Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Just ONE stupid line please! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Just ONE stupid line please!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Jim Muglia
unregistered
Just ONE stupid line please! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Greetings,

OK, just ONE stupid line from one song, please, that has always bugged ya.
My pick:

"Sittin' on the sofa with a sister or two."
-The Beatles from "Lovely Rita"

That is unquestionably THEE stuuuupidist line in the history of music IMHO. Such a great song; such a horrible line. A non-sensical line like that doesn't fit such an otherwise great song.

What do you think is THEE stuuuuuupidist line that anyone ever threw into a song?

Take care,
Jim

09-05-2002 17:42
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

A song from the karate kid 2 soundtrack

If I knew back then
All the things I know today
Baby, I wouldn't change a moment
'Cause I learned so much from my mistakes"

Really bad logic at play here. Yikes. I can't believe someone actually wrote this....

09-05-2002 17:44 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Thatan, bite the dutht!"

Wink

Sorry, just couldn't help myself...
09-05-2002 18:59 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Good one.

09-05-2002 19:00 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

And shouldn't this be on the off-topic side?
09-05-2002 19:00 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Yes. I think people don't often realize where they are. Maybe it's because they drank too much bathtub gin.

09-05-2002 19:01 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
Yes. I think people don't often realize where they are. Maybe it's because they drank too much bathtub gin.

Wha??? (hic) Pleased

09-05-2002 19:08 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Mark Mark is a male

OK I heard that your bathtub was now nearly empty. You've been drinking it again, haven't you?

09-05-2002 19:12 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
OK I heard that your bathtub was now nearly empty. You've been drinking it again, haven't you?

Check my location.... yep... Crying

09-05-2002 19:13 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Mark Mark is a male

Cool location

09-05-2002 19:14 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Jim Muglia
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Gamgee
And shouldn't this be on the off-topic side?

Speaking of "off topic", uh, would some of y'all like to stick with the topic of the post: What's a cruddy lline in a song that drives you nuts cuz its so stupid?

Thank you, thank you very much. Wink
Jim
09-05-2002 21:48
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Okay, here's a line (from a good song, too) that makes Grammargee cringe. See if you can guess why. It's from the song "Giving It over" on the latest Newsboys album:

"Greed is the word, it's a verb / wants to bind us all."

The amazing thing is, that pathetic line was actually written by the brilliant Steve Taylor...
09-05-2002 22:11 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

"I always wanted a shirt like Mark wore", but at least they knew it was just filler.

09-05-2002 22:27 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

D&K Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Sun Hot - Snow Cold
Knife Sharp - Spoon Dull
Socks Stink - Flowers Don't"

(The original song, not the Eddies...)

09-06-2002 07:40 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
jc
Luteous Llama

HMMM Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I mthink
Sitting on the sofa with a sister or two
is a good line-
its conatation (to me)is he likes the girl-
but can't get alone with her.

I also like
"I always wanted a shirt like Mark Wore
The double button type rifleman shirt was very cool when I was growing up
Anyway-WORST LYRIC
goes to 2nd Chapter of Acts-
Singer Sower Record (can't remember what song)

"Satan knows well
that he has fell"
Peeewwwhhhhh!
JiMIny
09-06-2002 08:03 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Yikes! That is really bad - Second Chapter of Acts gets the crown....

09-06-2002 10:00 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

pull out the red pen Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

that has a MAJOR
grammatical error
(or is it grammerical Adder?)
Heh-
JiMiNy
09-06-2002 10:03 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

I dunno.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Greed is the word, it's a verb / wants to bind us all."

The amazing thing is, that pathetic line was actually written by the brilliant Steve Taylor...

Sounds like the missing link between TST & the Tuxedo Clad Megastar (aka "the Don Henley of CCM") to ME... Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
09-06-2002 10:26 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

How's this for lame: "I never dreamed that I could be holding you, well it's making my dreams come true". By 4-Him.

09-06-2002 10:47 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

All Time Stupidest Song Line.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Kool & The Gang
"Cherish"

I often pray before I lay down by your side
If you receive your calling before I awake
Could I make it through the night

okay, so if she dies, is he gonna lay by that dead body...........makin' it through the night?

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

09-06-2002 11:11 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Just ONE stupid line please!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH