Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Why did it take my ears this long? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Why did it take my ears this long?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bigdork.2
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 11-22-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by .backs.
now what have i done?

what haven't you done?

07-21-2006 15:44 bigdork.2 is offline Send an Email to bigdork.2 Search for Posts by bigdork.2 Add bigdork.2 to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by bigdork.ORG
quote:
now what have i done?

what haven't you done?

Buurnnnn! Tongue

What haven't I done for that matter! Wink

07-21-2006 15:44 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

no?

07-21-2006 15:45 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Mind Peach

images/avatars/avatar-341.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2006

Thread Starter Thread Started by Zudrak

I remember holding the demo at the store where I worked part-time for two years. I loved the cover. I wanted to like the album just because I found the cover so intriguing. Well, after vacation (and its subsequent "Freeze all assets until we rebound" grace period), I will look at increasing my DA CD library.

-Psalm 73:26
07-21-2006 15:59 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

RE: Why did it take my ears this long? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:
Originally posted by Zudrak
... *sigh* I had money back then! Big Grin

Man, we're getting there real quick too. Frown

MF, you could at least tell him who we is lest he thinks you have a turd in your pocket..... Roll Eyes

Tongue

MF and I are maritally related and have 3 kids together! Pleased

btw, welcome Zudrak! I saw your posts on the Dogs board ~ may have even commented on them (actually I think I did) but I've slept since then. Tongue

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
07-21-2006 16:11 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

That isn't a turd in his pocket?

07-21-2006 16:14 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
Howdie Z-
why yes- I think youve been struck by what we call
-*All things Terry*-

ditto what Cricket said!

It took me a while too. When MF got LRRH, I couldn't stand the Dogs. Part of it was that I was into CCM and thought that anything not CCM was not Christian and therefore I couldn't partake of that music. I told MF they looked like a bunch of hoodlums.

Long story short ~ or I'll try to be short. MF bought Acoustic Worship 2: We Bow Down that Derri co-produced. He got it in a bargain bin at the Christian store. He brought it home, popped it in the CD player and went to take a shower. I got out the liner notes and began reading. "Great lyrics, beautiful worship music, great voice...........Derald Daugherty? where have I heard that name? Oh, I'm gonna get him....." were my exact thoughts. I ran into the bathroom and yelled, "You dirty dog!" Well, a few weeks later the Dogs came to Charlotte, which was a 2 hour drive. MF wanted to go and I told him that would be fine if he had some people to go with (it was in a bar Shocked ). One by one the guys cancelled until 2 days before the concert, the last guy bailed. I *had* to go. Never mind that by this time I was at least a little intrigued and kinda wanted to go. We sat down and Derri came out ~ instant fan!!! Yeah, I fell in love with his voice, bought his "A Few Unfinished Songs" as well as a few other CDs and had some of them signed by the guys. They were so warm and welcoming to the fans. My CCM induced judgment was instantly erased as I became struck by *All Things Terry*.

MF then bought a few other discs by the guys and we began to build our collection. Now I buy them and claim them before MF gets a chance to. I told our daughter that she needed to not mess with "my CD" and she said, "Mama, that's not just yours. It's all of ours." Sure maybe the CD is, but the autographs aren't. Tongue

Smile
07-21-2006 16:21 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
That isn't a turd in his pocket?

No, it's a banana! Shocked Red Face Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
07-24-2006 11:28 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

quote:
i would agree

It took me a long time to warm up musically to the first two songs, but some of my favs are on there (hole in the world, buffalo hills, etc)

The first two songs are the best! Tongue

07-24-2006 12:57 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Mind Peach

images/avatars/avatar-341.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2006

Thread Starter Thread Started by Zudrak
RE: Why did it take my ears this long? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by bereal
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:
... *sigh* I had money back then! Big Grin

Man, we're getting there real quick too. Frown

MF, you could at least tell him who we is lest he thinks you have a turd in your pocket..... Roll Eyes
...MF and I are maritally related and have 3 kids together! Pleased

Ah, got it. Smile I am planning a vacation to Toronto (we're leaving Saturday, 7/29). After that, I plan on trying to acquire some more DA and the elusive 7&7 Is: More Miserable... If ever that money tree I planted sprouts, I will be in good shape. Something tells me I am more likely to reap as much as the "1 talent man" in Jesus' parable. Roll Eyes

quote:
btw, welcome Zudrak! I saw your posts on the Dogs board ~ may have even commented on them (actually I think I did) but I've slept since then. Tongue

I saw the comment, but I couldn't think of anything to add. Smile I really like the Choir, too, but the 7's are my first fave. I can still blast "Speckled Bird" on my speakers, though. I just love that song. Funny -- my wife is sort of "blah" on The Choir, but Derri's writing always makes me think of her on that album.

Terry's writing is such that now I will have to hunt down his CD's until I have them all. It's an old-fashioned flaw I have that started when I began collecting Genesis cassettes when I worked at the mall in the 80's. If I like a band, I try to get their whole catalogue.

That reminds me -- time to put on Bibleland again.

-Psalm 73:26
07-24-2006 14:13 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:

I saw the comment, but I couldn't think of anything to add. Smile I really like the Choir, too, but the 7's are my first fave. I can still blast "Speckled Bird" on my speakers, though. I just love that song. Funny -- my wife is sort of "blah" on The Choir, but Derri's writing always makes me think of her on that album.

Terry's writing is such that now I will have to hunt down his CD's until I have them all. It's an old-fashioned flaw I have that started when I began collecting Genesis cassettes when I worked at the mall in the 80's. If I like a band, I try to get their whole catalogue.

Give your wife time ~ or try to get her to a concert sometime and she'll change her mind about Derri and the Choir. (you might even eventually tell her that you want to punch him in the nose when she talks about him too much ~ a comment uttered by MF on occasion ~ of course, I think he was joking) Seriously, I was very blah on The Choir until I saw Derri in concert that first time. After that, I started to listen to more of The Choir's music. We only had Love Songs & Prayers until we bought the boxed set. The more I listened, the more I realized that I liked them. We drove 5 1/2 hours (one way) to attend their CD release party when they released O, How the Mighty Have Fallen ~ great CD! We also drove 4 hours one way to see Terry and Mike on the BBQ tour simply because Derri was going to be at that particular show (he didn't go on that tour with them but made a few appearances). Of course, we drove the same distance once to see Mike Roe & Mark Harmon on the Fun With Sound tour. Great times! Pleased Cool

Smile
07-25-2006 22:34 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Why did it take my ears this long?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH