Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DAMB IT II - The Sequel » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DAMB IT II - The Sequel
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

Taking the bull by the horns ... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BD
I'll have to go back through this thread and make a list...

not today though. Roll Eyes

BDCool

I'm musically as inclined as a platypus (no, not Earl, but he is doing well), but I am tenacious. So...I took what BD said and compiled a list of all the titles offered so far. The list is alphabetical. Email me with your top four (4) choices and I will compile them and present a more concise list for you all to vote on on Wednesday, Feb 26.

Sound good? Ok,
here's the list ... aphabelitcally, of course. There are a total of 39 titles to pick from. With nearly forty choices, we should be able to come up with SOMEthing.

Adamba
All Our Damb World Famous Damb Hits
The AnnualLowBrowBeatDambfanalbumIcedMugof Dr.PepperCoaster!
BibleDamb
Carmen Doesn't Live Here Anymore
Crime Hoarse
DadlLand
Damb Board - Big Blight
The Damb Chronicles
Damb! I Did It Again
Damb People
Damb Points Weak Points
Damb Preachers from Outerspace
Damb the Dadl
The Damb White Album
Dambed Again and Going to Heaven
Dambercycle
Dambers From Outer Space
Dambiel Amiss
Dambleganger
Damb-y'all Amos
Dork Floor - Big Bite
Doubledamber
Fearful Dambitry
Kiss Our Prolific Lowbrow Butts, You Dambed Dadlers!
Horrendous Dambit
Loud Proud and Dambed Again
More Negative Fruit - songs of worship and inspiration
MotorRecycle
Mr. BD's Dream
Outdoor Dambis
Outdoor Dorkis
Sgt. Dambers Lonely Hearts Club Band
Shotgun Dambers
Shotgun Diddy
Songs of the Damb
Vox Damb-ana
When Everyone Squashed Cats - songs torn apart
Zoom Dadl-ey

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
02-19-2003 02:04 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
Buffalo Buffalo is a male
Esculent Eskimo

images/avatars/avatar-283.jpg

Registration Date: 09-26-2002

Title-list! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Scrimshaw Nick Rocks! Thanks for the compilation.

I'm workin' on my vote and will e-mail it after I write this note.

If the collection allows any DA related song, I think a general name is best. (DAmbiel Amiss and DAmb Points Weak Points among others, would qualify.)

Whereas a name like BibleDAmb would be great if we did a CD that was only Bibleland songs.

Or, The DAmb Chronicles would be great for a disc that allowed only songs from the Alarma Chronicles.

In fact, I say that's what we oughta do, go through the whole collection, album by album, starting with the first release, Daniel Amos, and call it DAmbiel Amiss.
Next would be Shotgun Angel, hmmm, Shotgun DAmbgel (read Shot gun DAmb Gel.)
Then Horrendous DAmb
then DAmbarma (DAmb Arm Uh!) (ADAmba is in the list)
then DoubleDAmber
then Vox DAmbana
then Fearful DAmbitry
then... !!!

If we did this for only DA releases, at one, or two per year, how long would it take us to finish? What if we included Swirling Eddies and/or Lost Dogs and/or TST???
02-19-2003 03:35 Buffalo is offline Send an Email to Buffalo Search for Posts by Buffalo Add Buffalo to your Buddy List
Buffalo Buffalo is a male
Esculent Eskimo

images/avatars/avatar-283.jpg

Registration Date: 09-26-2002

Vote emailed Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Goodnight!
02-19-2003 03:46 Buffalo is offline Send an Email to Buffalo Search for Posts by Buffalo Add Buffalo to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

a good idea.. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

SN-
but I'm such a dolt
how would I e mail you with out an addy?
jiminY

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
02-19-2003 07:55 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by BD
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just a reminder on the schedule for this project:

We can add Feb. as the month for picking a title Smile )
April - start picking songs
May-June - make a commitment to be on the project
July-August - final song picks
September - First Deadline for song submittals.
October - Re-dues if necessary.
All songs completed by Nov. 1st

I'm glad to see everyone so excited about doing part two.Pleased But it's going to be a long year. Let's not get excited too soon.

And don't wait until the last minute to figure out what you want to do either!Evil Wink

I think with the extra time, we should be able to do as good or better than the first one! Cool

DAmbers ROCK!

BD
02-19-2003 09:17 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Hmmmm.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BD
I'm glad to see everyone so excited about doing part two.Pleased But it's going to be a long year.

THAT'd be a good song to do.... especially as my daughters continue to age (& thus show mine)....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
02-19-2003 09:50 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Official Impasto

Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
SN-
but I'm such a dolt
how would I e mail you with out an addy?
jiminY

JimInY,

my email address is cyclopticwonder@email.com

or you can hit the email link at the bottom of the box of this post.

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
02-19-2003 14:29 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

done!
(thx for helping the "e" challenged ones)
JiminY criCKet

02-19-2003 14:43 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

btw Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

can we call
"dibs"
on certain songs yet?????
(just wonderin......NO thats not a hint!)

02-19-2003 14:49 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Does anyone know of a freeware or shareware program that will allow me to make a techno house mix of Dance Stop?

02-19-2003 15:18 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

Registration Date: 02-14-2003

They want to KILL Berger! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes, they DO! They want grind Berger. They want to barbeque Berger! They want to SLICE Berger! But they'll never find me in here!!!HAHAHAHAhahaahabbbppxxxxccckktt!

02-19-2003 16:24 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
Official Impasto

Berger, you're safe here. You're among FRIENDS! People who like you ... appreciate you, even.

Hey Berger, want to help out? Go to the top of this page and email what you think are good titles for our next fan album.

02-19-2003 16:36 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

Registration Date: 02-14-2003

Where am I.

02-19-2003 16:40 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

quote:
Originally posted by Berger Roy Al
Where am I.

You are with people who care about you and want to keep you safe.

At least until the next Swirling Eddies album then we'll put you in storage till we need another.

02-19-2003 16:42 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Pedantic
Does anyone know of a freeware or shareware program that will allow me to make a techno house mix of Dance Stop?

Hmmm, there's N-Track studio, or the free version of Pro-tools.

02-19-2003 17:04 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
can we call
"dibs"
on certain songs yet?????
(just wonderin......NO thats not a hint!)

Yes, I'll start a new webpage for DAmb It II with a DIBS section just for you. there are already several people that have emailed me their song choices.

I'll try and put up a basic page tonight!

BD
02-19-2003 17:31 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

Hmmm, I think the banos should regroup and plug in for this one.

I may even buy new bass strings.

02-19-2003 17:36 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

WOO HOO

plugged banos!

does that hurt?
02-19-2003 17:54 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

I can't decide. What a dilemna.

02-20-2003 12:19 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
jwaltb
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

new to-do Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sounds good! I've been looking forward to this ever since putting to rest the final version for last time. I DO need to get started early this time though (hear that, self????). And we can't submit more than 2 songs, huh? Well that's twice as many for me! I can live with that Big Grin

One thought, though..... what about ruling out the songs that were covered the first time around? That'd give it just a bit of a "twist" (hmmmm, that's an idea.)

Jimb
02-20-2003 12:40 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
Pages (10): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DAMB IT II - The Sequel

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH