Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Daniel Amos - Horrendous Disc Deluxe » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (16): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Daniel Amos - Horrendous Disc Deluxe 16 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0016 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0016 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0016 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0016 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mindgasket mindgasket is a male
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2003
Location: Just because we're hypnotized that don't mean we can't dance!

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Audiori's: The Kickstarter campaign doesn't say, but I assume the vinyl will be gatefold like the original(?), and I'm hopeful that all of those horrendous discs will be 180gm...?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mindgasket: 03-05-2017 08:10.

03-05-2017 08:10 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Vinyl will be gatefold I'm sure because it'll be two records this time. Other details are still coming together.... the original goal was really the bare minimum and we probably would have had to put in some money of our own to do everything. Now that we're moving above that goal a ways, we can start to breathe a little and see what we can do.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
03-05-2017 22:13 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

Kickstarter down?

Error 503 No healthy backends

No healthy backends

Guru Mediation:

Details: cache-lax8640-LAX 1488916913 395896040

Well, duh, DA fans. Wink

03-07-2017 14:09 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
WoaaahJelly! WoaaahJelly! is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-650.jpg

Registration Date: 06-25-2013

oooooooooooooooo

03-08-2017 02:19 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Woolly Eggwhisk

I noticed that a "Mike Stone" liked Jerry's update. Then I found out the real Mike Stone passed in 2002.
Frown

03-08-2017 10:03 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Two different Mike Stones. I believe the Mike Stone you're thinking of was the producer for Asia...not the same guy.
03-08-2017 19:36 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Yeah the Mike Stone that produced HD was associated with the Record Plant;

Record Plant

03-08-2017 20:16 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
Two different Mike Stones. I believe the Mike Stone you're thinking of was the producer for Asia...not the same guy.

*gasp* You mean Wikipedia is in error!?!?

Thanks.

03-08-2017 21:34 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Administrator

Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Where is the wikipedia error?

03-08-2017 23:54 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Stone_(record_producer)

This is the guy DwDunphy was talking about. It lists DA as an artist he's worked with along with Asia, Queen, Foreigner, Journey, Blue Oyster Cult, etc.

03-09-2017 03:37 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
WoaaahJelly! WoaaahJelly! is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-650.jpg

Registration Date: 06-25-2013

Wiki lists 12 Mike Stones.

EDIT- Plus who knows how many common people with the same name.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by WoaaahJelly!: 03-09-2017 03:41.

03-09-2017 03:37 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Administrator

Ahh ok didn't see that at the top of his bio, I looked in the list of albums at the bottom. I removed DA from his bio.

03-09-2017 06:46 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thanks.

03-09-2017 09:58 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Administrator

If you look at the wikipedia page for the Record Plant it lists one of the founders as Chris Stone, Mike Stone of HD fame is his nephew.

03-09-2017 14:12 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Got it.

Before HD, to me Mike Stone was the karate dude that stole Priscilla from Elvis. Elvis wanted to have the guy whacked.

03-09-2017 17:29 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

Welcome, welcome, Jyroflux!

This thread is really bringing out some names from the past! Looks like edited liner notes for the reissue will be a necessity...

www.smashthatcomputer.com
03-10-2017 00:35 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Hey Wayne. Yea I've not been around for a while.

03-10-2017 10:00 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Administrator

I will tell ya... for the first time ever, we are restoring the original album credits and other text that was left out on previous releases.. it's interesting to see some familiar names listed that have never received credit before.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
03-10-2017 12:15 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Can't wait to see who's who in HD land.

Also, only 311 backers? There must be a few thousand folks who would want this.

03-10-2017 18:33 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Administrator

There are. It's just hard to get everyone to jump in early.

03-10-2017 21:06 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Pages (16): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Daniel Amos - Horrendous Disc Deluxe

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH