Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » Swirling Eddies - the midget, the speck and the molecule » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (17): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Swirling Eddies - the midget, the speck and the molecule 14 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0014 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0014 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0014 Votes - Average Rating: 10.0014 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
TattooBob TattooBob is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by TattooBob
I recently "acquired" a copy of this album and will post my views of it soon! I have given it a good once through and I love it, for starters!

OK here it is:

I like it, If you like the Swirling Eddies at all, you will LOVE this one. Go and order it right now. It is very good. Well written in fairly typical Eddie's style with a more serious twist. Now, go order it. It's good.

BOBD

08-07-2007 14:06 TattooBob is offline Send an Email to TattooBob Search for Posts by TattooBob Add TattooBob to your Buddy List
Aqua Green Toupee Aqua Green Toupee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-19-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

OK -- I have one gripe about the album so far. It's just that its so good that when I'm working out at the Y with my headphones on, I feel compelled to sing along. And I think that people at the Y are going to think I'm strange if I'm there singing, "Take the crank -- give it a yank..."
08-07-2007 14:09 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Big Grin

08-07-2007 14:43 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

It's very good. Kind of weird and trippy with a few rockers thrown in.
Kind of reminds me of Zoom Daddy.

Best thing Terry has done since MBD.

Go buy a copy. Now.

Cool

08-07-2007 17:12 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Chesterdox Chesterdox is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-467.jpg

Registration Date: 09-20-2005

Damb. Gotta get mine.

08-08-2007 09:09 Chesterdox is offline Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

chet-
you will not be disappointed- it has been my constant tunage in the car-
quite loopable

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
08-08-2007 09:12 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Looper friendly
Cool

08-08-2007 09:27 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Chesterdox Chesterdox is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-467.jpg

Registration Date: 09-20-2005

Do you think it's as good as Daddy? Some say it's better... kinda hard to imagine.

08-08-2007 09:31 Chesterdox is offline Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

quote:
Originally posted by Chesterdox
Do you think it's as good as Daddy? Some say it's better... kinda hard to imagine.

I'm not willing to say that...........just yet.
As Andy would say to Barney, "It's mighty fine, Barn. Mmmmmm....mighty fine."
But I hold Zoom Daddy in my Top 5 of all-time.

08-08-2007 09:35 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Phy Phy is a male
Mind Peach

images/avatars/avatar-494.jpg

Registration Date: 02-22-2007

Define 'better'.

I like it very much, at least as much as ZD, but have no way to really rank these things. I like it better than tooth decay and less than Firefly.

08-08-2007 09:40 Phy is offline Send an Email to Phy Homepage of Phy Search for Posts by Phy Add Phy to your Buddy List Add Phy to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Phy: MyriadPhy YIM Account Name of Phy: bio_phy View the MSN Profile for Phy
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

quote:

read my review (cant find where I posted the damb thing..)
I address it.

08-08-2007 09:59 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:

Apples and Oranges. But I think its better. Every song is strong on MS&M.
08-08-2007 11:42 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:

I would not say better, but if you like ZD you will like this.
I don't like to think in terms of better.

They two cds do remind me of each other.

08-08-2007 11:58 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

Ok, let's try this . . .

I finally got midget and it was . . . well, the first two words which come to mind are "pedestrian" and "lacking." Frown Am I just in some kind of funk that has tarnished my perception? Was there too much gushing over the album that when I finally heard it, I was left with "Eh?" I hate to say it, but I'd rank it right down there with DA's Kalhoun -- another album which left me, to say the least, underwhelmed. Frown

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
08-09-2007 01:16 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Scrimshaw Nick
Ok, let's try this . . .

I finally got midget and it was . . . well, the first two words which come to mind are "pedestrian" and "lacking." Frown Am I just in some kind of funk that has tarnished my perception? Was there too much gushing over the album that when I finally heard it, I was left with "Eh?" I hate to say it, but I'd rank it right down there with DA's Kalhoun -- another album which left me, to say the least, underwhelmed. Frown

That was my first reaction as well. Keep listening to it.

And how can you not like Kalhoun?!!!
08-09-2007 07:49 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

hmm - interesting perspective
(I love Kalhoun)-
it may just be a matter of taste is all-

I am trying to be perfectly honest- (as compared to those times I tell little white lies I guess- or am blantantly pulling everyones........leg)

when I saw the MS& M artwork and some of the song titles
I was set for some of the terms you described-
and the previews were good-but set no hook in me or anything.

But - hey please -would someone read my review??? please? please??
(jk)

I had to again (fer once??) be perfectly honest after the first spin- and I wrote my thoughts after bout 5 spins
n the thing has gone bout 7 more since.
I dont listen to a single CD 12 or more times unless it has indeed set its hook deeply

08-09-2007 08:01 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Phy Phy is a male
Mind Peach

images/avatars/avatar-494.jpg

Registration Date: 02-22-2007

The better the TST / DA / SE / LD release, the less I like it at first listen, and the more I appreciate it as it goes along. DFBB almost turned me off of DA for awhile until I came to my senses.

I played MSM for my wife in the car and she actually liked it. She was telling people are work about various things I'd told her about it. That's a first.

And the title cut for Kalhoun freaking rocks. ; )

08-09-2007 09:21 Phy is offline Send an Email to Phy Homepage of Phy Search for Posts by Phy Add Phy to your Buddy List Add Phy to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Phy: MyriadPhy YIM Account Name of Phy: bio_phy View the MSN Profile for Phy
TattooBob TattooBob is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2003

Big Grin

BOBD

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by TattooBob: 08-09-2007 09:56.

08-09-2007 09:56 TattooBob is offline Send an Email to TattooBob Search for Posts by TattooBob Add TattooBob to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Scrimshaw Nick
Ok, let's try this . . .

I must admit I was a little underwhelmed on first listens in the car. However, after cranking it up on the home stereo and on headphones it didn't take me too many more listens to enjoy and appreciate it a lot more, enough that I was comparing to Zoom Daddy and trying to decide which one I liked best.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
08-09-2007 09:58 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by TattooBob

Big Grin

That's how the French tenderize their meat! Tongue Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
08-09-2007 09:59 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Pages (17): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » Swirling Eddies - the midget, the speck and the molecule

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH