Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA songbook » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA songbook 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

DA songbook Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

read this at Phil Keaggy's myspace page, thought I'd throw it out here.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseac...logID=249449064

09-22-2007 21:50 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hmm... very interesting. Might be worth trying out...

So... for those of you that might be interested in a DA or Eddies songbook, which songs would you pick if you had to narrow it down to ten songs per band?

It might be worthwhile to do a "best of" collection first and see how well they do it.. then if it works well, we could always do more later. We might even just start with a single song to see how it goes.

Also - which would you rather have.. the Guitar chord chart (less expensive)? Or the Note for Note guitar tab (more expensive)?

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-22-2007 22:37 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-509.jpg

Registration Date: 03-27-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Guitar chord chart

So it could be used at camp Big Grin DA fireside

09-22-2007 22:49 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
anochria anochria is a male
Dignified Lazar

images/avatars/avatar-529.gif

Registration Date: 05-11-2004

songs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hmmm, a few song suggestions:

If You Want To
Alarma
Joel
Beautiful Martyr
Broken Ladders to Glory
09-22-2007 23:07 anochria is offline Send an Email to anochria Homepage of anochria Search for Posts by anochria Add anochria to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Soon
You lay down (TST)
Only one Bum in Corona Del Mar

09-23-2007 07:32 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

Strange Days
Joel
What a world
Soon
The Shape of air
Sanctuary
Broken Ladders to Glory

09-23-2007 08:06 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

Thread Starter Thread Started by Ron E

If you go cheap, feel free to pass the savings along to the consumerWink
I think any 10 songs would be awesome, within reason, definitely DA/TST or LD's, rather than the "less accessible" SE stuff (no offense meant, I guess I'm just thinking if we're going to be "performing" this, whether for family/friends or an assembling of some kind, the more audience friendly stuff likely makes sense). I don't know how the whole thng would be done, but I sometimes wish that when chords like AGflatminor6th are used that someone would throw in a "picture" so we'd know what that means, I mean, the standard stuff is easy to look up, but otherwise, I'm pretty much mush. Anyone have a good site that interprets those "weird" chord names?

09-23-2007 18:42 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

No SE stuff? I say the book would be incomplete without The Twist and Holy, Holy, Holy.

Some others:
Grace Is The Smell of Rain
Broken Ladders To Glory
You Lay Down
Sanctuary
Joel
My Beautiful Martyr
Walls of Doubt
Ghost of the Heart
Wood Between the Worlds
Writer's Block
One More Time
Light Princess
Hell Oh
A Humble Man Rises
Pyro Sets A Wildfire

09-23-2007 21:21 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

I publish pretty cool chord book on ebay. If any of you guys want a copy, drop me an an email and I'll send it to you gratis. Any fretted instrument, any tuning you like, Right handed or left handed custome made chord book with every possible chord up to the 14th fret. I've got over a hundred, but don't have them all listed.
Here's a weird one.

09-23-2007 22:25 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
any tuning you like

P tuning

09-23-2007 23:37 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Not a list of The Best Daniel Amos Songs Ever, but one's that might work well for this but aren't the most obvious (list of 20 semi-arbitrarily reduced to 10):

Soon
William
Walls of Doubt
She's All Heart
When the Moonlight Sleeps
I Will Return
Grace Is the Smell of Rain
Pregnant Pause
Song of Innocence
Changeless

If only one song by the Swirling Eddies is included:

What a World
09-25-2007 08:51 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

What about a songbook from a particular album? Those are popular but generally sell better when the album is still in production.

09-25-2007 09:07 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
, rather than the "less accessible" SE stuff (

The Swirling Eddies charted! So there! Tongue

09-25-2007 16:00 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve
What about a songbook from a particular album? Those are popular but generally sell better when the album is still in production.

Yeah, I was wondering about that too... could start with Lost Cabin or something like that so the guys could always take it on the road with them if it wasn't a huge seller.

Still deciding how to do it while we're looking into book printers.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-25-2007 17:17 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

Darn Floor Big Bite Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If we did albums I'd like to see an all out song book for Darn Floor Big Bite. Bass/keyboards/guitar solo the works.

09-25-2007 17:41 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Thumb Up! RE: Darn Floor Big Bite Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i can't even read music and i would buy that! Big Grin

Cool
09-25-2007 18:07 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

Thread Starter Thread Started by Ron E

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
[quote]Originally posted by Ron E

The Swirling Eddies charted! So there! Tongue [/quotey
Got me there, where are the good old days!? (that wasn't ccm charts was it? don't tell joey!) I guess I was envisioning church and arthur fhardy not going so well together, but some of these nouveau eddies songs are really probably pretty good ideas.

09-25-2007 19:37 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:

The Swirling Eddies charted! So there! Tongue

Got me there, where are the good old days!? (that wasn't ccm charts was it? don't tell joey!) I guess I was envisioning church and arthur fhardy not going so well together, but some of these nouveau eddies songs are really probably pretty good ideas.

Yeah, "Hide the Beer the pastors here" charted (#1 I think)
on the CCM charts! How funny is that!

Driving in England was the first to chart.

Maybe CCM isn't dead afterall! Tongue

Maybe no! Wink

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 09-26-2007 12:44.

09-26-2007 12:43 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

depends on your definition.............. Tongue

Cool
09-26-2007 13:15 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Disjasked Lerna

How 'bout that audio adrenaline?

09-26-2007 13:19 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA songbook

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH