Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Top 5 Mr. Buechner's Dream Songs » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Top 5 Mr. Buechner's Dream Songs
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
anochria anochria is a male
Dignified Lazar

images/avatars/avatar-529.gif

Registration Date: 05-11-2004

Top 5 Mr. Buechner's Dream Songs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ok, folks, I'm curious what you're top five Mr. Buechner's Dream songs are:

Here are mine, not in order of preference--

Author of the Story
Your Long Year
Meanwhile
Joel
Small Great Things

Beautiful Martyr almost made it onto my list
10-27-2007 23:36 anochria is offline Send an Email to anochria Homepage of anochria Search for Posts by anochria Add anochria to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

RE: Top 5 Mr. Buechner's Dream Songs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

this is the one

the author of the story

your long year

ordinary extraordinary day

small great things

Smile

10-28-2007 02:18 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Over Her Shoulder
Fingerprints
So Far So Good
Faithful Street
Easy For You

Aside from "Over Her Shoulder" the remaining four could easily slip through and be replaced by the majority of the album(s).

DwD
10-28-2007 13:52 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-652.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007

Mr. Buechner's Dream favs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

in no particular order....

Child on a Leash

Fingertips

Author of the Story("I held one hand in the fire
And lifted one hand towards the sky
But the busy world still turned
And the angels passed me by

Sometimes there seems to be
No author of the story
These thoughts occur to me
On this side of glory)...Upon my first listening, I immediately identified with these lyrics. I pumped my fist and wept.

Ordinary Extraordinary Day

Staggering Gods

My Beautiful Martyr

Joel(to be played in the event of my passing, among othe DA/Swirlie cuts)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ladrtrk55: 10-28-2007 15:55.

10-28-2007 15:15 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Joel
Child on a Leash
I Get To Wondering
My Beautiful Martyr
Steal Away

10-28-2007 15:46 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Richie Richie is a male
Normal Noggin

images/avatars/avatar-425.jpg

Registration Date: 03-07-2007

Author of the Story
The Tale You Told
Staggering Gods
Small Great Things
Fingerprints

10-28-2007 18:47 Richie is offline Search for Posts by Richie Add Richie to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Richie: DracoFornax
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thumb Up! My five Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Small Great Things
Fingerprints
Your Long Year
My Beautiful Martyr
The Staggering Gods

10-28-2007 18:48 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Dignified Lazar

Thread Starter Thread Started by anochria
RE: Mr. Buechner's Dream favs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

[quote]Upon my first listening, I immediately identified with these lyrics. I pumped my fist and wept.
[quote]

Oh, yeah, similar reaction myself.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by anochria: 10-28-2007 19:39.

10-28-2007 19:39 anochria is offline Send an Email to anochria Homepage of anochria Search for Posts by anochria Add anochria to your Buddy List
Dignified Lazar

RE: Top 5 Mr. Buechner's Dream Songs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Would anyone else put Meanwhile on their top 5?

I love the guitar on that song!
10-28-2007 19:44 anochria is offline Send an Email to anochria Homepage of anochria Search for Posts by anochria Add anochria to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Meanwhile is a really good one - one of those that could easily be in the top 5... But I'll tell you something I've said on here many times. The first time I heard "Over Her Shoulder" was driving to work and smelling the smoke of the fallen twin towers just across the way.

"...and froze there in the fire that fell" was meant for Lot's wife but was proxy for a lot of folks on 9/11. The combination of imagery, music and a particular moment in history has just locked itself in for me.

dwD
10-28-2007 19:55 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Dignified Lazar

9/11 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wow... that's a powerful connection.
10-28-2007 20:45 anochria is offline Send an Email to anochria Homepage of anochria Search for Posts by anochria Add anochria to your Buddy List
Josh&etc Josh&etc is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-401.gif

Registration Date: 11-29-2006

Author of the Story
Pregnant Pause
Over Her Shoulder
Ribbons and Bows
My Beautiful Martyr

10-29-2007 11:20 Josh&etc is offline Search for Posts by Josh&etc Add Josh&etc to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

youve said em all..

except
and so it goes.....

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
10-29-2007 12:25 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

we'll meet again
in some other place and time....

(first time I met Terry (A. F. TOUR) after the handshake and accolades
I said - see ya next time..cuz I believe that there is one)

since then I always say "see ya next time" - to cashiers or strangers or anyone..

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
10-29-2007 12:29 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
George
Dignified Lazar

images/avatars/avatar-282.jpg

Registration Date: 10-08-2007

What a great album! Only Dan Floor is better for me.

1. Author of the Story
2. Who's Who Here
3. Steal Away
4. Staggering Gods
5. Your Long Year

And: Ribbons and Bows, Ordinary Extraordinary Day, Pregnant Pause, Fingerprints, Mr. Buechner's Dream, Rice Paper Wings, Joel

I don't visit this site often--but just wanted to put my 2 cents in on this beautiful record. Been a DA fan since '84--Vox Humana and Doppleganger.
11-08-2007 21:32 George is offline Search for Posts by George Add George to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Your Long Year
Rice Paper Wings
Small Great Things
Easy For You
So Far So Good

08-16-2008 02:42 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Aqua Green Toupee Aqua Green Toupee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-19-2004

Author of the Story
Small, Great Things
Fingerprints
Who's Who Here
Nobody Will

I put the last one in bold because I don't think anyone's said it yet.
08-19-2008 19:53 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

My Beautiful Martyr
Child on a Leash
And So It Goes
Fingertips
The Author of the Story
08-19-2008 20:36 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Author of the Story
Your Long Year
Over Her Shoulder
Nobody Will
Joel

At least that's how it stands on August 19, 2008 at 11 pm.
08-19-2008 22:04 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Author Of The Story
Easy For You
Fingertips
The Staggering Gods
Your Long Year

So let it be written.......
So let it be done.....

08-19-2008 22:09 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Top 5 Mr. Buechner's Dream Songs

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH