Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » CD cache- cmon its WEDNESDAY!!!! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page CD cache- cmon its WEDNESDAY!!!!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jc
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

CD cache- cmon its WEDNESDAY!!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

RETRO! (SORT OF)
Project MWS
Live MWS
Beat the System -Petra
Best of Woodstock (short..but it has I'm Goin Home by TYA)
Thirst-Uncle Randy
The Wild Frontier-Uncle Randy
Flying in a Blue Dream-Joe Satrioni

JiMiny

04-17-2002 10:10 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Sorry, we don't except cache.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

But anyway:

Bruce Cockburn -- Radio Shoes ('81 live bootleg -- Inner City Front/Trouble with Normal period)

77s -- the funky Crow thang (yes, still)

TST -- Avocado Club, Volume I

The Waterboys -- Fisherman's Blues ('cause it's Spring & it's stupid to NOT play it now....)

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
04-17-2002 10:25 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I made a commitment over on the Dogs Board, so it's this:

Gift Horse
Gift Horse
Gift Horse
Gift Horse
Gift Horse
I'm stuck on it!

04-17-2002 10:34 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

mike knott all day

cdr of mp3s
from
lsu
aunt betty's
mike solo

BD

04-17-2002 10:36 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

Thread Starter Thread Started by jc
for once!!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

every response (so far)
is actually stuff I KNOW!!
fishermans blues-good choice carl!
I did herald the bud yesterday by Dr LOve-
another good spring thing
jiMiny
04-17-2002 10:51 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Dr. Sticky Dr. Sticky is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

Alt-country day for me!

I've made it a Jayhawks morning. Golden Smog is this afternoon, maybe some Wilco also this afternoon. Who knows?
04-17-2002 10:55 Dr. Sticky is offline Send an Email to Dr. Sticky Homepage of Dr. Sticky Search for Posts by Dr. Sticky Add Dr. Sticky to your Buddy List
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

(remember me?) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

For me today, It's listening to

TRUCK

at Mp3.com (I how that isn't a bad word here, but I imagine it isn't since DA have some of their own stuff there...)

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/84/truckrock.html

I love those guys. Just my sort of music.

I'm also trying to listen to PING and Mike G. but I can't get those darned mp3 pages to come up..

Cheers!
Coffee-man

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

04-17-2002 11:24 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

If I could play music at work, do you thing I would be posting on this *&^%*$# silly-ass board??? Big Grin

04-17-2002 11:33 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Well.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

....YEAH, actually. Whaddya think WE'RE doing? Smile

In fact, I've got all four of the above CDs blasting on Continuous Play on separate PCs several cubes away from one another -- but just close enough to have your own personal multimedia event if y'r sitting in the right place -- and confusing the hell out of the IT people around me.... well, actually not. But it IS tempting....

04-17-2002 12:04 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

Sublime Brain Puppet?!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey! I never got a
quote:
Sublime Brain Puppet
before?!

Great picks o' CD's JC. I'm an ol' Smitty fan. The one I wanna get is I'll Lead You Home. Brent Bourgeois wrote the lyrics on that'n.

Brent Bourgeois is northern California local boy and compatriot of Charlie Peacock's.

Check out his discography ;

Me, I'm listenin' to Van Morrison
quote:
Astral Weeks
, Bob Marley's
quote:
Uprising
and PFR's
quote:
THEM
this mornin'.

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
04-17-2002 12:26 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

good back Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I know Im a JCL-
but I'm just gettin into Mr MArley-
and got some "other" VM recently- don't have Astral Weeks....yet.
I ACTUALLY saw PFRs CU later..last show, were though (sort of)..and everyone at the show got a copy of "them" - and it cost 15 bucks to get in (at a hotel /plaza/mall thing no less)..so I call it a free show.
one of my finest 90s moments.
JiMiNy
04-17-2002 13:05 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

waiting for the live show Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Tonight at 8 p.m. I'm seeing Art Garfunkle live. Should be fun. I'm away from home right now, so I'm not listening to anything, but Simon and Garfunkle tunes are rummaging through my head. Big Grin

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
04-17-2002 13:35 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Primus! Tales from the puchbowl!

"well, Wynona's got herself a big brown beaver and she showed it off to all her friends!"

LOL funny!

dennis

04-17-2002 13:40 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
Primus! Tales from the puchbowl!

"well, Wynona's got herself a big brown beaver and she showed it off to all her friends!"

LOL funny!

dennis

I love Primus!!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin but I still can't play +*&^%$& music at woik! Mad Mad Mad

04-17-2002 13:44 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Wait a minute, JiMIny.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What do you MEAN you don't have Astral Weeks yet??? Maybe you just mean you don't get it yet.... but wait, you DID get it.... hey, 'SPLAIN YERSELF!!!

04-17-2002 13:51 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jc
Luteous Llama

oops- Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

it was a brain fart- sorry
(I'm bad with titles-I even have trouble with Father , Son and Holy Ghost)
- BUT
I just got through listening to the aforementioned song by ten Years After
"I'm Going Home"- performed at Maxes place.

I'll tell you why I think this song rates among the top 5 songs of the 60s for me:

a. It was performed at Woodstock
b. It has a "real "guitar solo-there's nothing after he says
"I'll play the blues for you-baby" but 6 strings and people clapping
c. It is comprised mostly of 50s rock and roll tunes- so its really a medley of sort-
and bridges a gap in old rock/new rock, which is important in rock longevity
d. The guitar work is speed rock, r and b, blues, and psycha rock- all in one song .
e. It contains the lyric
" I love you baby
Lord God knows I do-"- so its gospel!
Nuff said?

JiMiny
04-17-2002 14:38 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by jc
it was a brain fart- sorry
(I'm bad with titles-I even have trouble with Father , Son and Holy Ghost)
- BUT
I just got through listening to the aforementioned song by ten Years After
"I'm Going Home"- performed at Maxes place.

I'll tell you why I think this song rates among the top 5 songs of the 60s for me:

a. It was performed at Woodstock
b. It has a "real "guitar solo-there's nothing after he says
"I'll play the blues for you-baby" but 6 strings and people clapping
c. It is comprised mostly of 50s rock and roll tunes- so its really a medley of sort-
and bridges a gap in old rock/new rock, which is important in rock longevity
d. The guitar work is speed rock, r and b, blues, and psycha rock- all in one song .
e. It contains the lyric
" I love you baby
Lord God knows I do-"- so its gospel!
Nuff said?

JiMiny

I can't hit fast forward fast enough on TYA Smile
I would rather hear the Guess Who or Gerry and the Pacemakers (LOL at own joke)

04-17-2002 16:10 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

Swirling Eddies- Zoom Daddy
Daniel Amos- Alarma Chronicles
Beatles- Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Swirling Eddies- Sacred Cows
Steve Taylor- Squint
04-18-2002 09:06 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

an "a" is awarded Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Gamgee gets his first A
in ear food

well done,
the critic
04-18-2002 09:09 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
jamespop jamespop is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Thursday morning:

Mad At the World (self-titled)
Undercover (3-28-87)
Rush (Retrospective II 1982-1987)
Canadian Brass (Encore)
Dave Perkins (The Innocence)

I'm being kind of anal retentive and listeining to my CD collection chronologically. Currently I'm in 1987 (which will conclude with one of the greatest albums ever committed to vynil, tape, or plastic...DFBB!)
04-18-2002 10:31 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » CD cache- cmon its WEDNESDAY!!!!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH