Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Sacred Cows Responses » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Sacred Cows Responses
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

man these fake posters can shure get annoying Wink

06-12-2002 18:21 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Über Parrot
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-20-2002
Location: I am Right.........all the time! Repent you lost sinners. Stop your swearing and cussing and drinking and R movies and smoking and laughing and having fun and those stoopid smiley faces

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich

I know what you mean! I don't know who's who anymore.

Ü

06-12-2002 18:25 Über Parrot is offline Send an Email to Über Parrot Search for Posts by Über Parrot Add Über Parrot to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Über Parrot
quote:

I know what you mean! I don't know who's who anymore.

Ü

ya they really Mountain Dew Uncle Ralph off big time Big Grin

06-12-2002 19:07 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

I think CV is really LK-9. Think about it.. right after LK-9 "leaves" for a while, this joker shows up. Coincidence? I think LK-9 "leaving" was just a ruse so we wouldn't suspect him.
06-12-2002 19:35 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

quote:
Originally posted by the Tuxedo Clad Megastar Victim
1. There is no way that a secular song could possibly minister to anyone.

2. In may have been done in good fun (although I doubt that), but it was in very bad taste.

3. So anyone who disagrees with popular opinion or doesn't like everything put out by David Amos is wacky, huh? Have you people no Christian love in your hearts?

1) Why not? A) Doing any less than considering the possibility would be considered bigotry and prejudice. Even if Christians are a minority. B) Secular songs do minister to people - some have ministered to me. Where do you think Christian music came from? Does Christian music have roots in Christian music? I don't think so. What about those Christian boy bands? C) I think having a Christian mind means living in this world, taking everything in, but filtering out the bad. In other words, things of this world, even if they are secular, can speak to you in some way. If all you do is immerse yourself in Christian stuff, I doubt you would be prepared to minister to anyone. You need to know about this world to be able to minister to it.

2) Yes, "bad taste." Obviously you don't know much about this band. They have been pointing out hipocricy and problems in the church for the last two decades. Sometimes a sharp satire can't hurt. Ever heard of tough love?

3) Being a DA or Eddies fan is not a "popular opinion." In fact, there are few DA fans. Any devoted fan probably posts on this board if that gives you any idea. However, your opinion is popular.

I don't actually hate or dislike Amy Grant or the Tuxedo Clad Megastar. Although there does seem to be a fair amount of people who are less enthusiastic about them (which is understandable). Furthermore, I am not a fan of every DA album. They have some good songs, they have songs that aren't so good. Just like any other artist.

Sincerely,
Dave.

06-13-2002 01:44 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

While your points are all valid, keep in mind that CV is most likely a put-on and really agrees with the rest of the board... Wink

06-13-2002 01:47 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

put on Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
While your points are all valid, keep in mind that CV is most likely a put-on and really agrees with the rest of the board... Wink

It seemed to me like you guys were just trying to avoid conflict... even if it is a put on.

06-13-2002 11:56 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Heck.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"It seemed to me like you guys were just trying to avoid conflict... even if it is a put on"

....Avoid conflict?!?.... That's what tiggers do BEST! Smile

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
06-13-2002 12:11 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Bubba
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

quote:
Originally posted by arcticsunburn
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Joey T.

quote:

It seemed to me like you guys were just trying to avoid conflict... even if it is a put on.

Some statements just don't deserve a response....(not yours, but CV's...) Smile )

06-13-2002 12:37 Bubba is offline Send an Email to Bubba Search for Posts by Bubba Add Bubba to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Gamgee
I think CV is really LK-9. Think about it.. right after LK-9 "leaves" for a while, this joker shows up. Coincidence? I think LK-9 "leaving" was just a ruse so we wouldn't suspect him.

that's why I thought K-9 was Über Shocked

06-13-2002 13:29 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

He's either LK9, BD or tm. He talks sort of like Rev Tucker, so I'm leaning more toward LK9.... Who knows, could be audiori. Pleased

06-13-2002 13:31 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Ubique Epoque

quote:
He's either LK9, BD or tm. He talks sort of like Rev Tucker, so I'm leaning more toward LK9.... Who knows, could be audiori. Pleased

I'm sure the brothers townsend are way above this kind of nonsense...

(did you see me sucking up there? Wink )

06-13-2002 13:34 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Bowling Pin Bowling Pin is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 05-28-2002

I think CV's a nice guy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Pay no attention to these guys, CV. They're just like a bunch of 10th-graders who just wrote fake names like Frank N. Stein in study hall so they could cop themselves a library pass. They don't mean to hurt you. They just want to see how cool you are.

C'mon guys, you're the Christians, right? Be nice. Smile

06-13-2002 14:46 Bowling Pin is offline Send an Email to Bowling Pin Search for Posts by Bowling Pin Add Bowling Pin to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

alias.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Bowling Pin
Pay no attention to these guys, CV. They're just like a bunch of 10th-graders who just wrote fake names like Frank N. Stein in study hall so they could cop themselves a library pass.

You mean "Bowling Pin" is your real name??? Wink

06-13-2002 15:43 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:

I'm off the alt egos for a while....no new ones at leastWink

it's too hard to keep in character Roll Eyes

I'm still thinking Shempy...i haven't read all the other posts yet today, so he may of already said it weren't him.

audiori's? don't think so....to busy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
Pay no attention to these guys, CV. They're just like a bunch of 10th-graders who just wrote fake names like Frank N. Stein in study hall so they could cop themselves a library pass.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----

You mean "Bowling Pin" is your real name???

-----------------------------------------------------

heh heh heh it's Mr. Pin Big Grin

BD

06-13-2002 18:27 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Pay no attention to these guys, CV. They're just like a bunch of 10th-graders who just wrote fake names like Frank N. Stein in study hall so they could cop themselves a library pass. They don't mean to hurt you. They just want to see how cool you are.

C'mon guys, you're the Christians, right? Be nice. Smile

I agree if he's a real person to be nice. But if he's not.....we don't have to be nice Wink it's the DAmb!

BD Big Grin

06-13-2002 18:29 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Frank N. Stein
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 06-13-2002

Yeah, and how do you think I feel??? All those dorks using my name in the 10th grade??!!?? Arrrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!! Mad

06-13-2002 18:34 Frank N. Stein is offline Send an Email to Frank N. Stein Search for Posts by Frank N. Stein Add Frank N. Stein to your Buddy List
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

oh boy...

looks like this could be a good thread to avoid.

~Kaf

"One more cup of coffee 'fore I go....

to the valley below."
(now there's a "secular" song that really ministers to me!)

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

06-13-2002 18:34 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

Big Grin

06-13-2002 18:35 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:

Yeah, why can't folks just be themselves??? Confused

Wink

06-13-2002 18:37 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Sacred Cows Responses

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH