Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » MY response to Terry's letter. » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page MY response to Terry's letter.
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bigboycying
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 02-24-2003

MY response to Terry's letter. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I hope he sees this.

Dear Terry,

Thanks for caring enough to send us your personal thoughts. I personally can't believe that anyone could think you guys are in-it-for-the-money rock stars. I also can't believe that anyone would think the prices for CD's in this joint are high! Give me a break! I own every Dylan album ever made and I wish they were as cheap as yours! I even paid more for Self Portrait and that thing stinks! I knew it stunk before I bought it!
Seriously, it hurts me that Christian radio & book stores don't promote your stuff, but it's pretty obvious to me that neither of those institutions have any interest in music for adults. It's a "Prayer of Jabez" world out there, and that's what sells. I have no interest in songs portraying Jesus as my girlfriend, so I will continue to do my shopping at the DA webstore.
I am a pastor in a mainline protestant denomination -- which is a hard life these days. I am not a pastor of a megachurch, or a semi-megachurch, or a semi-semi megachurch -- and I probably never will be. Sometimes that makes me feel like a failure. Many times I feel like I've let God down. I've wanted to call it quits many times. But lately I've been thinking about The Little Band That Could, and about how, even though you don't play to arena crowds and smile on the cover of Christian Cutie-pie Magazine, you've made the world a better place. And I am encouraged. Maybe a touch of faith is enough for small great things.
God bless you, and God bless your crucial ministry.

Your fan (even though I can't spell your song titles),

BBC
04-04-2003 22:19 bigboycying is offline Send an Email to bigboycying Search for Posts by bigboycying Add bigboycying to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's a great letter, BBC. Thanks! Smile

(I can't help but think, though, "Did I miss something? When did Terry write a personal letter to the DAmb?")

And, btw bbc...I feel that I let God down alot too...in my own ministry/life, though I do not over-see a congregation. I do over-see a small family (my two boys, my wife and myself). But, I suppose if we were "strong" people we would have no need for a God like Him, aye? Wink

Keep on keepin' on there BBC...and I'll do the same.

Thanks again for your "response". Pleased

04-05-2003 03:16 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by EdHead
(I can't help but think, though, "Did I miss something? When did Terry write a personal letter to the DAmb?")

Ah...found it...thanks John Foxe! Smile

04-05-2003 03:29 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
Skemankis
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 03-13-2003

Maybe to make their stuff sell like crazy...they should add the word Worship to the title like everyone else does these days. Roll Eyes

04-06-2003 08:24 Skemankis is offline Send an Email to Skemankis Search for Posts by Skemankis Add Skemankis to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Hmmm.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Darn Floor Big Worship? Nonononononono....

Mr. Buechner's Worship? Nonononononono....

Motorcycle Worship? Nonononononono....

Horrendous Worship? Nonononononono....

Doppelganger Worship? Nonononononono....

Outdoor Elvis Worship? NONONONONONONONONO....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
04-06-2003 14:15 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

i kinda like HW

04-06-2003 14:16 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Aloha's Bus Driver
unregistered

Outdoor Elvis Worship gets my vote.

Jeremy
04-06-2003 14:49
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

quote:
Originally posted by Aloha's Bus Driver

Jeremy

are we running low on user names? Confused

Wink

Cool
04-06-2003 17:27 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by carl

Horrendous Worship

Big Grin

04-07-2003 08:11 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Aloha's Bus Driver
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by joey
quote:
Originally posted by Aloha's Bus Driver

Jeremy

are we running low on user names? Confused

Wink

I thought my user name was clever. Big Grin

Jeremy
04-07-2003 10:43
web
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

When Everyone Worshipped Hats
04-07-2003 11:15 web is offline Send an Email to web Search for Posts by web Add web to your Buddy List
web
Sublime Brain Puppet

Let's Spin and Worship
04-07-2003 11:15 web is offline Send an Email to web Search for Posts by web Add web to your Buddy List
web
Sublime Brain Puppet

And of course...Sacred Cow Worship!
04-07-2003 11:16 web is offline Send an Email to web Search for Posts by web Add web to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

iworship!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-07-2003 11:23 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
web
Sublime Brain Puppet

Shotgun Worship
04-07-2003 11:27 web is offline Send an Email to web Search for Posts by web Add web to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

I like your user name Smile

Oh, and how about :

Shirley, Goodness, & Misery Worship.

Yes, I like that Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

04-07-2003 11:37 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

quote:
Originally posted by web
Let's Spin and Worship

Oh, that sounds like fun!

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

04-07-2003 11:37 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by web
Shotgun Worship

they tried that at my church... Confused

trust me, it does not work.

04-07-2003 11:40 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by Woggy
quote:
Originally posted by web
Let's Spin and Worship

Oh, that sounds like fun!
Been there, done that (or at least watched others do it). Like DaLe said, it doesn't work.... Tongue

04-07-2003 11:44 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Spittle & Worship....

oh yeah, seen that one too.... Tongue

Hodgepodge and Random Worship....

Uh yeah, that too.... Tongue

04-07-2003 11:45 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » MY response to Terry's letter.

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH