Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Dfbb » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Dfbb
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jamespop jamespop is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Wow Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What started out as insight inot one of the greatest albums of all time has now become a series of comments on lunch preferences.

BTW - Chicken salad ROCKS!

Hey Tim! I've been meaning to ask - Is that your evil twin (i.e. Berger) as the auto mechanic on the Tennessee Lottery commercials? The resemblance is uncanny and the take he does in the spot makes me wax nostolgic for the "Snowball" video off of S&P.
10-11-2006 13:05 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by tchandler
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hey, jamespop! i haven't seen that commercial. i'll look for it. it could very well be berger!

and do you live in TN?
10-11-2006 13:08 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, Knoxville. Home of the Vols. (I'm sorry that's a required statement for any outgoing e-mails or they'll revoke my residence priviliges.)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jamespop: 10-11-2006 13:16.

10-11-2006 13:14 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

man, i know what you mean. i've seen many cars here in nashville painted like a vols football helmet.
10-11-2006 13:18 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

You should try being around here on game days. Better make sure you have a clean orange shirt to wear or you're getting weird looks on the street and overcharged at the restaurants.

One guy at works has a bright orange pair of polyesther pants that he wore on our office's "spirit" day. I could never be a fan like that.

Unless it was for DA Wink

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jamespop: 10-11-2006 13:24.

10-11-2006 13:23 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin
hmmmmmmm......bob's big boy!

now, i am hungry.

oh, "hi" tim.

i used to go to the one on baldwin in arcadia all the time... i bet i saw wes or bax there before i knew them? Shocked
i found one in downtown l.a. still in existence about 5 years ago...
it was good... Pleased

Cool
10-11-2006 13:31 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

cool story tim! Cool

DFBB is an awesome album (well, cassette for me Crying ) .

I know I'm weird, but my favorite song on there is Divine Instant. Any memories on that one?

maybe I missed ya by now? Frown

any news of any impending plans to record anything?

I usually eat sardines or peanut butter sandwiches for lunch, along with either a banana or an apple. Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mountain Fan: 10-11-2006 14:06.

10-11-2006 14:06 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

what's a VOL?

must be a local thing.......................

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

10-11-2006 14:22 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Daniel Amos

hey there MF! man, i don't remember how divine instant started. i'll have to talk to Greg about some of this. he may remember certain details that i don't
10-11-2006 14:23 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
hey there MF! man, i don't remember how divine instant started. i'll have to talk to Greg about some of this. he may remember certain details that i don't

thanx! Pleased Happy

I usually like better what the average person would consider to be a more obscure tune. Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

10-11-2006 14:25 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

Woggy, a VOL is a volunteer, TN is the volunteer state, whatever that means.
10-11-2006 14:27 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

MF, that's a pretty obsure tune!
10-11-2006 14:28 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:

thanx! Pleased Happy

I usually like better what the average person would consider to be a more obscure tune. Big Grin

well, that goes without saying, mf........... Wink

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
10-11-2006 14:28 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
MF, that's a pretty obsure tune!

besides the lyrics, I really like how the different sections of the song have different guitar sounds and tempos Pleased

It bears posting the lyrics:

=====

Divine Instant
from the album "Darn Floor - Big Bite"
Words and Music by Terry Taylor, Tim Chandler, and Greg Flesch
©1987 Broken Songs (ASCAP)

Where there are no things, there is no time
I see space existing only where there are things

But we find ourselves here, It's the right time for love
In this divine instant we are time standing still

Had nothing past there would be no past time
Had nothing existed there would be no future

Yes, we found ourselves there, felt enduring desire
In that divine instant we heard eternity whisper

I hear the clock on the wall, I see the skull beneath the skin

We find ourselves here, It's the right time for love

Can't fight this will to live and love
To always need you, die in your arms

Yes, we found ourselves there, felt enduring desire
In that divine instant we heard eternity whisper

Yes, we find ourselves here, It's the right time for love

We are time standing still...

We are time standing still...

Got a few miles left ...

10-11-2006 14:35 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

quote:

I always thought it was a reference to the "Tennessee volunteers" that fought at the Alamo. It may be a general reference to all military volunteers. Supposedly TN supplies a lot of military personnel. I guess getting shot at beats staying at home.
10-11-2006 15:11 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by jamespop
quote:

I always thought it was a reference to the "Tennessee volunteers" that fought at the Alamo. It may be a general reference to all military volunteers. Supposedly TN supplies a lot of military personnel. I guess getting shot at beats staying at home.

Why can't Al Gore get this and go volunteer for something more meaningful?! Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

10-11-2006 15:17 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
hey, Ron!

holding back? seriously, ask me anythingSmile

Touchy, I think that proves it!!

Okay, really, there has to be some serious bathroom humour that took place or a story about someone being absolutely incompetent or suggesting something that everyone else had to roll their eyes at behind their back during the recording, come on, offer dirt on someone...

okay now I'm stirring up trouble among brothers, I think I'm working for Shatan. Sorry.

10-11-2006 16:57 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

What was the address of Greg's apartment, Tim?

10-11-2006 17:52 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by .backs.
What was the address of Greg's apartment, Tim?

I can tell you... I'll send you a pm. Pleased
10-11-2006 18:43 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Enough of your vile lies, wretch!

10-11-2006 20:13 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Dfbb

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH