Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Official Auction from Terry Taylor » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (16): « first ... « previous 8 9 [10] 11 12 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Official Auction from Terry Taylor
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
MartyB
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 09-13-2002

Ya mean this one? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
Did you see the other huge priced DA auction?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...5&category=2247

The guy selling this collection (DAZNY) bid $777 on the MBD auction with less than 2 minutes till closing. Perhaps he just wanted it for himself, but I wonder.....

MartyB
02-06-2003 12:52 MartyB is offline Send an Email to MartyB Search for Posts by MartyB Add MartyB to your Buddy List
MartyB
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 09-13-2002

Quoting myself - what a loser.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by MartyB
quote:
Originally posted by Mark
Did you see the other huge priced DA auction?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...5&category=2247

The guy selling this collection (DAZNY) bid $777 on the MBD auction with less than 2 minutes till closing. Perhaps he just wanted it for himself, but I wonder.....

MartyB

Hmmm, from his "about me" page,

http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/dazny/

he at least expresses a desire to help bands out. He claims he is trying to raise money to help them re-releae older material.

You never know with people on-line (it'e easy to lie) but he doesn't sounds like such a terrible guy.

MArtyB
02-06-2003 12:56 MartyB is offline Send an Email to MartyB Search for Posts by MartyB Add MartyB to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This fella has expressed the idea to help fund some
DA reissues. Nothing is definite yet, but he does seem
very interested in helping in any way he can.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-06-2003 12:59 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

Thread Starter Thread Started by Tyler Durden
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

so was this about what Terry expected or less than expected??

02-06-2003 14:31 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
Bubba Death Machine
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 05-28-2002
Location: Comin' to yer town.... we'll help you kick the devil's ass for Jesus!

Du-hu-huuuuuuuude! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We don't, like, know about friggin' Terry, but we were, like, you know, hoping for more than $3 !!!

Dude, we can't even, like, super-size our fries with THAT!!! Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

Vinny Foster (vocals, bass) * Lenny Gwineer (axe) * R. Brown (skins)
02-06-2003 14:34 Bubba Death Machine is offline Send an Email to Bubba Death Machine Homepage of Bubba Death Machine Search for Posts by Bubba Death Machine Add Bubba Death Machine to your Buddy List
Poopyhead
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 09-27-2002

hang in there bubbadeathmandude your price will go up. Someone has offered to take your abominable meanderings off your hands for a measly $850. I'd be willing to do it for a cool million or my name isn't poopyhead.
02-06-2003 14:43 Poopyhead is offline Send an Email to Poopyhead Search for Posts by Poopyhead Add Poopyhead to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

It's a lot more than what we expected.. we were expecting a couple of hundred dollars. I'm sure Terry will be shocked.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-06-2003 15:32 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

quote:
Originally posted by audiori

It's a lot more than what we expected.. we were expecting a couple of hundred dollars. I'm sure Terry will be shocked.

Well with BD's comments that the $200 profit from Dambit is going to Terry to... His wife will look pail as the cheque in the mail will not be the amount they were thinking about.

Party at Terrys house????

Or perhaps this can pay for all the rights to Darn Floor Big Bite or Let's Spin or Outdoor Elvis for a re-release.

(I love spending other peoples money for them)

02-06-2003 15:42 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Bubba Death Machine
We don't, like, know about friggin' Terry, but we were, like, you know, hoping for more than $3 !!!

Dude, we can't even, like, super-size our fries with THAT!!! Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

Tongue LOL! Tongue

02-06-2003 15:56 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

wow, I didn't think the tapes would go for over $500.00.
silly me! Roll Eyes

02-06-2003 15:58 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Tyler Durden

A great auction would be to be in the studio while they are recording. (HINT HINT: I can play Cowbell like no other)

heh heh

bang that Cowbell!!!
02-06-2003 16:38 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by mprinsen
I, Mark Prinsen, long time DADL'er am one of the three lucky dogs who won the TST tapes

Location, Location, Location... Pleased

do not forget to invite me (& any other fellow MN's) over for your listening party after you receive the tapes... Roll Eyes

02-06-2003 16:41 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

maybe we can all dance on Olvera street while listening.....

02-06-2003 17:09 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Mark is a lucky guy. Unfortunately, it's not this Mark.

02-06-2003 17:46 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

That is too bad. Too bad it's not me either.

02-06-2003 19:06 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

Communications with one of the winners is that there will not be a sharing of the entire recording.

That is a bummer.

I look forward to the long awaited dvd of the recording.

02-06-2003 23:57 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

That really sucks.

02-07-2003 16:03 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Yeah, what he said.

02-07-2003 18:34 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
mprinsen
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 09-30-2002

Sharing tapes Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have really mixed feelings about owning these tapes.

1. If I had lost the auction and never had a chance to hear these recordings, I'd feel that my life wasn't complete and be nagging the winner relentlessly to share.

2. But, since I'm shelling out some major money and having to liquidate part of my DADL collection to pay for these tapes, If I freely share these tapes to be a nice guy and not be selfish, then the value of these recordings becomes worthless because anyone with a recording can freely distrubute it and I don't get compensated at all, making me stupid for paying so much for them in the first place.

I'm between a rock and a hard place.

If *I* had to decide how to sell the tapes next time, I'd consider having Audiories make CDRs of them and sell them just like Ten-Gallon-Hat. Or, I'd take sealed bids from the DADL and DAMB fans and see if it comes to enough money. That kind of happened this time, except with everybody kicking in $25, it was obvious that the consortium wasn't going to win the tapes and some bootlegger would end up with them which would be the ultimate bummer.....so..... what to do except find some partners who felt the same way and buy the tapes.

The only real snag is Terry's desire not to have the recordings become widely distrubuted.... I don't know how that could be controlled in an auction setting.

I don't like being a pig and hogging the tapes to myself, but I don't want to be a moron and decrease their value to myself and other partners and disappoint Terry either!
02-08-2003 09:41 mprinsen is offline Send an Email to mprinsen Search for Posts by mprinsen Add mprinsen to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

If I paid that much, I would feel the same way.

It would be nice to have a cd that only plays with a drop of dadl DNA. That way it could only be played inside "the family"
02-08-2003 10:57 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
Pages (16): « first ... « previous 8 9 [10] 11 12 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Official Auction from Terry Taylor

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH