Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » shotgun angel » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page shotgun angel
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
colorblind colorblind is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-05-2008

shotgun angel Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey...I'm new here...

Are there any plans to reissue Shotgun Angel???

03-05-2008 16:27 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Eventually.. we had hoped to do a 30th anniversary reissue last Christmas, but got tied up trying to get another reissue off the ground (HD) and the Darn Floor reissue put together.

We might see it this year... I know there is some cool bonus material available that Terry would like to release at some point.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
03-05-2008 23:26 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

perhaps he should put it in his will - like Larry did the Steve Scott project

Crying

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
03-06-2008 00:39 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Myron Myron is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 11-03-2004

I mentioned this on another thread, that I spoke to Alex McDougal at Larry Norman's funeral. He said there is some talk of a Shotgun Angel 30th anniversary tour with the six DA members from that era, can you elaborate on that at all Mr. T?
03-06-2008 01:05 Myron is offline Send an Email to Myron Search for Posts by Myron Add Myron to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
I know there is some cool bonus material available that Terry would like to release at some point.

Very nice.

03-06-2008 05:45 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
I know there is some cool bonus material available that Terry would like to release at some point.

Very nice.

03-06-2008 05:45 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

A point so nice, he mentioned it twice.

03-06-2008 06:21 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E

Yup.

03-06-2008 07:26 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
Originally posted by Ron E

Yup.

03-06-2008 07:27 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Myron
I mentioned this on another thread, that I spoke to Alex McDougal at Larry Norman's funeral. He said there is some talk of a Shotgun Angel 30th anniversary tour with the six DA members from that era, can you elaborate on that at all Mr. T?

It was talked about quite a bit for a while... the band members would like to have seen something happen, but its unclear if it would ever really be possible. The original idea was to get a string section or something and do the whole thing.

I think they just eventually figured it would be so expensive that no one could pull it all together. Maybe a single show or something.. but even that would be difficult.

Its the same issue with any DA show. If someone has enough cash to put into it, it could work out. But, without that budget, it would be very difficult.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
03-06-2008 18:06 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

"...perhaps he should put it in his will - like Larry did the Steve Scott project."

I heard this not. What's all this about?
03-06-2008 19:24 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Frank Funk Frank Funk is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 11-22-2007

?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Frank Funk: 03-06-2008 19:35.

03-06-2008 19:33 Frank Funk is offline Search for Posts by Frank Funk Add Frank Funk to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Doctor Love wrote
Tonight I played two cool leads on the Steve Scott number (from his unreleased 'Larry Norman produced' album -- the only album, incidentally, mentioned at Larry's funeral ~~ Larry's brother's wife reported that Larry instructed that it finally be released after letting it sit and rot for 30 years and that Steve would maybe be paid his '20%'...ack!! As I said earlier somewhere on this board, Larry was himself to the bitter end...)

03-06-2008 19:39 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-652.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007

madness....

03-06-2008 19:58 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

but!
he was well dressed. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
03-06-2008 20:01 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by ladrtrk55
madness....

I 2nd that.

03-06-2008 20:10 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

At one point Larry told us in email he would rather see the DA tapes rot in storage than to put them out or let us use them... then he would write back and say he wanted to work with us and he would give us access to everything he had. He accused Eric and I of being a problem back in the Solid Rock days ( I assume the reason we don't remember those meetings is because we were children), then in other email he gushed at how much he loved us.

Larry had some issues, there is no denying that, but I think it was the isues that got in the way and most people knew that. Thats what would allow you to not take things too personal, but it still made it almost impossible to work with him at times. We had so many emails from Larry, that we could make a book, it wouldn't be an easy read though.

03-06-2008 20:11 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
At one point Larry told us in email he would rather see the DA tapes rot in storage than to put them out or let us use them... then he would write back and say he wanted to work with us and he would give us access to everything he had. He accused Eric and I of being a problem back in the Solid Rock days ( I assume the reason we don't remember those meetings is because we were children), then in other email he gushed at how much he loved us.

Larry had some issues, there is no denying that, but I think it was the isues that got in the way and most people knew that. Thats what would allow you to not take things too personal, but it still made it almost impossible to work with him at times. We had so many emails from Larry, that we could make a book, it wouldn't be an easy read though.

Now we can embrace the hope that Larry is now free from these issues.
Can I get an Amen?

03-06-2008 20:17 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

quote:

Wow. Just...wow.

Must have been the "happy" Larry that decided to reissue Horrendous Disk, and the "angry" Larry that decided to punish us by tacking on the Lounge covers. Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by James: 03-06-2008 20:24.

03-06-2008 20:22 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by James
quote:

Wow. Just...wow.

Must have been the "happy" Larry that decided to reissue Horrendous Disk, and the "angry" Larry that decided to punish us by tacking on the Lounge covers. Tongue

That was horrid! Pleased

03-06-2008 20:33 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » shotgun angel

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH