Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Why did it take my ears this long? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Why did it take my ears this long?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Mind Peach

images/avatars/avatar-341.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2006

Why did it take my ears this long? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Heh. I got into the Lost Dogs via a commercial on CCM-TV for "Little Red Riding Hood" circa 1993. My search for the Dogs' four bands on CD was slow, but soon I got Drowning with Land in Sight (77s) the next year, as well as The Choir's "Speckled Bird" and DA's "Bibleland". New to "alternative" music, I dug right into the 77's and slowly dug into The Choir. (I couldn't find Adam Again CD's at the time, and was not able to get some until this spring.) I listened to Bibleland a couple of times and shelved it, as I didn't get it.

Now, I love the Dogs' stuff and I got to see their show Sunday night in Voorhees, NJ. So, this week whilst listening to some discs I picked up at the concert (see the 77s boards for sundry posts in that regard), I decided to take Bibleland for another spin.

I love it. Now, I know my music tastes have changed in the last few years. For example, I could not stand Pink Floyd (except for the "Momentary Lapse of Reason" CD). Then, sometime in 2000 or so, something clicked and I like them now.

Is it possible that the Lost Dogs, The Choir, Adam Again (who I regret not getting into sooner), Mike Roe, and The 77's (especially the Crows and Direct CD's) have led me to be more accepting of DA?

-Psalm 73:26
07-21-2006 14:13 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
bigdork.2
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 11-22-2004

RE: Why did it take my ears this long? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Zudrak

Is it possible that the Lost Dogs, The Choir, Adam Again (who I regret not getting into sooner), Mike Roe, and The 77's (especially the Crows and Direct CD's) have led me to be more accepting of DA?

or maybe it was the other way around?

hmmmmm

Good to see you here Zud!

07-21-2006 14:18 bigdork.2 is offline Send an Email to bigdork.2 Search for Posts by bigdork.2 Add bigdork.2 to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Howdie Z-
why yes- I think youve been struck by what we call
-*All things Terry*-

there are a number of things that I wrinkled my nose at concerning all the forementioned, but dang- in time it begins to get a hold of you.

there be the day when I thought anything like the Dogs "Country" would make me shudder..though I liked Shotgun Angel from the gate way back when (1980?? oh boy!)..

It could be your maturing self too..but I think not-

its just that you realize the boys and their bands!
thanks for the post!- stick around.
Ill migrate to the 7s board to check out yer comments.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-21-2006 14:20 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Welcome!

What's your favorite song on Bibleland?

07-21-2006 14:22 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Mind Peach

Thread Starter Thread Started by Zudrak

Thanks, Jiminy. I can't for the life of me think why I did not like them, but better late than never sure rings true in this instance. That's one more band I would try seeing in concert should a tour come near Philly, PA (as I live right across the river in NJ).

My only regret of the concert was that my camera person (AKA sister) was able to get pics of me with Mike Roe and with Derri Daugherty and Steve Hindalong together, but not able to get a picture with Terry. He did sign my Bibleland and Little Red Riding Hood CD liners, though. Cool

07-21-2006 14:24 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Its sometimes an aquired taste, once you aquire it you can grow to love that unique thread that runs though all of their music no matter what style they are playing.

Jiminy...Shotgun Angel....1977...heh

07-21-2006 14:28 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Welcome!

Cool stories and glad you could make it to a Dogs show.

I must admit I too heard the Dogs first (Scenic Routes). It did take me a little while to get into DA, but I do really love them now.

Adam Again and 77s did appeal more to my base musical tastes, but it took awhile to start getting more of their stuff for a lot of life reasons that tend to get a bit complicated.

I did get Motor Cycle and Dig pretty soon after Scenic Routes or Little Red Riding Hood and got The Choir's Love Songs and Prayers compilation pretty soon after that, I think.

I really regret not being able to get a DA Alarma Chronicles box set. I think by the time I heard about them they were gone and they go over $100 on ebay now.

We did get a Choir box set though. Cool

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
07-21-2006 14:30 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Mind Peach

quote:
Originally posted by .backs.
Welcome!

The title track. It's a fun rock'n'roll tune. Having just reintroduced myself to the album, my pick is subject to change. I'll get more time this weekend to really dig into it.

The chorus is one of those that you can hum while working, too. Let that be a warning (albeit 12 years late)! Big Grin

07-21-2006 14:42 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Mind Peach

RE: Why did it take my ears this long? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by bigdork.ORG
quote:

or maybe it was the other way around?

hmmmmm

Good to see you here Zud!

Somehow I missed yer post. Roll Eyes I had a senior moment.

Thanks, bd! Perhaps that's what it was... DA put a small seedling in my brain that germinated until I came full circle and back to DA. I remember listening to a demo of Motorcycle and not being impressed. I wonder if that would be the case today. I'd probably like it today. *sigh* I had money back then! Big Grin

07-21-2006 14:49 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

quote:
quote:
Welcome!

The title track. It's a fun rock'n'roll tune. Having just reintroduced myself to the album, my pick is subject to change. I'll get more time this weekend to really dig into it.

The chorus is one of those that you can hum while working, too. Let that be a warning (albeit 12 years late)! Big Grin

That is a good choice, but i am partial to any song that recognizes Debbie Boone.

07-21-2006 14:51 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
... *sigh* I had money back then! Big Grin

Man, we're getting there real quick too. Frown

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
07-21-2006 14:53 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

zud

I think you would like Motorcycle now.

its one of my favorite DA recordings..perhaps my very favorite.

(I'm fickle..but its ALWAYS right up there.....)

07-21-2006 15:01 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

i would agree

It took me a long time to warm up musically to the first two songs, but some of my favs are on there (hole in the world, buffalo hills, etc)

07-21-2006 15:17 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

I'm partial to the closing "suite"

07-21-2006 15:27 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

that too

07-21-2006 15:28 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
bigdork.2
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 11-22-2004

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
zud

changes year to year but Motocycle is always in my top 3 or 4 DA recordings!

07-21-2006 15:35 bigdork.2 is offline Send an Email to bigdork.2 Search for Posts by bigdork.2 Add bigdork.2 to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Confused
quote:
Welcome!

Shocked Smartass? Confused

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 07-21-2006 15:42.

07-21-2006 15:40 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by bigdork.ORG
quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
zud

changes year to year but Motocycle is always in my top 3 or 4 DA recordings!

I like the Beatles/XTC quality that disc has. Good stuff! Pleased
It's one of those records that are best heard in the car!Cool
It's a CD for a good road tripPleased

07-21-2006 15:42 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

now what have i done?

07-21-2006 15:42 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
now what have i done?

are you knocking Bibleland? Confused

07-21-2006 15:43 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Why did it take my ears this long?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH