Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » iAlarma! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page iAlarma!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
colorblind colorblind is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-05-2008

iAlarma! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ummm...
This album is perfect...
I cannot believe my ears. This record is timeless.
DA knew how to construct a song. I love all the intricate, inter-woven parts, the hooky guitar riffs, and the classic vocals...
The hits keep coming...over and over.

Terry, I'm sorry that I'm so late in the game, but have mercy on me (this album came out when I was 3...and more into Bullfrogs & Butterflies than the LA underground scene!)!! Wink

Anyways, iAlarma! HAS to be one of the best records I've ever heard...but I still have to absorb the rest of the DA catalog (and this takes great discipline, as my office desk is now graced with a lot of DA material I haven't yet heard...but I want to take my time with each release and not hurry it along).

So yeah...I'm quite addicted.
Thanks Terry & DA!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by colorblind: 04-14-2008 12:58.

04-14-2008 12:57 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

RE: iAlarma! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by colorblind
this album came out when I was 3

I'm sure I speak for many of us when I say, "Dude, you are making me feel old."

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
04-14-2008 13:41 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I turned 8 in 1980 Tongue Big Grin

how did you type the upside-down exclamation mark? is it a spanish-character set or something? Red Face Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
04-14-2008 14:02 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
colorblind colorblind is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-05-2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by colorblind
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've got fancy keyboard skillz!!!!
And for the record, I don't feel too young myself...I turn 30 this year!

Shocked

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by colorblind: 04-14-2008 14:34.

04-14-2008 14:34 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
Aqua Green Toupee Aqua Green Toupee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-19-2004

I heard somewhere that Alarma is a Spanish word. What in the world does it mean????????? Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
04-14-2008 15:32 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
I turned 8 in 1980 Tongue Big Grin

how did you type the upside-down exclamation mark? is it a spanish-character set or something? Red Face Big Grin

TYPE A LOVER CASE I

IT DONT WORK TIL YOU GO..

ialarma!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-14-2008 16:01 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2002

RE: iAlarma! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

alarm....... Roll Eyes

bobd

04-14-2008 16:02 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

when I was three..???
lesseee..
uhm..
well- the music died.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-14-2008 16:03 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Jerry Davison Jerry Davison is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-30-2005

When I was three the Beatles' White Album came out. I was poppin' zits and just getting my drivers' license when Alarma came out. Pleased
04-14-2008 16:08 Jerry Davison is offline Send an Email to Jerry Davison Search for Posts by Jerry Davison Add Jerry Davison to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Jerry Davison: Davie Bluff
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

I was 24 and had just seen Daniel Amos & Randy Stonehill during the "Amos & Randy" Tour
at Bethel College. Speaking of which, a little side note, me and my posse were at Bethel College Saturday night (JiMiNy, DaLe, Dennis and bunch of other friends and relatives) and saw Phil Keaggy, or Ol' Whitey as we like to call him, for the fabulous "Master & Musician" concert.
04-14-2008 16:42 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
Aqua Green Toupee Aqua Green Toupee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-19-2004

quote:
Originally posted by Strange Animal
alarm....... Roll Eyes

Huh.
04-14-2008 16:42 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Oh gee... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was 18, a freshman in college.

See if this doesn't say something...

I won Horrendous Disc (vinyl record) at a Scripture Press contest, then a few minutes later I won Alarma (8-track tape).

Talk about old...

04-14-2008 20:17 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

It just struck me on reading the previous... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My Horrendous Disc vinyl record actually did have a bad scratch.

Inside joke... relax, I'm from the Midwest.
Shocked

04-14-2008 20:19 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

quote:
Ummm...
This album is perfect...
DA knew how to construct a song. I love all the intricate, inter-woven parts, the hooky guitar riffs, and the classic vocals...

Terry, I'm sorry that I'm so late in the game, but have mercy on me (this album came out when I was 3...and more into Bullfrogs & Butterflies than the LA underground scene!)!! Wink

Anyways, iAlarma! HAS to be one of the best records I've ever heard...but I still have to absorb the rest of the DA catalog (and this takes great discipline, as my office desk is now graced with a lot of DA material I haven't yet heard...but I want to take my time with each release and not hurry it along).

So yeah...I'm quite addicted.
Thanks Terry & DA!

I'm glad you're getting to hear all the great music!

04-14-2008 21:21 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Commander Cote
I was 24 and had just seen Daniel Amos & Randy Stonehill during the "Amos & Randy" Tour
at Bethel College. Speaking of which, a little side note, me and my posse were at Bethel College Saturday night (JiMiNy, DaLe, Dennis and bunch of other friends and relatives) and saw Phil Keaggy, or Ol' Whitey as we like to call him, for the fabulous "Master & Musician" concert.

ol' whitey LOL! Big Grin

we have seen PK maybe 6 times now (once with a band in Knoxville during Crimson & Blue timeframe with Phil Madeira. can't remember if it was John Sferra and/or Wade Jaynes or others.) most of the times we saw him he had the black beret. the last time he didn't and were we shocked Shocked Big Grin ... and then awed! Pleased Cool that last time was in Johnson City, TN a few years back.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
04-14-2008 21:22 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

I am pretty sure the Crimson & Blue Tour was with John Sferra and Wade Jaynes. Cool

04-14-2008 21:41 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Ummm...
This album is perfect...
Thanks Terry & DA!

This album is perfect, you are correct!

I was 12 in 1980! Pleased

04-14-2008 21:42 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

well done on acquiring alarma.........it is one of my favorites.

and just for the record i was three when sgt. pepper was released. Big Grin

04-14-2008 21:46 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I was one when Abbey Road was released. Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 04-14-2008 21:47.

04-14-2008 21:47 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
I was one when Abbey Road was released. Big Grin

youngster! Tongue

04-14-2008 21:53 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » iAlarma!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH