Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Am I the only one who really, really likes this song? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Am I the only one who really, really likes this song?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Aqua Green Toupee Aqua Green Toupee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-19-2004

Am I the only one who really, really likes this song? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Good words, good melody:

You saw me at the gate of the world
You washed my feet
I knew you at the gate of the world
Gave you something to eat
The gentle waves washed over us
Now here we are
Leaning on our shepherd's staff
And following a star
We would have missed us if we hadn't come this far
I'll love you at the gate of the world
God healed me at the gate of the world
Now I see again
You were lonely at the gate of the world
I am your friend
The pulse of this great dying earth
Is in our ears
And the wrong we've done
The wars we've fought
Bring on the tears
But we'll hold fast the faith and hope
That brought us here
Left us at the gate of the world
The gentle waves washed over us
Now here we are
Leaning on our shepherd's staff
And following a star
We would have missed us if we hadn't come this far
I'll love you at the gate of the world
I dreamt of nations at the gate of the world
Laying down their guns
And peace fell at the gate of the world
On everyone
And high upon a thousand hills
The angels sang
And understanding filled the heart of every man
They knew that they would never pass this way again
We're passing through the gate of the world
10-07-2007 18:40 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

RE: Am I the only one who really, really likes this song? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

No, you're not. Why the complex?

Big Grin
10-07-2007 19:04 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Uh...check out the thread below this one.

Edit: Now it's the thread above this on....but after I post this, it'll be the thread below this one again....ah, screw it. It's the thread titled "It's just a sacred kinda thing". Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by James: 10-07-2007 23:19.

10-07-2007 19:22 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Thread Starter Thread Started by Aqua Green Toupee
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, you see, that thread is about the album Kalhoun, and the title track in particular. I wanted to start a thread just about this song. You see. What do I care -- I might be falling in love.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Aqua Green Toupee: 10-08-2007 13:16.

10-08-2007 13:15 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
James
Mind Peach

quote:
Originally posted by Aqua Green Toupee
Well, you see, that thread is about the album Kalhoun, and the title track in particular.

uuuhm....no, it's not. I should know. I started the ding-dang thread! Wink

I was merely pointing out that I had mentioned how much I love Gate of the World in that thread. Did you even bother to open it?! Mad

Tongue
10-08-2007 22:57 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

You mean did I open the thread or did I open the gate of the world cause I did both.
10-09-2007 05:41 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
James
Mind Peach

quote:
You mean did I open the thread or did I open the gate of the world cause I did both.

Well, I hope you remembered to close the gate behind you. I don't want to be around when you have to explain to God why the Hound of Heaven is missing.
10-09-2007 15:28 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

I thought I felt a draft.
10-09-2007 20:08 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

was it followed by a foul odor? Tongue

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
10-10-2007 09:16 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by James
quote:
Well, you see, that thread is about the album Kalhoun, and the title track in particular.

Please, there's really no need for profanity.
10-10-2007 10:49 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
James
Mind Peach

quote:
quote:
quote:

Please, there's really no need for profanity.

Personally, I've found that there's almost ALWAYS a need for it.

Doohickey darnit heck!
10-10-2007 12:09 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

It's a great song, yes, Gate of the World. Love it.

10-10-2007 16:27 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Doohickey darnit heck!

Don't forget rassin'-frassin'...
10-10-2007 19:37 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
James
Mind Peach

quote:
Originally posted by wakachiwaka
quote:
Doohickey darnit heck!

Whoa....I was just kidding around. You just took it too far. Not cool, dude.
10-10-2007 21:03 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by wakachiwaka
quote:
Doohickey darnit heck!

Whoa....I was just kidding around. You just took it too far. Not cool, dude.

You're right - someone needs to kick the Swiss vanilla booboo out of me.

(and yes, I took the time to actually type out 'Swiss vanilla booboo') Tongue
10-10-2007 23:56 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Am I the only one who really, really likes this song?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH