Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » producing Daniel Amos » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page producing Daniel Amos
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

RE: producing Daniel Amos Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by voxrob
Outside producer -- oh, one of the obvious ones was missed:

Brian Wilson

and then.. to reciprocate, Terry would produce a Brian Wilson album. I like that plan.

Let's at least replace Van Dyke Parks with Terry. 'Smile' would be the perfect album with Terry writing the lyrics.

04-09-2008 22:29 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

RE: producing Daniel Amos Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by PuP
Let's at least replace Van Dyke Parks with Terry. 'Smile' would be the perfect album with Terry writing the lyrics.

You got a problem with "columnated ruins domino"?
04-09-2008 22:56 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think Terry could produce a Mike Roe album, and Derri Daugherty could sing on it, and Terry could sing on it, too, and maybe Steve Hindalong could play drums and they could get Tim Chandler to play some of the bass, and....and....
Pleased

07-05-2008 01:12 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

...and it would be another Lost Dogs album? Tongue

07-05-2008 06:48 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Smile Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Exactly! Pleased

07-05-2008 06:51 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Too funny! Pleased

07-05-2008 06:52 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

I think an interesting, hard to pull-off, but fun album (probably more like an EP) would be this:
Terry Taylor - vocals and guitar
Aaron Sprinkle - vocals, keyboards, guitar, steel guitar and bass
Phil Madeira - vocals, guitar, organ, harmonica, steel guitar, percussion, bass and accordion
Jason Martin - vocals, guitar and bass
Mike Roe - vocals, guitar and bass
Derri Daugherty - vocals, guitar and bass
Steve Hindalong - drums and background vocals

The EP would have 7 songs, one written by each member. Each would sing their own song, with the exception of Steve Hindalong's song, which would be sung by the whole group.
Musically, the album would be a progressive-alternative/rock/country/blues/folk thingy, sort-of in the same vain as The Lost Dogs, Aaron Sprinkle solo and Terry Taylor solo (sort of, I guess).
Executive producers would be Terry Taylor and Steve Hindalong, who have plenty of experience doing this kind of project.

Yeah, yeah, I know...too much time on my hands.

And I know what you're thinking. "Isn't that The Lost Dogs, but with a couple extra people?" Well, yeah, but it would have a little different sound and would likely be a one-time deal.

07-26-2008 05:04 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Maybe, it would have to be more experimental for me to be really interested in something like that.

At this point I would like something stranger and a bit more of a rock vibe for my taste.

07-26-2008 09:15 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » producing Daniel Amos

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH