Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Setting up a profile » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Setting up a profile
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

Setting up a profile Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

How do I set up my profile? I keep getting error messages. Am I doing something wrong? Are there still some bugs in the system? I keep getting "Invalid Input"
03-14-2002 13:26 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I don't think they have it all turned on yet

BD

03-14-2002 13:38 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I already replied to this once, and it didn't show up.

Meanwhile, I kept getting errors also, and finally I figured out that I had too much text in the "your favorite text here" box. It seems you can't have more than about 10 words in there (and here I was trying to write my magnum opus!)

No, really, I guess they want white space (read, "grey") on everyone's profile.

Cheers!
Gus

P.S. The email address doesn't work though, because Confused mine was in there twice and it still doesn't show up in profile.

Ugh.

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

03-16-2002 13:04 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Email etc. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well if the email address does not show up in your
profile... Click on Profile Button, and then on
Edit Options Button... there you can select
if you want your email address hidden or not.

But, if you click the email button below someone's
post...it has the correct email, even if hidden.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
03-16-2002 14:03 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

signature? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, I finally got a profile made, but I can't seem to make a signature....

gee, and they call me computer-savy. Big Grin

For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava

03-18-2002 11:39 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Just trying this out Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just trying this out to see how it works. I still need to read all the directions. Hopefully I did this right.

03-18-2002 12:50 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I did it! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey, I did it!

03-18-2002 12:51 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Waldo Waldo is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Boy You Texans is Smart Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm beginning to like this new board!

Waldo
03-18-2002 13:02 Waldo is offline Send an Email to Waldo Search for Posts by Waldo Add Waldo to your Buddy List
Administrator

Texas Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Don't mess with Texas.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
03-18-2002 13:52 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

when should we.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

pull the plug on the old board- I REALLY don't like lookin at two- and that would FORCE us on using this board.
just do it!!!!!
JImIny CriCket
03-18-2002 14:13 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

i agree Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jc
pull the plug on the old board- I REALLY don't like lookin at two- and that would FORCE us on using this board.
just do it!!!!!
JImIny CriCket

I agree jc - it's hard paying attention to two boards at once...

Are there any hold outs for "the old board only"?

~gus~

For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava

03-18-2002 14:26 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Administrator

The Old Board Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I changed the link from DAnielAmos.com to go to this board now... so, most people should be coming here. I figure I'll put something on the old board telling people to update their bppkmarks, just in case some people have the board itself bookmarked or something.

03-18-2002 18:59 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

but I still can't get the....to save my changes.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

-my profile edit page won't let me fill in all the blanks!

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
03-18-2002 19:01 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

-well it let's me, it just won't let me save 'em... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

any suggestions? is there a faq section?

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
03-18-2002 19:02 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
Administrator

hmmm Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

When you goto edit profile are your changes still
there but when you click to see your profile they
are blank?

There is a setting in options for letting others
see the info on your profile or if it's hidden.
Like the email address.

There also is a FAQ section up at the top of the board.

jason t

03-19-2002 08:51 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

SO Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori

I changed the link from DAnielAmos.com to go to this board now... so, most people should be coming here. I figure I'll put something on the old board telling people to update their bppkmarks, just in case some people have the board itself bookmarked or something.

This is what happens when I miss a day around here.

03-19-2002 09:33 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

I remember Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

BD-
I worked at a place where the "manager" actually measured a guys desk during lunch- to move it out of his office when he came back (after telling him to hit the bricks)
That "manager" was later fired, and showed up in MY office at a different job, selling something.
Needless to say- I did the Christan thing and shrugged him as best I could!
Just seeing him come in the door with a little briefcase and a calling card was actually enough.
Moral of the story?- eat your lunch at yer desk!
JiMIny
03-19-2002 10:09 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Don't mess with Texas.

Listen to audiori

01-24-2003 14:13 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Setting up a profile

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH