Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hey Tim Chandler, do you know Carman? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hey Tim Chandler, do you know Carman?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

BD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

sorry i missed your question last night--i'm not sure if terry has heard your project--my cd arrived just after he was in town or i would've played it for him. i'll sure play it for him next time he's here
03-13-2003 09:00 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
One Weigh Street
unregistered
r and r hall of fame Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey Tim,
Besides DA, are there any other bands that you think should be in the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame by now?

I'm trying to figure out how AC/DC and The Clash got in there before Bob Seger, myself.
Jim

PS For the record, I realize that the whole concept of an RRHF is somewhat ridiculous; but as long as we have one, I'm just wondering your thoughts.
03-13-2003 10:05
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
sorry i missed your question last night--i'm not sure if terry has heard your project--my cd arrived just after he was in town or i would've played it for him. i'll sure play it for him next time he's here

Thanks Tim, things move pretty fast around here some times. It's easy to miss posts during a "feeding frenzy" Cool

BD

03-13-2003 12:15 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by One Weigh Street
quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
quote:
Originally posted by somehypocriticalChrist-ian
carmen plays piano and sings CCM,

He plays an instrument? That actually raises my opinion of the guy! is there more than one the Tuxedo Clad Megastar, cause now we have a carMEN? hey where does the question mark go?

He does play piano and he does write his own tunes, including some pretty good ones, so there must be some talent behind all the glitzy entertainment.

uh, no...... Roll Eyes

Cool
03-13-2003 13:10 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

posts Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:
Originally posted by tchandler

Thanks Tim, things move pretty fast around here some times. It's easy to miss posts during a "feeding frenzy" Cool

BD

I HaVe missed whole threads...

03-13-2003 13:17 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Michelle
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 03-16-2002

quote:
Originally posted by BobRobertz

I wonder if Keith ever listened to Daniel Amos. I would love to know what he thought (although I'd be crushed if he didn't share my enthusiasm).

Peace.

A friend of mine says he was at a concert in Dallas (he doesn't remember the year) in which DA opened for Keith. They engaged in their usual onstage antics, and when Keith got up he gave them a severe tongue lashing for it. Anyone out there able to confirm this story?
03-13-2003 16:27 Michelle is offline Send an Email to Michelle Search for Posts by Michelle Add Michelle to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

quote:
Originally posted by Michelle
quote:
Originally posted by BobRobertz

I wonder if Keith ever listened to Daniel Amos. I would love to know what he thought (although I'd be crushed if he didn't share my enthusiasm).

Peace.

A friend of mine says he was at a concert in Dallas (he doesn't remember the year) in which DA opened for Keith. They engaged in their usual onstage antics, and when Keith got up he gave them a severe tongue lashing for it. Anyone out there able to confirm this story?

i hope that's not true.... Frown

Cool
03-13-2003 16:36 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Michelle

Confused

03-13-2003 17:15 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

It has all the trappings of an Urban Legend.
though Jimmi Hendrix DID open for the Monkees in 1966 in a CA concert

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
03-13-2003 17:30 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

i get to wondering..... Confused

Cool
03-13-2003 17:44 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Michelle
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 03-16-2002

Not a legend Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
It has all the trappings of an Urban Legend.
though Jimmi Hendrix DID open for the Monkees in 1966 in a CA concert

This is his first-hand account. He says he was in the audience and told me the story when he found out I'm a DA fan. He is not a DA fan, but he said he felt bad for the band. So to follow CS Lewis' logic, he's either lying, insane, or it's true.
03-13-2003 18:06 Michelle is offline Send an Email to Michelle Search for Posts by Michelle Add Michelle to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Yeah some people just didn't 'get it' when it
came to DA's weirder stuff or the theatrics
on stage. Now, now...you can't be creative!

Rock music is eeevil... but now country, thats
Holy Godly music or something.. I think, right?
Play Shotgun Angel!!!

Larry Norman we know pretty well after the tons, and
tons of emails we got from him. He'a an enigma, somewhat
eccentric which most very creative people are. Sort of
comes at things from a different perspective than most,
which I think is evident in his songs and commentary
between songs.

As for Carman.. he has his audience,
I am not one of them. After hearing his songs,
I come away sort of feeling offended. Like making
Jesus the sherrif and he's rounding up the devil,
in an overly campy way.. just seems to cheapen
the message to me. It's like turning the Gospel
into an episode of the 70's Batman show..
leaves a bad taste in my mouth. But it's just a
feeling I get. And he kinda redoes that with Boxing,
Rambo/Riot type stuff...
I thought his first tape was better than this stuff
he does now.

el jaso

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
03-13-2003 18:33 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Good points.

03-13-2003 19:12 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Bad points

03-13-2003 19:21 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
BobRobertz BobRobertz is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 03-02-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
Good Points, Bad points

Strong Points/ Weak Points...sorry, couldn't resist the DA reference.
03-13-2003 19:33 BobRobertz is offline Send an Email to BobRobertz Search for Posts by BobRobertz Add BobRobertz to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of BobRobertz: BobRobertz1
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

And the angel told Tom to be a good boy and not correct others!
03-13-2003 19:35 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I couldn't resist either. Big Grin

03-13-2003 19:37 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

And still time compels you within these lines
to read the signs, you will find the truth....

Cool

Cool
03-13-2003 19:38 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Jad
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 06-21-2002

Hey Tim. I'm fine.

Now I know why you never post over on the Monkey Board. Too busy living it up with the DA boys! I guess you must be missing them all since the big move.

Hoo roo.
03-13-2003 21:11 Jad is offline Send an Email to Jad Search for Posts by Jad Add Jad to your Buddy List
jwaltb
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

Hey Jim,
I am happy to see that SOME-one out there feels this way about the Tuxedo Clad Megastar. I do agree with your sentiments about his "faith teaching" theology but, hey, I don't think that makes him the devil incarnate. In spite of the sentiments here - and I can understand the course of the argument against him, just don't fully agree that it's the bane of every true believer - I do think there are alot of people that get ministered to by his music. There are some things he's done that I thought were pretty good. There are some things I thought were pretty simplistic and engineered to get an emotional rise out of the average evangelical. But then again, what was Terry saying in the lyrics to Bibleland? And how about Evangeline off of SOTH?

Anyway, just thought I'd chime in to let you know you're not alone in those sentiments. I don't think I'm gonna start buying his CDs any time soon but hey, as Christ said, if he isn't against us.......

JB

the Tuxedo Clad Megastar is kind of a joke on this board, if you haven't noticed. I've been about the only one known to defend him now and then, although I certainly appreciate any annoyance at his "demon behind every tree" mentality, and all that other baggage that comes with the "word of faith" type of evangelists.

My question is, do you know Carman? Have you ever met him or talked to him at some of these big Christian concert events? Is he different than we perceive him, worse than we perceive him, or what? What's your overall impression of the guy, if you don't mind me asking?
Curious,
Jim
[/QUOTE]
03-14-2003 12:18 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
Pages (6): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hey Tim Chandler, do you know Carman?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH