Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA Singles? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA Singles?
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 DA Singles? ahanson 04-23-2008 10:14
 RE: DA Singles? dennis 04-23-2008 17:07
 RE: DA Singles? navfox 04-23-2008 10:39
 RE: DA Singles? Audiori J 04-23-2008 13:21
 RE: DA Singles? jiminy 04-23-2008 14:19
 RE: DA Singles? sprinklerhead 04-23-2008 14:29
 DAting.com ahanson 04-23-2008 22:51
 Not a singles band John Foxe 04-23-2008 14:58
 RE: Not a singles band sprinklerhead 04-23-2008 15:16
 RE: DA Singles? dennis 04-23-2008 17:09
 RE: DA Singles? Audiori J 04-23-2008 19:07
 RE: DA Singles? wakachiwaka 04-23-2008 19:20
 RE: DA Singles? jyroflux 04-23-2008 19:31
 RE: DA Singles? wakachiwaka 04-23-2008 19:45
 RE: DA Singles? jyroflux 04-23-2008 20:48
 RE: DA Singles? dennis 04-23-2008 19:23
 RE: DA Singles? jiminy 04-23-2008 20:52
 RE: DA Singles? dennis 04-23-2008 20:56
 The funny part I left out John Foxe 04-23-2008 23:30
 RE: DA Singles? PuP 04-25-2008 23:52

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ahanson ahanson is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

DA Singles? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was browsing the DA discography today and noticed there were not any singles included. It would be interesting to know what exists out there for promo singles on vinyl and cd. I know I've seen one for "Walls of Doubt" and for a song off Doppelganger (can't remember which one at the moment).

Have there ever been any commercial singles released?

Adam
04-23-2008 10:14 ahanson is offline Send an Email to ahanson Search for Posts by ahanson Add ahanson to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

RE: DA Singles? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by ahanson
I know I've seen one for "Walls of Doubt"

I have that one! Cool

04-23-2008 17:07 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
navfox navfox is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

images/avatars/avatar-448.gif

Registration Date: 06-17-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i think the eddies had some and HD too.
04-23-2008 10:39 navfox is offline Send an Email to navfox Homepage of navfox Search for Posts by navfox Add navfox to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for navfox
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There were some 45s, "Happily Married Man" was one. "I Got an Idea" was another. There was one from "Knowledge and Innocence." I would think we should have them listed somewhere, although the versions on the singles are not different I don't believe. So it maybe somewhat redundant. I think I have at least a copy of each one, I can look into it and list the ones I am aware of.

04-23-2008 13:21 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

whew!
I (among others Im sure)
thought maybe this place was turnin into one of those

Single?
Lonely?

FLASH FLASH FLASH

sites....

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-23-2008 14:19 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
whew!
I (among others Im sure)

Single?
Lonely?

FLASH FLASH FLASH

sites....

Woo hoo!!! Hot, Christian Singles!!!

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
04-23-2008 14:29 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
ahanson ahanson is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

Thread Starter Thread Started by ahanson
DAting.com Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You know, as soon as I saw the title of my post show up I had to laugh....just imagine a site for DA fans looking for hot singles....perhaps such an effort could be financially succesful enough to fund a new album....just imagine....

Hey DA fans, this is Cowboy Billy McBride. Are you looking for a "Real Girl" to take home to mom (since you do live in her basement)? Two out of 10 Daniel Amos fans wind up saying "I Love You # 19" to that special someone after posting their profile at "DAting.com". You, too can become a "Happily Married Man". Let the "Virgin Fall"!

quote:
Originally posted by sprinklerhead
quote:
whew!
I (among others Im sure)

Single?
Lonely?

FLASH FLASH FLASH

sites....

Woo hoo!!! Hot, Christian Singles!!!
04-23-2008 22:51 ahanson is offline Send an Email to ahanson Search for Posts by ahanson Add ahanson to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Not a singles band Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

DA is clearly not a singles band, not very much plays well over the sanctified and/or top-40 airwaves.

The only one I recall ever hearing was the title cut from Alarma on late night Moody WMBI in the early 80s. IIRC the last one being considered was Ordinary, Extraordinary Day off MBD.

04-23-2008 14:58 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

RE: Not a singles band Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
The only one I recall ever hearing was the title cut from Alarma on late night Moody WMBI in the early 80s.

Then the dj was forced to repent or leave the school. Smile

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
04-23-2008 15:16 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

"I Got an Idea" would be pretty sweet! Pleased

04-23-2008 17:09 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

The 45s I have are:

"Happily Married Man " / "Happily Married Man " ~ DA

"Ive Got An Idea" / "Rodeo Drive" ~ Swirling Eddies

"Dancing on Light" / "Song of Innocence" ~ Terry Taylor

"Somethings Going On Here" / "The Graylands" ~ Body and Soul (Rob Watson)

"Trouble With Lies" / "The Tenth Song" ~ Adam Again

One 12" single of Swirling Eddies "Lets Spin" / Mike Stand "Do I Stand Alone"

I feel like I should have another one or two but couldnt seem to find them yet.

04-23-2008 19:07 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J

A fine release. Would make a perfect bonus track on some re-issue or other. Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by wakachiwaka: 04-23-2008 19:21.

04-23-2008 19:20 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

quote:
Originally posted by wakachiwaka
quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J

A fine release. Would make a perfect bonus track on some re-issue or other. Big Grin

I used to have that, but somewhere along the way I've misplaced it. "The Graylands" was on No Sense of History, so I have that, but I can't remember what "Somethings Going On Here" sounds like.

04-23-2008 19:31 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

quote:
Originally posted by jyroflux
I used to have that, but somewhere along the way I've misplaced it. "The Graylands" was on No Sense of History, so I have that, but I can't remember what "Somethings Going On Here" sounds like.

The version of "The Greylands" on the 45 is different from the one on History - better, IMHO, more Alan Parsons-ey.

"Something..." is a great song, and just flat-out rocks, despite the notable absence of guitars.
04-23-2008 19:45 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

quote:
Originally posted by wakachiwaka
The version of "The Greylands" on the 45 is different from the one on History - better, IMHO, more Alan Parsons-ey.

"Something..." is a great song, and just flat-out rocks, despite the notable absence of guitars.

I guess that's why when I heard "The Graylands" on the CD it seemed different. It's been many, many moons since I had a turntable, so I really can't remember how the other versions sounds.

Let's hope both of these songs show up on a CD soon. Perhaps Rob has enough songs to release at least an EP from that era.

04-23-2008 20:48 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Very nice.

I have a lot of 45s but only one by DA that I just bought.

I have a Tonio K. 45 I picked up not too long ago.
"Perfect World" and "You will go free."

I love how good 45s sound. The 12" 45s sound really good. Cool

04-23-2008 19:23 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

after I owned SA they played the Title cut on local radio,- they could have been dropping the needle on the LP-
( they ahd a lot of album features on that lil station.

but I wonder if it was a single? - that would have been around 1980 when I heard it.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-23-2008 20:52 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
after I owned SA they played the Title cut on local radio,- they could have been dropping the needle on the LP.

That would be my guess. Cool

04-23-2008 20:56 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

The funny part I left out Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

When I mentioned WMBI Moody radio playing Alarma, I failed to mention the following brief exchange between the two DJs:

The Guy: "And now we'll hear Alarma, from a group called Daniel anus"
The Girl: "Oh my!"

I'm not kidding!
Shocked

04-23-2008 23:30 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

quote:
"DAting.com"

Too funny to abbreviate: Laughing Out Loud! Big Grin

04-25-2008 23:52 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA Singles?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH