Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » 'Sup? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 'Sup?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

'Sup? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Now that we've had MSM in our hot little hands for a little while, seems like things have cooled down and quieted down. (Hope BD is back.)

It has been a while since the News page was updated (March). Is there anything you can share in terms of reissues (HD, DFBB...), the future for DA, Dogs, TST?

09-25-2007 12:07 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

Registration Date: 02-14-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes, actually, IIIIIIIII can answer that! They're all headed for H-E-DOUBLE-HOCKEY-STICKS!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGGGGKKCKXXK! Especially that hack Chandler!

Now that he's heard my 'amighty playin', that is to say, now that he's heard me a-playin' mightily on MSM, he'll think twice about ever confronting me again!!!! ggggxck!

09-27-2007 12:25 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

um. what?? good lord, berger put down the lavoris. "a-playin' mightily?" what in the world...
09-27-2007 12:28 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

hey tim!

all quiet on the laptop front....

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
09-27-2007 13:01 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

RE: 'Sup? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe

It has been a while since the News page was updated (March). Is there anything you can share in terms of reissues (HD, DFBB...), the future for DA, Dogs, TST?

Somehow missed this question the other day.

The HD thing is still up in the air, but still happening last we heard. Larry fell silent again, so we're just waiting to get something solid.

There is actually a chance of a Darn Floor reissue interestingly enough.. details are still falling into place, but there is a company that is wanting to help rerelease it - with Stunt's help.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-27-2007 14:19 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

If you do HD, please get Frank Black to do a remake or two of Hound of Heaven. Sandy Patti is pretty popular with the hip crowd -maybe she could a remake of it as well.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by servantsteve: 09-28-2007 08:23.

09-27-2007 14:28 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

I assume all the details are still in the chit-chat phase, but who has control over DFBB at this time and are there any speculative extras that might be assigned to it?

DwD
09-27-2007 17:14 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Ceremonial Kernel

BTW, Steve. Frank Black is Black Francis again, so I highly doubt he'll be in the mood to do anything for us. But the Sex Pistols are reforming. Perhaps they'll take a swing at "Hide The Beer The Pastor's Here"?

DwD
09-27-2007 17:15 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
I assume all the details are still in the chit-chat phase, but who has control over DFBB at this time and are there any speculative extras that might be assigned to it?

DwD

It's actually beyond that for the other company thats involved (the legal/business aspects of it).. on our side, its still in the discussion phase. Any potential extras, etc are part of what is still being discussed and looked into. I'm fairly certain the other company is committed to doing it - but I don't have a time frame for it yet.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-27-2007 17:41 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Last question (for now)... If this other company has rights to DFBB, could I assume they also have rights to the other DA related Frontline/Alarma releases?

It would be insane to see what could come of an "Outdoor Elvis" special edition.
DwD
09-27-2007 18:17 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Administrator

No, at the moment at least, they're only interested in Darn Floor.

Hopefully, something will happen with the other KMG stuff too... all this stuff seems to eventually "break loose" one way or another.

09-27-2007 18:52 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Actually, I recently re-listened to DFBB and I can sort of understand why a company would concentrate on it. First, it has the cache of being the most out-of-print of the OOP DAs.

The second thing is that there's a mini resurgence of that angular guitar-driven new wave happening in the indie rock scene (even though it hasn't helped the new Interpol disc at all). The timing seems appropriate.

Finally, it has aged very well. Aside from a treble-heavy mix (due to the early CD days) the absence of keyboards and tell-tale production tricks has kept it sounding pretty fresh. Much as I love the Alarma Chronicles, you can tell from when they came...

DwD

((P.S. The new Interpol disc just isn't that good, actually))
09-27-2007 19:23 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
snowblind snowblind is a male
Mind Peach

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 01-29-2007

I love DFBB, probably my fave DA disc. I'm one of the lucky ones that has it on CD... Thanks Dr. Shore!
09-27-2007 20:23 snowblind is offline Homepage of snowblind Search for Posts by snowblind Add snowblind to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

I bought it on cassette...now worn out!

While still single, I splashed out $90US for a sealed copy on CD from RadRockers....worth every dollar!

www.smashthatcomputer.com

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by wayneb: 09-28-2007 06:03.

09-28-2007 06:02 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Administrator

From what I understand, the owner of this particular company just happens to be a big fan of Darn Floor. So, he's pushing to do some kind of anniversary edition this year. Hopefully, it'll turn out to be a really nice project that can make everyone proud.. and hopefully, it'll be an arrangement that allows it to stay in print for a while.

09-30-2007 14:27 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Being too lazy to look it up, what year and what anniversary, is this 20 this year?

09-30-2007 14:29 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Administrator

Yup, this is the 20th. Hard to believe isn't it? Doesn't seem that long ago..

09-30-2007 14:49 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

It would be nice if this particular company owner had the same sort of feeling for other lost 80s & 90s ccm. It bothers me that none of the Exit and Brainstorm/Broken releases have a second life out there.

And there are Stonehill recordings that never had a CD release!
DwD
09-30-2007 16:10 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Ceremonial Kernel

And thanks for reminding me of this 20th anniversary. I remember buying that album brand new.

And with that, I'll go take out my teeth and strap on my Depends.
DwD
09-30-2007 16:12 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

Given the accolades for Kalhoun on another thread what are the prospects of a reissue of that album too?

And I have a couple of follow up questions:

Is there an effort to produce an unified catalog of all the past recordings?

What does it cost to remaster an old tape to digital format?

Psalm 119:83
09-30-2007 16:17 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » 'Sup?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH