Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » friday » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page friday
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

friday Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

happy friday, friends!

my son max recently finished his last track meet. one of the events he runs is a long relay in which he has to run a lap or two around the track for his part of the relay.

as he's running, a big 7th grade kid (max is in 6th) runs up beside him and says "hey, you're pretty fast!" max says "oh, thanks. so are you." and, apparently, they have a conversation as they're running around the track against each other. Smile

(and uvulapie, if you're out there, if you sent an email to tim@thechoir.net anytime in the last week or so, i didn't get it. that account was down but is back up again. just didn't want you, or anyone else, to think i was ignoring you.)
05-26-2006 10:43 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
bigdork.2
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 11-22-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi Tim!

Kids are great! Cool

05-26-2006 10:46 bigdork.2 is offline Send an Email to bigdork.2 Search for Posts by bigdork.2 Add bigdork.2 to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

Thread Starter Thread Started by tchandler
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hey, bigdork! yes kids are great! i wish i'd had about 10 of 'em. i just didn't know how great it would be.
05-26-2006 10:49 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
bigdork.2
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 11-22-2004

heh heh

two is enough for me. Cool Tongue

05-26-2006 10:50 bigdork.2 is offline Send an Email to bigdork.2 Search for Posts by bigdork.2 Add bigdork.2 to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

I am halfway to your Glory there Tim sir
I have 5 (three at home)

So Max does not aspire to the "Dont talk" rule while running..
and hey - why should he?
I'm surprised the other guy didnt say "Here, hold this for me , could you?"
and handed him a small refrigerator or something.
too much!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
05-26-2006 10:57 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

hey, jiminy! the thing i like the best about it is that he realized the absurdity of it and knew he'd get a laugh when he told me about it.
05-26-2006 11:00 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
clonliness clonliness is a male
Mind Peach

images/avatars/avatar-105.jpg

Registration Date: 04-06-2006
Location: He's a real nowhere man, living in his nowhere land, making all his nowhere plans for nobody.

I had a buddy in junior high wrestling who would talk to people in attendence while he was pinning his opponent. I guess that's not quite as nice as Tim's anecdote. (But hey at least it's topical).

"Has anyone ever noticed that my name is mis-spelled"?
-cloneliness
05-26-2006 11:01 clonliness is offline Search for Posts by clonliness Add clonliness to your Buddy List
Jerry Davison Jerry Davison is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-30-2005

Morning, Mr. Chandler, sir!
05-26-2006 11:03 Jerry Davison is offline Send an Email to Jerry Davison Search for Posts by Jerry Davison Add Jerry Davison to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Jerry Davison: Davie Bluff
Daniel Amos

hey. Jerry! how are ya?

howdy clonliness! (that is a good story!)
05-26-2006 11:13 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
clonliness clonliness is a male
Mind Peach

images/avatars/avatar-105.jpg

Registration Date: 04-06-2006
Location: He's a real nowhere man, living in his nowhere land, making all his nowhere plans for nobody.

Back atcha Tim!

"Has anyone ever noticed that my name is mis-spelled"?
-cloneliness
05-26-2006 11:19 clonliness is offline Search for Posts by clonliness Add clonliness to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

tim
did you see the thread where we are trying a LD/Choir AA Tribute?

What if you put something on it..woudl it be a tribute?-
can one do a tribute to themself?

Cmon - it would be a first....

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
05-26-2006 11:20 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

when i was a teenager, i played baseball and i was a pitcher. several times, when i was out on the mound and in the middle of a game, i wondered what people would do if, completely without explanation, i just turned around and threw the ball over the fence and then just stood there.

i had that urge more than once.
05-26-2006 11:23 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

jiminy, i should do a song off of Dan Michaels solo record.
05-26-2006 11:25 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

i gotta run out for a bit folks, but i'll be back this afternoon if anyone wants to chat.
05-26-2006 11:26 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

HURRY BACK.........we'll miss you Smile

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

05-26-2006 11:48 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Dead serious Tim...you should go ahead and cover something from "Reveal." That would be amazing. Big Grin
05-26-2006 11:52 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

hey Woggy and Eis.
05-26-2006 12:42 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
uvulapie uvulapie is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 09-09-2003

tributes Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Howdy all!

A few years back I inherited The Choir tribute project... I got about six songs submitted over eighteen months before I got tired of harrassing people, plus making all those threatening phone calls at two in the morning was getting expensive. But if this gets off the ground I'd be happy to send the completed tracks to whoever needs them. I especially liked the version of Leprechaun.
05-26-2006 12:45 uvulapie is offline Send an Email to uvulapie Homepage of uvulapie Search for Posts by uvulapie Add uvulapie to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of uvulapie: uvulapie
Daniel Amos

howdy jason!
05-26-2006 12:46 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
uvulapie uvulapie is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 09-09-2003

I've never stood on a pitchers mound but often during long work meetings I get the urge to stand on the table and sing "Radar Love". I keep forgetting the words to the second verse and get laughed out, only to be replaced with Nathan from Marketing who wows the crowd with various Kiss tunes... always the warmup act, never the headliner.
05-26-2006 12:51 uvulapie is offline Send an Email to uvulapie Homepage of uvulapie Search for Posts by uvulapie Add uvulapie to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of uvulapie: uvulapie
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » friday

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH