Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Daniel Amos - Horrendous Disc Deluxe » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (16): « first ... « previous 11 12 [13] 14 15 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Daniel Amos - Horrendous Disc Deluxe 16 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0016 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0016 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0016 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0016 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
WoaaahJelly! WoaaahJelly! is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-650.jpg

Registration Date: 06-25-2013

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool!

08-12-2018 13:23 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night nor ravenous Kiwis stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds."

08-13-2018 09:10 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Shocked Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My Horrendous Book arrived yesterday. It looks great, and it's bigger than I thought it was going to be. Looking forward to sitting down with it soon.
08-21-2018 07:04 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just saw the news that Daniel Amos will own all the rights and materials for Horrendous Disc. That is awesome news, guys! Congratulations!
09-04-2018 14:02 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

Say what? I guess I missed that.

09-06-2018 22:24 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

This is not really a reasonable thought, but it did just pop into my head. Did we have to wait until after Larry had died so this could be done?

09-07-2018 13:22 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

It actually got put on hold a while because of Larry's death, we had started negotiations with him a few years ago.

09-08-2018 19:45 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Do they own the rights on everything now? Not KMG stuff maybe?

09-08-2018 22:08 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

If they own the rights now, you would think they could have improved the reissue from "horrendous" to at least "pretty good."

Tongue

(I'll show myself out...)

09-08-2018 22:42 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by PuP

(I'll show myself out...)

Wink

09-08-2018 22:51 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

They own the rights to the Horrendous era music now. There are some other titles they own the rights to.

09-08-2018 23:12 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

I ordered the book when it was offered to kickstarter contributors after the kickstarter ended. I am just wondering when I can expect it to come. I am waiting with great anticipation. Thanks!

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
09-17-2018 11:34 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

Books are still shipping out - I’ve been sending out a batch every day or two as I can. In some cases, I’m trying to double it up with other items.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-17-2018 14:30 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Read through The Horrendous Book last night. Really great to have all that information gathered in one place. I love the pictures too. Thanks again to all for all the hard work!
10-07-2018 18:10 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

As mentioned before, I only heard Horrendous Disc once before, and the owner of the LP may have been a distractingly cute girl, but upon listening this time I was certain that "Hound of Heaven" was sung by Jerry. I was pretty sure that "Man in the Moon" and "Horrendous Disc" were also Jerry, but "Never Leave You" was Terry.

In short, unless it is a TST solo album, don't believe me regarding who is singing. Maybe not even then.

----------
"Hound of Heaven" = Terry
"Man in the Moon" = Jerry
"Never Leave You" = Mark
"Horrendous Disc" = Jerry
10-15-2018 20:32 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
ftg3plus4 ftg3plus4 is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-622.jpg

Registration Date: 04-15-2005

quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Brown
"Hound of Heaven" = Terry
"Man in the Moon" = Jerry
"Never Leave You" = Mark
"Horrendous Disc" = Jerry

Slight correction: "Horrendous Disc" is mostly sung by Jerry, but Terry sings the middle part ("The show is over...").

11-05-2018 09:19 ftg3plus4 is online Search for Posts by ftg3plus4 Add ftg3plus4 to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

This points up something I noticed years ago- Jerry and Terry sound alot alike.

11-05-2018 11:22 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Indeed. My first Daniel Amos album was Doppelganger, bought in 1983. It was about 15 years later that I learned Terry did not sing "Little Crosses."
11-05-2018 16:25 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

Ya'll need to tune up your ears. Terry and Jerry sound nothing like each other. Tongue

11-09-2018 15:48 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

What about on "Waking Up Under Water"?

www.smashthatcomputer.com
11-09-2018 15:50 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Pages (16): « first ... « previous 11 12 [13] 14 15 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Daniel Amos - Horrendous Disc Deluxe

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH