Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » CD cache- cmon its WEDNESDAY!!!! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page CD cache- cmon its WEDNESDAY!!!!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jc
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by jc
another A Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

jamespop-
you get an A for naming
at least CCMS greatest year-1987

It has been the subject of past discussion-and I think its fair to say that
"The Turning" set the stage for just that.
after all I was a bit
mmmad,
mmad at the
mmad at the
world-
world-
mad at the world
mad at the- ta ta ta ta ta ta ta ta

JimINy

04-18-2002 10:49 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

Bird cueing my mental cache. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Why is there only one other person with Avocado club in their player?
Since I can only play one cd at a time, that is what I have.

In the cache of the mind though, I have the entire cataloge playing at one time or another.

Example: This morning I woke up and birds were chirping the exact notes of Outdoor Elvis's introduction. I began to sing

"out there where the air is clean
the red woods high, and the grass is green
people tell me they have seen
a giant footprint
is he fishing and skiing and hunting duck
with a guitar, shotgun, and a pick-up truck? "

04-18-2002 12:02 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

In the mail yesterday... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I got 2 cds I should have bought a year ago! Beautiful Garbage and P.O.D.- Satellite. As far as POD goes, their lyrics are pretty straitforward Christian and they are 2nd in line to Ozzy at the Ozzfest this year! That just blows my mind that bands like DA, Adam Again, etc. never got that kind of attention. As far as the Avocado disc, it's not bad, but it's only 15 minutes, and one of the songs we already have a much better version of! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin OK, better go into hiding now....Tongue

04-18-2002 12:15 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Dw. Dunphy
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 03-27-2002

Listening or enjoying? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm listening to the new Korn thing, "Untouchable", but I'm enjoying the new Jerry Cantrell "Degradation Trip" and "Mr. Buechner's Dream - And So It Goes".

04-18-2002 16:43 Dw. Dunphy is offline Send an Email to Dw. Dunphy Search for Posts by Dw. Dunphy Add Dw. Dunphy to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

Wow, I got an A Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Gamgee gets his first A

Awwww.... cut it out, jc; you're gonna make me blush.

(Good thing I didn't post last week's ear swiss vanilla booboo. I probably wouldn't have gotten even a C
04-18-2002 19:13 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Top 5 for the Weekend! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

5. Avo club disc- I'm not too impressed with this so far, but that's been the case w/ a lot of TST work the first few listens....

4. Moulin Rouge Soundtrack- Come What May...

3. P.O.D.- Satellite- My wife still doesn't believe me that they are a "Christian" band and asks me to "turn this off!" Playing in my trucks cd player though! Big Grin

2. Garbage- Beautiful Garbage- Fusion of a little bit of hip/hop into alt. rock but still kicks a**!

1. Swirling Eddies- Zoom Daddy!!!- Last night my 12 yr-old step-daughter handed me this and asked "is this your cd?" Yessssss!!! It somehow got into her cds and I haven't heard it for months! The only sad thing about this cd is that it came out the same year as Bibleland. It seem like most of the creative energy in '94 went into this cd, and Bibleland is the most forgettable DA cd since their 1st album. I'm going to get my money back tomorrow! Now what you need to do is listen to some old Resurrection band, early Stonehill....wait a minute! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

04-19-2002 12:38 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

[QUOTE][I]Originally posted by Joey T. [
P.O.D.- Satellite. As far as POD goes, their lyrics are pretty straitforward Christian and they are 2nd in line to Ozzy at the Ozzfest this year!

I have heard most of it at a record store and really like it, having H.R. seemed like a nice touch as well.
I have not bought it yet, but I think it's just a matter of time! Wink

04-19-2002 16:30 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
P.O.D.- Satellite. As far as POD goes, their lyrics are pretty straitforward Christian and they are 2nd in line to Ozzy at the Ozzfest this year!

quote:

I have heard most of it at a record store and really like it, having H.R. seemed like a nice touch as well.

H.R.??? Puffenstuff? What is this H.R. you're referring to??? Anyways, my point about POD was that bands like DA should be able to make it much bigger than they are if POD has made the big-time w/o compromising their lyrics. I like POD, but bands like DA, Adam Again and the 77's are much, much better..... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

04-19-2002 16:43 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

I agree! I enjoy bands like POD, Jars of Clay, etc. that have made it "big" in the "secular" scene, but I just don't get it. How can an album like "Doppelganger" not get the attention of all the music world in the early 80's? When retro music is returning in the 90's, how can an album like "Motorcycle" not get attention? With Radiohead being huge in the present day, how can "MBD" not get the attention of the music world? It just doesn't add up does it?
LK-9

04-20-2002 11:01 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Lost Canine
I agree! I enjoy bands like POD, Jars of Clay, etc. that have made it "big" in the "secular" scene, but I just don't get it. How can an album like "Doppelganger" not get the attention of all the music world in the early 80's? When retro music is returning in the 90's, how can an album like "Motorcycle" not get attention? With Radiohead being huge in the present day, how can "MBD" not get the attention of the music world? It just doesn't add up does it?
LK-9

well doppelganger is just a weird album, but I know what you are saying and I agree... hell, it's just a dice game (the music biz) and Peter Frampton sold how many millions of records? and he sucks? makes ya wonder Frown
dennis
p.s. there is no reason MBD should not be played as much or more than Radiohead... Or Coldplay... or any of those other losers!

04-20-2002 11:26 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
quote:

quote:

H.R.??? Puffenstuff? What is this H.R. you're referring to??? Anyways, my point about POD was that bands like DA should be able to make it much bigger than they are if POD has made the big-time w/o compromising their lyrics. I like POD, but bands like DA, Adam Again and the 77's are much, much better..... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I do like DA better of course but POD is a lot of fun to just CRANK! It's a F^%&^&*^*^*&^&*^&ng RAGER Dude! Smile

04-20-2002 11:28 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
quote:
LK-9

well doppelganger is just a weird album, but I know what you are saying and I agree... hell, it's just a dice game (the music biz) and Peter Frampton sold how many millions of records? and he sucks? makes ya wonder Frown
dennis
p.s. there is no reason MBD should not be played as much or more than Radiohead... Or Coldplay... or any of those other losers!

Yeah, I just don't get the industry thing. It doesn't add up. I thought you might disagree with me on Doppelganger, I remember that it isn't one of your favorites!
LK-9

04-20-2002 11:55 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
quote:
LK-9

dennis

Yeah, I just don't get the industry thing. It doesn't add up. I thought you might disagree with me on Doppelganger, I remember that it isn't one of your favorites!
LK-9

I love "Autographs for the sick" and "King's Kids."
songs like that and how can you not love "real girls?"
but songs like "do big boys cry?" turn my stomach a tad Wink
"Little Crosses" is pretty brilliant.

I just really have to be in the right mood for DG.
If anything the fault in the album may be that it is TOO SMART. (if that can happen Wink )

but I agree... POD could be Petra lyric wise, but the tunes are still really good!

Plus it's a bunch of crap, who gets promoted, etc...
I'm sure if Terry were more of a "kiss-ass" it would help, but who needs that?

dennis

04-22-2002 16:53 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:

If anything the fault in the album may be that it is TOO SMART. (if that can happen Wink )

I still listen to DG quite often, I missed HD and Alarma the first time around, DG was the only DA I heard between SA and Kahloun. Of course I had to go back and get the rest later. So it's high on my playback list.

BD

quote:

but I agree... POD could be Petra lyric wise, but the tunes are still really good!

Plus it's a bunch of crap, who gets promoted, etc...
I'm sure if Terry were more of a "kiss-ass" it would help, but who needs that?

dennis

(chuckle)he said ''kiss-ass'' heh heh..... Big Grin

04-22-2002 18:45 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:

Yep, the SMARTEST album of all time is DFBB, and it sold less than 10,000 copies. Confused However, it is considered DA's best album by most on the da-dl. DG, though, I do need to be in a certain mood to get into, but when I am, it "rocks my world" as Aunt Betty would say... Big Grin

04-22-2002 19:06 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:

Yep, the SMARTEST album of all time is DFBB, and it sold less than 10,000 copies. Confused However, it is considered DA's best album by most on the da-dl. DG, though, I do need to be in a certain mood to get into, but when I am, it "rocks my world" as Aunt Betty would say... Big Grin

When does she say that to you? Wink

04-22-2002 20:38 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:

Uh..... she's never said that to me, but a couple of my aliases have reported back to me....

Big Grin

04-23-2002 12:08 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:

Uh..... she's never said that to me, but a couple of my aliases have reported back to me....

you stick to your story and I'll stick to mine!
Wink

Big Grin

04-23-2002 18:17 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

I'm sort of getting the impression that Betty really gets around. Jiminy hasn't posted in several days, nor has Betty. Hmmmmmm....I need to keep my ordination in tact, so I'll stay away from her. I try not to judge in my position as a pastor, but she seems like a real french.
LK-9

04-24-2002 00:02 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
I'm sort of getting the impression that Betty really gets around. Jiminy hasn't posted in several days, nor has Betty. Hmmmmmm....I need to keep my ordination in tact, so I'll stay away from her. I try not to judge in my position as a pastor, but she seems like a real french.
LK-9

Jimminy and Betty? I guess woggy would know Wink

04-24-2002 16:47 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » CD cache- cmon its WEDNESDAY!!!!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH