add Uncle Ralph to your Buddy List
C*rm*n's nipples
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 02-03-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Ralph
quote:

I'll give you a poke!

In your eye! Tongue

Shocked

Tongue
02-03-2003 16:51 C*rm*n's nipples is offline Send an Email to C*rm*n's nipples Search for Posts by C*rm*n's nipples Add C*rm*n's nipples to your Buddy List
Uncle Ralph
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-608.jpg

Registration Date: 04-15-2002
Location: "I intend to live forever - so far, so good." Steven Wright

rar! Tongue

02-03-2003 17:02 Uncle Ralph is offline Send an Email to Uncle Ralph Search for Posts by Uncle Ralph Add Uncle Ralph to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Attention Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Ralph
quote:

I'll give you a poke!

In your eye! Tongue

Shocked

09-09-2004 17:31 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » LN's notes for HD

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH