Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Is John Wayne any good? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Is John Wayne any good?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
anne
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i love it too! imo, it has several really GREAT songs & the rest are very good.

this is one of those albums that i liked ok on the first listen and it has grown steadily on me ever since. i've come to prefer jw's rockier sound over the mellower stylings of terry's last couple solo albums (although i do also like them).
03-20-2003 20:40 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

and remember.. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

John Wayne made lots and lots of movies...

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
03-21-2003 14:24 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I love that
ad for the "war videos"
Tora Tora Tora-Longest Day-Patton
the only JW line in it is from The Longest Day
"send 'em to hell."

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
03-21-2003 14:27 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

No one has mentioned Miniture Girl -a great song!

03-21-2003 15:15 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Guido Martinez
John Wayne is a fansatic record. Kind of DA-esque. However, the best cut on the record has not even been mentioned. "Too Many Angels" is right up there with some of Terry's best.

hey Guido! Long time, no see!
what's up champ? Smile

03-21-2003 15:23 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

This is my favorite solo album from TST. Great lyrics.

Here comes Mr. Flutter
He and Mrs. Dread, well, they love each other
Gonna build a haunted house
and be my father and mother
They're tyin' the knot
in the middle of my gut
and they both want kids
so there's one in the oven
They've picked out a name
(he's called "little Nothin'")
I think he was born to be
my kissin' cousin

(This song was a measure of my life a few years back)

God knows I got a ten gallon hat
over my devil horns

(False nobility, feet of clay man attempting to carry himself with bravado and sactimony...just like me)

03-21-2003 16:46 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool
03-21-2003 18:02 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
bigboycying
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 02-24-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by bigboycying

It is mine. It will soon be in my possession.

Booo-ha-ha-hahahhahhahhahhahhahah.
03-21-2003 18:04 bigboycying is offline Send an Email to bigboycying Search for Posts by bigboycying Add bigboycying to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Pedantic
No one has mentioned Miniture Girl -a great song!

I forgot about that one. That's the best song on the CD!

03-21-2003 19:09 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Hold on there, Baba-Dorfy!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Better than "Writer's Block"?
Better than "Chicken Crosses the Road"?
Better than "Mr. Flutter"?
BETTER THAN "YOU LAY THE %$#@^#@$ DOWN"?!?!?!?!?!??? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

"You Lay the #%@^$#% Down," of course, being the working title before those nasty Family Bookstore censors got to it.... Big Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
03-22-2003 13:36 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Shocked

03-22-2003 13:51 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Big Grin

03-22-2003 22:00 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
afterglow
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 02-19-2003

Just my two cents.....

John Wayne is THE best TST solo album and is in my top 10 TST related albums.

Not that anyone cares except me.

03-22-2003 23:29 afterglow is offline Search for Posts by afterglow Add afterglow to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Knowledge is better but only slightly.

03-23-2003 00:10 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by carl
"You Lay the #%@^$#% Down," of course, being the working title before those nasty Family Bookstore censors got to it.... Big Grin

Tongue LOL! Tongue

03-24-2003 15:03 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Guido Martinez Guido Martinez is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
John Wayne is a fansatic record. Kind of DA-esque. However, the best cut on the record has not even been mentioned. "Too Many Angels" is right up there with some of Terry's best.

hey Guido! Long time, no see!
what's up champ? Smile

Yeah, I don't get to post as often as I would like. Aunt Betty requires me to service her every waking moment of the day, and then 'drags' me out on the town with her every evening....
03-24-2003 15:10 Guido Martinez is offline Send an Email to Guido Martinez Homepage of Guido Martinez Search for Posts by Guido Martinez Add Guido Martinez to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Guido Martinez: None YIM Account Name of Guido Martinez: None
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Aunt Betty requires me to service her every waking moment of the day,

"service her?" Shocked

Smile )
don't be a stranger!
Smile )

03-24-2003 15:18 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
jamespop jamespop is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

[/QUOTE]

Hee, hee, hee.

Seriously, I love this album. (Heck, I waited long enough for its release. How long was this one in the works before it was finally birthed?)

03-25-2003 11:32 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
Lobstermuchacho!
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 03-02-2003

Buy it. Pay retail. Order it special from the nice young man at the Christian book store. Tell him you want to see more Terry. Tip him. Join the revolution..
03-26-2003 01:35 Lobstermuchacho! is offline Send an Email to Lobstermuchacho! Search for Posts by Lobstermuchacho! Add Lobstermuchacho! to your Buddy List
bigboycying
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 02-24-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by bigboycying

It just arrived today. Haven't listened to all of it yet. But here's my first impressions:

It's really good.

I can't see even bothering to try to compare it to Knowledge -- they're too different. But I can't see myself going back to JW again and again at different stages of my life like I do K&I. I mean, K& I is one of those albums you just have to listen to sometimes.
03-27-2003 14:52 bigboycying is offline Send an Email to bigboycying Search for Posts by bigboycying Add bigboycying to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Is John Wayne any good?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH