Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Vox Hunana, Remastered.....??? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Vox Hunana, Remastered.....??? 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
flyingcatcomics flyingcatcomics is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 01-03-2008

Vox Hunana, Remastered.....??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

An old DA-head , but fairly new to the forum so I may be out of the loop on some updates....anyway, are there any plans afoot for re-releasing Vox Humana on CD????? I rember it was reeleased a few years back but in an 'incomplete' state. The original release with extra tracks would be a wonderful addition for us all! One of my favorite segments of the Alarma Chronicles! IMHO, I think "When Worlds Collide" and "Sanctuary" are two of the best written and produced songs PERIOD (of any rock/pop/alt) genre!
Also, any future LIVE shows on the horizon similar to The Dead's "From the Vaults" series (now being handled by Rhino with stellar results I might add...!!!)?????? Curious minds would like to know....
Another phantasy project would be to get all of the ORIGINAL members in the studio to see what would gestate in these days of 'rocket packs'.....maybe HD REVISITED?????

01-15-2008 17:39 flyingcatcomics is offline Send an Email to flyingcatcomics Homepage of flyingcatcomics Search for Posts by flyingcatcomics Add flyingcatcomics to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of flyingcatcomics: flyingcatcomics View the MSN Profile for flyingcatcomics
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think an "Everyone Wore Hats" type version Vox Humana would be just the thing! Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 01-15-2008 17:47.

01-15-2008 17:47 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
flyingcatcomics flyingcatcomics is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 01-03-2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by flyingcatcomics
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

O.K., another great song that slipped my mind....happens a lot....I also had a pipe dream of a "Will the Circle be Unbroken" (Nitty Gritty Dirt band) session album with sonme of the cutting edge folks from that period, Terry Talbot (and John Michael), Stonehill, Pat Terry, DA, etc.....could be interesting.

01-15-2008 17:57 flyingcatcomics is offline Send an Email to flyingcatcomics Homepage of flyingcatcomics Search for Posts by flyingcatcomics Add flyingcatcomics to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of flyingcatcomics: flyingcatcomics View the MSN Profile for flyingcatcomics
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Re-released in ACB Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

VH was re-released in the Alarma Chronicles bookset, and I'm assumed remastered, with the split track of WWC put back the way it should have been.

I have a copy ("my precious") I bought when it was released, but if you didn't get it then, it's now harder to come by and will cost you some money on eBay.

01-15-2008 22:21 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

It would be nice to have a single CD of VH that soounds good.

On both cd versions of VH, the single disc version (no liner notes, no lyrics, a song split in two, a song with the wrong title) and the bookset (split up on two cds) VH has gotten the shaft, so to speak.

01-16-2008 07:28 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Vox Humana is one of the albums I've been especially hoping would get a good CD release. I would love a good CD of all 4 Alarma albums actually. I didn't know about the Alarma bookset when it was released, and frankly, I won't buy it on Ebay for an outrageous sum because I dislike being taken advantage of.
01-16-2008 09:44 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

...........because I dislike being taken advantage of.

and you're here because.... (he heeee!)
Cool

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
01-16-2008 12:00 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Well yeah, but... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

VH in the bookset does have the corrected tracks. All you need to do is rip and reburn at the highest quality to get your CD, assuming the RIAA doesn't hear about it...

01-16-2008 15:20 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

RE: Well yeah, but... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
VH in the bookset does have the corrected tracks. All you need to do is rip and reburn at the highest quality to get your CD, assuming the RIAA doesn't hear about it...

True, but still a pain in the burro.
It would have been better to have a four disc set.

01-16-2008 16:26 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Attention RE: Well yeah, but... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe

True, but still a pain in the burro.
It would have been better to have a four disc set.

m8 was involved...
be very glad we got what we got! Tongue Roll Eyes

Cool
01-16-2008 16:37 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

I'm sure it was said that it was split as the licence holders to Fearful Symmetry would not allow it to be on a disk by it's own.

Not a M8 issue (this time)

01-16-2008 16:56 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Thumb Down! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

a kmg issue......... even worse! Mad

Cool
01-16-2008 17:16 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Pedantic
I'm sure it was said that it was split as the licence holders to Fearful Symmetry would not allow it to be on a disk by it's own.

Yup. Roll Eyes

01-18-2008 12:37 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by joey

Let's get the Van warmed up!

Time to crash the gates! Pleased

01-18-2008 12:38 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Attention Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:

preach it, doc! Evil

Cool
01-18-2008 12:41 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

quote:
quote:
quote:

preach it, doc! Evil

amen.
01-18-2008 13:36 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Cool

01-18-2008 15:23 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Pedantic

Yup, thats the story as I remember it.

Personally, I don't like to think of the Alarma Bookset as an M8 project at all.. since they really didn't do anything with it other than help pay for it and *create* some typos.

We do want to do a new set of Alarma! Chronicles material... we've mainly just been trying to decide how to do it where it would make the most sense economically. We've thought about the possibility of releasing each album separately remastered (and with any bonus material that might be around).. then try to do something for the folks that missed the book set... possibly rereleasing the book itself in one form or another. Its difficult because anytime you start dealing with 200 page hardcover books with color pages... it becomes a pretty expensive project. Especially if we actually try to meet demand... something that M8 never came close to doing obviously.

I'm sure every DA fan's imagination runs wild with what could be done with this set of albums. We just don't want to bite off more than we can chew. We also have to deal with the KMG element again no matter what is decided.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
01-19-2008 00:42 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

There could be a box set re-issue without, the book?

Maybe a small booklet like The Choir box set had?

01-19-2008 09:20 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
... We also have to deal with the KMG element again no matter what is decided.

So, has Buddy Killen's death worked out to make things any easier, harder, or is it still about the same? Confused

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
01-31-2008 10:04 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Vox Hunana, Remastered.....???

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH