Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » ??? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page ???
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

as i get older, a strange thing has been happening. (ok, a LOT of strange things happen as you get older.) lately, i've become completely obsessed (more so than usual) with certain musical things. currently, i can't stop listening to Carl Wilson. i'll play "Darlin'" or "God only knows" 5 or 6 times in a row.

What's wrong with me? do i need help?

please tell me i'm not headed for some berger-like existence. please tell me i'm not going to become obsessed for three years with the bass player in the Vapors and wake up on a dirt mound in Lubbock Texas. please?

would someone mind flying out here and holding my hand? i'm feeling a little fragile right now.
07-27-2006 10:40 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

Registration Date: 02-14-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

WHAT???!!! I PSDNFVAUNBEF AEANENAREN AIBAFB /.WRHA/LSKDVNAVANV;'OWERVO;'RHGLIAEFR;O' GAH'EWRGJOEIRUGQ98RGY9P8ERHGQ;RH111111111 11111111111111111111111111111111111111111 111111111111111111111111111111111111111 11111LSDFVNEFKVEFKNVEGOIAUERGKIJUAEFJKNV;' IOAEVNVLERKJNALEJNFVA/'KLERG!!!!!!!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Berger Roy Al: 07-27-2006 10:45.

07-27-2006 10:43 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
gator77da gator77da is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

images/avatars/avatar-342.gif

Registration Date: 01-15-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think you are both wacked big time.

07-27-2006 10:44 gator77da is offline Send an Email to gator77da Search for Posts by gator77da Add gator77da to your Buddy List
NonProphet NonProphet is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

Re: ??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Do what I do. Have a shot of Windex and listen to side one of Rush's "2112" until you see a big red star appear on your wall. Usually does it for me.

Steve

07-27-2006 10:45 NonProphet is offline Send an Email to NonProphet Homepage of NonProphet Search for Posts by NonProphet Add NonProphet to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

BEST i CAN OFFER- VIA INTERNET!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-27-2006 10:49 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

A Shoulder to Cry On...

I think it is a combination of Nostalgia & being re-affected by powerful Art

07-27-2006 10:58 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

Re: ??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
as i get older, a strange thing has been happening. (ok, a LOT of strange things happen as you get older.) lately, i've become completely obsessed (more so than usual) with certain musical things. currently, i can't stop listening to Carl Wilson. i'll play "Darlin'" or "God only knows" 5 or 6 times in a row.

please tell me i'm not headed for some berger-like existence. please tell me i'm not going to become obsessed for three years with the bass player in the Vapors and wake up on a dirt mound in Lubbock Texas. please?

would someone mind flying out here and holding my hand? i'm feeling a little fragile right now.

i do that, too, tim....and i am younger than you.

in fact, 'god only knows' is one i listen to over and over.

Big Grin

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

07-27-2006 11:01 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

by the way......that doesn't mean you're not losing it......it just means i am too Shocked

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

07-27-2006 11:02 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

Thread Starter Thread Started by tchandler

although i'm joking about this, it really is real, and i can honestly say that it's not a matter of nostalgia at all. it's truly and honestly as if i'm hearing the damb song for the first time!
07-27-2006 11:02 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

TIM

I think I know of which you speak -

sometimes I get gripped when THINKING about a song..and when I dig it out and put it on, it has the quality of some kind of roadmap.....
or it sounds like its falling on my ears differently than in all the other times (multitude!) of times I've played it.

-there - I made about as much sense as you..!

I think its not nostalgia necessarily- its a bit more like harmonium with the power of communicating something..

oh well- that sounds like crap-but I know what I meant....

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-27-2006 11:08 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

Thread Starter Thread Started by tchandler

jiminy -- i know what you mean, too. it's a very strange phenomenon.
07-27-2006 11:11 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

quote:
although i'm joking about this, it really is real, and i can honestly say that it's not a matter of nostalgia at all. it's truly and honestly as if i'm hearing the damb song for the first time!

Put on some Neal Morse ............... that should get your mind off it.

07-27-2006 11:45 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Everytime I hear Mike Knott I think about vacuuming

07-27-2006 12:24 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

I've had similar experience that I attribute to finally connecting with where the songwriter was at when they wrote the song. I can listen to a song a million times and recognise its a good song about whatever. Then I go through a certain situation in life where maybe suddenly that song or music takes on a stronger meaning. Maybe that experience or a culmination of life experiences puts you closer to where the songwriter was when they expressed the feeling or emotion they were expressing through the song.

07-27-2006 12:29 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
I've had similar experience that I attribute to finally connecting with where the songwriter was at when they wrote the song. I can listen to a song a million times and recognise its a good song about whatever. Then I go through a certain situation in life where maybe suddenly that song or music takes on a stronger meaning. Maybe that experience or a culmination of life experiences puts you closer to where the songwriter was when they expressed the feeling or emotion they were expressing through the song.

Did you try listening to Neal Morse during this incident?

I really believe it could work

07-27-2006 13:05 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

what incident?

07-27-2006 13:17 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
what incident?

the experience incident..... connecting with songwriters in a deja vu kinda mental weirdness

maybe?

Morse?

no?

07-27-2006 13:20 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:

Do you burst into tears when you do that? Confused

I do when I play certain songs like that. Frown

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 07-27-2006 14:28.

07-27-2006 14:27 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

quote:

would love to help ya out, Tim.............

but you're entering the repetition years - yes, it's a real phenom, and there's little you can do but sit back and enjoy it.

God only knows what I'd be without you......................

GREAT song to be obsessed over, though Smile Smile

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

07-27-2006 14:49 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
TattooBob TattooBob is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2003

I have songs like that too. I think for me it's because it takes me back to a certain point in my life or whatever that seems to have been an important time frame and I just soak it up. Don't freak about it - relish it then put ketchup and mustard on it and eat it!

BOBD

07-27-2006 16:37 TattooBob is offline Send an Email to TattooBob Search for Posts by TattooBob Add TattooBob to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » ???

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH