Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Maranath #5 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Maranath #5
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Thumb Up! Maranath #5 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I finally broke down and got this on Ebay.

It arrived in the mail yesterday. Very, very cool to have. Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 01-26-2008 05:54.

01-26-2008 05:53 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
achentodaze
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 02-26-2007

RE: Maranatha #5 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I received Maranatha 5 as a Christmas gift............over 30 years ago! And so began my journey with DA.

It is a cool album and I think the best of the Maranatha compilation albums. Although I also like Maranatha 2 as it is a good sampling of early 70's Maranatha music.

I always liked the cover art of Maranatha 5.

IIRC, "Golden Ages" by Sweet Comfort Band was written in relation to the death of Bill Sprouse, who wrote "Shotgun Angel".
01-28-2008 00:12 achentodaze is offline Search for Posts by achentodaze Add achentodaze to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Thread Starter Thread Started by dennis
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I knew that Bill Sprouse wrote "Shotgun Angel" and that Ed used to be in The Road Home.

I didn't know that Golden Ages" by Sweet Comfort Band was written in relation to the death of Bill Sprouse, however. Thanks!

The whole record is very cool.

This would have been very cool if I could have started my journey with DA here. Cool

01-28-2008 06:01 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-652.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007

Marantha 2 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I wonder what this puppy is worth.
Picked it up a few years back at an estate sale. I had the 8Track of the #5. Now that I've got a turntable to spin again, I'll have to give it a tumble.
The clear blue disc is what caught my eye.

01-28-2008 14:29 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
navfox navfox is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

images/avatars/avatar-448.gif

Registration Date: 06-17-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There is also a red vinyl vol 1. I thought they would be worth quite a bit, but a few years ago I sold mine on Ebay and only got 5-10 dollars each.
01-28-2008 16:04 navfox is offline Send an Email to navfox Homepage of navfox Search for Posts by navfox Add navfox to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for navfox
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-652.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007

quote:
Originally posted by navfox
There is also a red vinyl vol 1. I thought they would be worth quite a bit, but a few years ago I sold mine on Ebay and only got 5-10 dollars each.

yah, I spoke too soon.
I just looked it up and there's a copy in only Good condition going for $7.
Oh, well, I just burned a copy to the 'puter and it sounds fantastic.

Sweet Comfort
Mustard Seed Faith
Gentle Faith
Daniel Amos
Parable
Karen Lafferty
Michele Pillar
even the Praise Strings sounds good

01-28-2008 16:35 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by navfox

Yup.

01-28-2008 19:37 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

I always liked the concept of those compilation albums.
01-28-2008 20:11 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Very cool indeed.

I don't think I will be buying the others anytime soon, however! Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 01-28-2008 20:42.

01-28-2008 20:41 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Maranath #5

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH