Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » best Lost Dogs album??? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page best Lost Dogs album??? 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What did they say about shipping in the ad? Confused

Hold them to it! Evil

03-18-2008 17:11 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
colorblind colorblind is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-05-2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by colorblind
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We came to an agreement.
The CD should hit the mail soon!

While on the Lost Dogs topic...suppose they decided to add a new fourth member (Hindalong not counting...sorry Hindie!)...who would you want it to be???

03-18-2008 22:08 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Mike Knotts name has been mentioned

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
03-18-2008 22:15 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

I just can't come up with anyone who could fill Gene's shoes.

To fill the original concept - leader of his own band, great singer, great songwriter, great musician and be able to be able to twang as well as rock - I just come up blank. I can think of some older Jesus Music days folks, but every one of them have diminished vocal powers compared to their 'glory days'.

Our Dogs are something special.

03-18-2008 23:06 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

I think Randy Stonehill would make an interesting fourth Dog. He's a bit of a vocal chameleon and he'd really help fill out the vocal harmonies. He's also got a great sense of humor, so I could see him contributing greatly to the onstage comedy banter.
03-18-2008 23:30 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

I would say Knott and Stonehill would both make a good "Dog" member. Cool

I would like to see other memebers take on a greater songwriting share of the band. A new songwriter might be the shot in the arm they need to help pick up the slack.
I admit it would be tough to keep up with Terry. Shocked
Maybe that's never gonna happen.

As far as "replacing Gene." Forget it. That's the wrong way of looking at it.
Never gonna happen, either. Frown

03-19-2008 05:37 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

as a side note... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Stonehill's humor may be a little too youth groupie than the Dogs...

but at least they might start telling new jokes! Tongue

New Lost Dogs jokes??? Shocked

Now that's never gonna happen! Tongue

03-19-2008 05:40 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

if there were to be a fourth man, out front, with a guitar......(or organ.....) i'm all for phil madeira.... they all already know each other, phil has played live with them...... and his style would fit right in.

there, i have spoken. Big Grin

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

03-19-2008 06:45 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

I think Phil would be a great addition (not replacement)
hes got a terrific voice- plays a freekin mean accordian..(among other instruments very well) and can repleace Derrier as the straight man.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
03-19-2008 09:41 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Mind Peach

Mike Knott would probably be a good fit. I never thought of that before. His stuff on Strip Cycle and Hearts Of Care show off his acoustic lendings quite well. He'd also draw a decent fan-base. Any fans of Fluid?

How about Sufjan Stevens? That would be a funny addition...and probably sound terrific too...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by colorblind: 03-19-2008 16:49.

03-19-2008 14:58 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
jon eddies jon eddies is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 10-29-2007

fav dogs & new member Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well my favorite Dogs CD is tuff.
I'd say with Gene-Sceneic Routes, There are jsut a ton a good memories I associate with that album
As for Post Gene I would have to say Nazarene Crying Towel(w/Lost Cabin at a close second). NCT is just so initmate and organic, and I think someone else said it's very psalmsist.

As far as another dog? I would have to say Phil Madiera, he is every bit the multi instrumentalist they would need and has a similar humor in his own songs. But he does a lot of session work and touring with Buddy & Julie Miller as well as Emmylou Harris so that would be a gig that would be hard to give up Pleased
03-19-2008 16:08 jon eddies is offline Send an Email to jon eddies Search for Posts by jon eddies Add jon eddies to your Buddy List
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2002

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
I would say Knott and Stonehill would both make a good "Dog" member. Cool

I would like to see other memebers take on a greater songwriting share of the band. A new songwriter might be the shot in the arm they need to help pick up the slack.
I admit it would be tough to keep up with Terry. Shocked
Maybe that's never gonna happen.

As far as "replacing Gene." Forget it. That's the wrong way of looking at it.
Never gonna happen, either. Frown

dr. love was asked about mike knott as a possible 4th dog on the lost dogs board...
his reply? "Heavens, no!" Shocked

bobd

03-19-2008 16:24 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Big Grin

Sufjan? yeah!
03-19-2008 16:26 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

They need to release just one Lost Dogs album featuring "the whole pack of hounds"...

Taylor, Roe, Daugherty, Hindalong, Madeira, Keaggy and Stonehill.

Tell me that wouldn't be sweet, because it would be sweet. So sweet you're spiking a diabetic reaction just thinking about it!
03-19-2008 16:45 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Mind Peach

With all respect to Knott...that would probably end in disaster.
CUSH kinda proves that...
But it was a great record!

03-19-2008 16:52 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
if there were to be a fourth man, out front, with a guitar......(or organ.....) i'm all for phil madeira.... they all already know each other, phil has played live with them...... and his style would fit right in.

there, i have spoken. Big Grin

I think Phil would be great! Cool

03-20-2008 06:29 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

I think of the Dogs' material as
the first 3 albums
the second 3 albums
the rest ...

Steve Hindalong is a great guy and I love all his stuff with The Choir, but I don't think he makes the best Lost Dog. I am thankful he stepped up and helped them out or there may not have been as much material released in recent years?!

Phil Madeira seems like he almost was a Lost Dog, considering his contributions on RMC and NCT, Derri's Unfinished Songs, playing Avocado Faultline material with Terry, playing with DA, maybe other stuff too?. I think he would make a great Lost Dog. When we saw him at The Choir's CD release party for OHTMHF back in '05 I think he said something like he would like to do more with Terry but he hadn't been called upon? He would be my first pick.

I think Randy Stonehill would make a great LD too. If they bring anyone different into the fold I would definitely like to see him.

As for anyone else, I don't know ... I bet Michael Pritzl could do it and he has played with Roe before. He seemed to be talented and have a good attitude when we saw him play with Roe, but I don't have much of his stuff or know much about his overall background. Maybe Mike Roe would say "heavens, no" about him too? Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
03-20-2008 22:16 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
I think of the Dogs' material as
the first 3 albums
the second 3 albums
the rest ...

Exactly right.

quote:

As for anyone else, I don't know ... I bet Michael Pritzl could do it and he has played with Roe before. He seemed to be talented and have a good attitude when we saw him play with Roe, but I don't have much of his stuff or know much about his overall background. Maybe Mike Roe would say "heavens, no" about him too? Big Grin

That's my gut reaction! Tongue

03-21-2008 04:24 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Best Lost Dogs album? Well, they are all great--but I pick Nazarene Crying Towel. It's so personal and beautiful.
Who could be added as a forth (or now fifth) Dog? Phil Medeira would be the perfect choice. I think Mike Knott and Phil Keaggy would also be good choices. A strange choice would be Jason Martin.
I like them as they are. I say add Tim Chandler so Derri doesn't have to play bass on tour. Big Grin

07-08-2008 23:43 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Hindalong is the only person I could think of that could make the fourth Dog, since gene is gone. And my favorite Dogs albums are Lost Cabin, NCT and Gift Horse. The first couple of Dogs albums were compilations of oddball stuff, the last few albums were actually albums written to be Dogs albums.

07-08-2008 23:50 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » best Lost Dogs album???

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH