Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » Lost Dogs - We Like to Have Christmas » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lost Dogs - We Like to Have Christmas
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 Lost Dogs - We Like to Have Christmas SafetyNet 12-10-2007 17:35
 RE: Lost Dogs: We Like to Have Christmas ladrtrk55 12-14-2007 17:23
 RE: Lost Dogs - We Like to Have Christmas Mark 12-14-2007 18:12
 RE: Lost Dogs - We Like to Have Christmas brother joel 12-15-2007 16:29
 RE: Lost Dogs - We Like to Have Christmas jyroflux 12-15-2007 18:34
 RE: Lost Dogs - We Like to Have Christmas WoaaahJelly! 04-12-2016 17:31
 August & Everything Remastered Tyler Durden 06-25-2016 17:05
 RE: Lost Dogs - We Like to Have Christmas Ron E 06-26-2016 06:50
 RE: Lost Dogs - We Like to Have Christmas PuP 06-26-2016 15:38
 RE: Lost Dogs - We Like to Have Christmas WoaaahJelly! 10-14-2016 12:36
 RE: Lost Dogs - We Like to Have Christmas audiori 10-14-2016 18:12
 RE: Lost Dogs - We Like to Have Christmas WoaaahJelly! 10-15-2016 12:46
 RE: Lost Dogs - We Like to Have Christmas Ron E 10-15-2016 18:19
 RE: Lost Dogs - We Like to Have Christmas PuP 10-18-2016 14:57
 RE: Lost Dogs - We Like to Have Christmas audiori 10-15-2016 19:06

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
SafetyNet
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 11-29-2006

Lost Dogs - We Like to Have Christmas Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Has anyone been able to listen to this yet? Highlights?

Reviews?

I am planning on buying as soon as the budget allows (after we have bought a bunch of christmas presents).

While the angels brushed her hair

"but that's how it has to end
On this side of glory...
12-10-2007 17:35 SafetyNet is offline Search for Posts by SafetyNet Add SafetyNet to your Buddy List
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-652.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007

RE: Lost Dogs: We Like to Have Christmas Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just got my copy today and only had a rough 1st listening in the car.

Song list:

A Perfectly Frank Christmas Greeting from Dr. Edward Daniel Taylor
The Chipmunk Song
Song for the Day After Christmas
Here Comes Santa Claus/Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
Babe in the Straw
Plastic Baby Jesus
Big Fruitcake From Hell
O Holy Night
White Christmas
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

12-14-2007 17:23 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mine hasn't arrived yet.

Crying

12-14-2007 18:12 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

Wink Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I got mine yesterday. It is a great offering from the dogs. I have listened to it half a dozen times. My only minor complaint is that I wish Babe in the Straw had been done in a fresher way. It appears they took the old Noel version and remixed it a bit. I would have liked all the dogs to share vocals on that one. I really enjoy the new mix of Fruitcake and the Here Comes Santa Claus/Rudolf song. The mix of Silent Night is real pleasing to hear. I really like Terry's additional vocal at the beginning. All in all it is a great holiday listen! If I had a fireplace I would roast chestnuts and give it a listen over and over again.

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
12-15-2007 16:29 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

From Doctor Love over at the 77's forum:

"I forgot that another re-release on this is Derri and Steve's "Babe In The Straw" from the long out of print but wonderful compilation album NOEL that Via Records released in 1995. It also features Riki Michelle on vocals. We wanted this whole album to be available again to our fans but could not afford to re-release it so we included this one cut. It's great."

12-15-2007 18:34 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
WoaaahJelly! WoaaahJelly! is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-650.jpg

Registration Date: 06-25-2013

This may be my most egregious example of bringing a dead thread back to life! I listen to this one every holiday season. It is good, but always seemed short and even incomplete, like they dropped four tracks or so.

"Plastic Baby Jesus" is so very sad and messed up. From the very first line that mentions Wal-Mart ( I work there). So there's a homeless guy who got tossed into the street when his Mom died? And his only light in this world is the nativity with the plastic baby Jesus? And the guy thinks to invite him in and never does? And snow knocks over baby Jesus? And the homeless guy dies under the snow?

SONGS LIKE THIS ARE WHY PEOPLE STICK THEIR HEADS INTO GAS OVENS OVER THE HOLIDAYS, PEOPLE!!!

It's absurdly tragic.

"Big Fruitcake From Hell" is hilarious and contains a bad word!

"Here Comes Santa Claus-Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer". Who is that singing the third line? Sounds like he has figgy puddings stuffed into his nose. I feel for him. I would have locked him out of the studio and said, "Here's some Dayquil. See you in a couple of days".

Every song Derri takes lead on is beautiful. I'm thinking of "Babe In The Snow"

04-12-2016 17:31 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

August & Everything Remastered Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am looking for a CD edition of August & Everything Remastered. A remastered mp3 seems a bit of an oxymoron.

Anybody know of a way to find an authentic CD?
06-25-2016 17:05 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Are those those smaller shiny records that came out before vinyl?

Sorry, no.

06-26-2016 06:50 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

I think you're both referring to the physical media that came out before digital downloads.

The answer is still no, though.

06-26-2016 15:38 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Woolly Eggwhisk

Silly question- is it at the DA store? Or the Dogs store? Is there a Dogs store? I have "August..." . I got it at one of the dates at Joe's Java. I cannot remember which one- one DA and two Dogs concerts.

Here's an idea- I could shuttle him an ISO or collection of FLAC or MP3 tracks and maybe he could pay the DA store? This is pretty wild but may be the only way if "August..." is otherwise not available.

10-14-2016 12:36 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

I the DA store does have it in stock but we don't generally have Christmas discs on the page all year around. They'll be up there pretty soon.

As a side note - we still sell far more CDs than digital downloads.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-14-2016 18:12 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

I think he meant "August..." not "We Like To Have Christmas". I understand it was a limited number of pressings, maybe?

10-15-2016 12:46 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Which shall we see first Dogs or DA?

10-15-2016 18:19 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
Which shall we see first Dogs or DA?

How about a Lost Amos album?

10-18-2016 14:57 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Ohhhh gotcha. I don't have that one either.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-15-2016 19:06 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » Lost Dogs - We Like to Have Christmas

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH