Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hey Tim! (part II) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hey Tim! (part II)
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

carl, jim Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

carl--you weren't off with the bruce thomas comment at all--i love his playing

jim--bruce thomas played in elvis costello's band and has played on a great many other projects. colin moulding plays for xtc. that maby guy is great, he was one of the main ones i was forgetting.
04-24-2003 14:04 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

CUA DID PLAY ON SUNDAYS CHILD
I SAW THE UNDERGROUND TOUR-AND RICK WAS ON BASS.
GADS- THAT WAS IN 1984!!!!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-24-2003 14:13 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
One Weigh Street
unregistered
yet another question for Tim Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What is the most amazing experience that has ever happened at a concert you played at?
04-24-2003 14:16
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

why do you play so nice over here?

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

04-24-2003 14:52 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

LIKE MA SAYS......
IF THE FOO SH_TS-
SOMEONES WEARIN IT

04-24-2003 14:55 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

quote:
Originally posted by Woggy

it would be kinda cool to see mugs and burger get into it....... Big Grin

Cool
04-24-2003 14:57 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Daniel Amos

hmmm--what's the most amazing experience i've ever had at a concert i played at.

all of the eddies in drag/partial drag playing and singing "i am woman" at cornerstone?

playing gigs where there were more people on stage than in the audience? (this happened to me once when i played in a three piece band.)

that's a hard question. "amazing" goes in a lot of different directions. i'd have to really think about it but i'll tell you several moments that stick.

one of the very first times i ever played with da was in nova scotia in 1981. that was during a period of time in which some of da's audience wasn't caught up on the fact that the band had moved on from country music. when we walked out on stage there was nothing but a Sea of Cowboy Hats in front of us. we played a loud blasting version of "through the speakers" for the first song. when we finished the song, there was no applause, and in fact there was nothing but total stunned dead silence. crickets chirping and tumbleweeds blowing by. it was hilarious. all i could do to keep from bursting out laughing.

seriously, there were moments like someone coming up after the gig and saying that they were at home literally thinking about killing themselves but a friend talked them into coming and now that they've heard the band, they're definitely going through with it. no, sorry, just kidding, but once a guy did come up and say he was thinking about suicide, but something happened during the music that somehow changed him and he'd re-committed his life to God. people say things like that and it's hard to tell if it's really real or just some sort of drama on their part.
i was on the other side of the world in new zealand or someplace and this person said they listen to such and such a record of ours every night before they go to bed because it means so much to them.

if any of those things are true, and anyone has ever truly been affected that deeply, i guess that's the most amazing thing to me. that and ed's shocking backstage eating habits.
04-24-2003 14:57 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

tm c Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

LOL ON THE "SAY A PRAYER FOR ME TONIGHT" THROWBACK!

(though its a serious subject- and I KNOW that your music has changed lives..
as in, mine!)

04-24-2003 15:00 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

woggy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

why does who play so nice over here?
04-24-2003 15:01 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

tim-
uhm, what do you think of the Pope?
(jk)

04-24-2003 15:12 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

jiminy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i gotta admit i don't spend a lot of time thinking about the pope.
04-24-2003 15:21 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
One Weigh Street
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler

She means me. Big Grin Don't worry we won't get into it here. The Argument dump is where WWIII is occuring. Of course, its everyone else's fault, not mine. Wink
04-24-2003 15:21
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

and its my fault, not anyone elses.

04-24-2003 15:27 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
web
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

quote:
hmmm--what's the most amazing experience i've ever had at a concert i played at.

What? Weren't you there for the Dan Michaels condom incident?
04-24-2003 15:27 web is offline Send an Email to web Search for Posts by web Add web to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

quote:

Oh, never mind.

it's not worth your time, kind sir..............

So, what do you think of loud-mouth, bowling alley barmaids (aka "barsluts")??

04-24-2003 15:28 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

nope, it's MY fault, DAmb it!

I want to have FULL responsibility.

Lay it on.

Go ahead.

Yeah, that's what I want...............

04-24-2003 15:29 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

Shocked

04-24-2003 15:32 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

the only barsluts I like
are the ones I'm related to.

(hmm, tim in a dress, barslut, is there a connection here?)
did he only wear the dress ON stage????

04-24-2003 15:32 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
One Weigh Street
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Woggy

Thanks Woggy, it's nice to hear something positive like that said. This part of the board is for DA, and DA only, as far as I'm concerned.

Hope you're having a nice day. I'll pray for the situation with the hubby, that you mentioned in the Argument Dump.

Maybe I'll email you off the board, and we can agree to end the war, though we don't have to pretend there aren't issues.
Jim
04-24-2003 15:33
One Weigh Street
unregistered

So Tim, what do you think of sacred cows? Big Grin
Its a joke, don't answer it. Wink

I'll read your "amazing" concert experience later; I'm looking forward to reading it, and not just glancing at it. Smile
Jim
04-24-2003 15:37
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Hey Tim! (part II)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH