Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Official Auction from Terry Taylor » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (16): « first ... « previous 7 8 [9] 10 11 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Official Auction from Terry Taylor
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yup...Smile

02-05-2003 21:02 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

How did it go from $350 to $825 in about the last 30 seconds?

02-05-2003 21:27 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
How did it go from $350 to $825 in about the last 30 seconds?

Well lets just say that there was more than one group of people bidding on that baby!

02-05-2003 21:44 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Wow!

02-05-2003 21:46 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

why did they go out on their own instead of hooking up with the rest of us dadlers? That sucks!

02-05-2003 23:40 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

Thread Starter Thread Started by Tyler Durden

Was it a group that won?

I bid $350 and that was what I could do. I really wanted those tapes. At least to have a few DA friends over and listen to Terry and the boys creating in the studio.

I do hope that they allow us to have access to them.

I am bummed. I was kicking myself for not going to $500, but then I was thinking of how the wife would respond.

I am happy for Terry and the boys. This is good for them. At least the final bid is way out of my ballpark so that I know that I didn't miss it by five bucks or something.

I sent a congratulations to the winning bidder and let them know about the Townsends saying that they didn't mind DADLers having copies. They just didn't want mass production going to the entire world. I don't really understand that. ANybody that would want to listen would be a Terry/Da fan.

A great auction would be to be in the studio while they are recording. (HINT HINT: I can play Cowbell like no other)

02-06-2003 00:18 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

I am glad it did so good. Way to go DA!

02-06-2003 00:22 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

As am I, at least Terry will know that we would love to see more of this type of thing.

Next time the DADLers may need to unite.

I am bummed bummed bummed. I thought 350 would be enough.

I would like to know the individuals that did win.
02-06-2003 00:26 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

from the usually but not today complete waste of time dadl.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yep, t'was me! Jasooooon! Well,
with the equal help of two other
contributors, both regulars on
the DADL. I will leave it to them
to
reveal who they are if they want
to do so (kinda like being an
anonymous lottery winner).

The Trio and I discussed
previously what would happen to
the tapes
and you will be happy (hopefully)
to know that at least two tracks
will be made available for the
enjoyment of all.

Off to go sell more plasma,

Jasoooon

02-06-2003 00:39 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Who is the guy selling all the DA CD's for about $800.00 right now on ebay? He talks like he's a DA official something or other but I get the feeling he's not.

02-06-2003 01:24 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
mprinsen
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 09-30-2002

I'm a winner Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I, Mark Prinsen, long time DADL'er am one of the three lucky dogs who won the TST tapes. I didn't know Jason's bidding name and didn't even realize that it was us that had won. I was really bummed until Jason called me. I started whining to him about some guy out of nowhere winning the bid and then he surprises me with the information that at the last minute he took on a third partner to increase our maximum bid. Yipee!!! I haven't talked to the third partner yet, but I think I'm going to be doing the conversion of the tapes to digital. That will be fun. I did a similar project about 6 months before it was announced that Horrendous Disc would be rereleased. That is my favorite DA recording and the only one I didn't have on CD, so I started buying up HD LPs on ebay in the hopes of finding enough good tracks to make a complete CD. I found the best LP from some going-out-of-business Christian radio station in Australia (as I remember), who I don't imagine even played the record because it was in mint condition. I then spent a lot of evenings editing the tracks to remove as many pops and ticks as I could before eventually burning them to CD. Then I spent a good deal of time reducing the cover down to CD size (hard to do when your scanner can't scan the entire LP cover at once), and had this wonderful one-of-a-kind-great-to-trade-on-DADL-for-nifty Swirling-Eddies-tooth-paste- for about one month before Larry rereleased HD himself. I always figured it was to just to spite me!!!The dirty rat!!!
02-06-2003 07:53 mprinsen is offline Send an Email to mprinsen Search for Posts by mprinsen Add mprinsen to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

Evil

Cool
Like I said before, I'm glad it went to "us" as a family of DA fans rather than some outside person, just out to make a buck. Too bad for us we ended up biding against each other, but it was good for Terry!Pleased

BD
02-06-2003 08:25 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Ebay roCKS ! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ebay gets some bad puB. like when a DA CD sells for $70 and DA does not get any $$...

but, Ebay sure helps alot of people get what they have been looking for, for along time etc. & helps make alot of people happy.

I recently sold a Def Leppard CD to a woman who was getting it for her Husband for Valantines day ( sure beats a box of chocalates ) she was SO HappY it kind of made me feel GooD

It was great to see the DA auction go so well etc...

02-06-2003 08:40 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

PaYPaL rocKS ! Too Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Big Grin

02-06-2003 08:41 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

how did ebay go from the 350 mark to 777? I thought that max bids only go up incrementaly.

That is why I have never put in my max. I would be concerned that it would go directly to the max bid.

02-06-2003 10:21 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
mprinsen
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 09-30-2002

Let's say the current high bid on an item is $15. You could raise it to $16 and when somebody else raises it to $17, you could raise it again to $18 to stay in the bidding. Doing it that means you have to keep watching and going back to incriment your bid. If you simply put in your max price to begin with, the ebay computer will automatically raise your bid for you as long as there is somebody else doing the same thing. Once the other person hits their max price, ebay will stop incrimenting their bid, and will raise you bid one more time, leaving you the high bidder, though still maybe not at your max bid price. If somebody else comes along and raises the bid, ebay will again keep raising your bid until it reaches your max price. That's how the TST tapes went from $350 to $820 in a matter of seconds. Two or more bidders entered large max prices and the ebay computer automatically genereated bids for all biders until there was only one bidder who's max price was higher than $820 and stopped there. You don't have anyway of knowing what the max bid was of the winner. Could have been $820 or could have been $1000. But since he was the only one whos bid was atleast $820, the bidding stopped there.
02-06-2003 10:35 mprinsen is offline Send an Email to mprinsen Search for Posts by mprinsen Add mprinsen to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Thanks for that info.

02-06-2003 10:47 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

DAmb IT!

02-06-2003 11:30 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

The Townsends are quiet today. No response from the auction.

Did they keel over in shock?

What is next??
02-06-2003 11:42 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
MartyB
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 09-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by mprinsen
I, Mark Prinsen, long time DADL'er am one of the three lucky dogs who won the TST tapes.

Congrats Mark!

MartyB
02-06-2003 12:37 MartyB is offline Send an Email to MartyB Search for Posts by MartyB Add MartyB to your Buddy List
Pages (16): « first ... « previous 7 8 [9] 10 11 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Official Auction from Terry Taylor

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH