Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Alarma chronicles truely prophetic? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Alarma chronicles truely prophetic?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Chesterdox Chesterdox is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-467.jpg

Registration Date: 09-20-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What we need is a good laughing revival!

....I'm already laughing. Tongue

07-03-2008 07:58 Chesterdox is offline Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List
peacebringer
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by peacebringer
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Chesterdox
What we need is a good laughing revival!

....I'm already laughing. Tongue

"I could laugh, but it's not funny"

MILLIONS BEING DECEIVED.

It just ain't funny.
07-03-2008 08:31 peacebringer is offline Homepage of peacebringer Search for Posts by peacebringer Add peacebringer to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Simma - dow - na

07-03-2008 08:50 Chesterdox is offline Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List
peacebringer
Dark Steamy Cabbage

quote:
Simma - dow - na

not able to see that picture at work here. Blocked.

I appreciate the humor. But we are in serious and dangerous times.
07-03-2008 09:08 peacebringer is offline Homepage of peacebringer Search for Posts by peacebringer Add peacebringer to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by sondance
that's the observation of the human plight stuff - you have to spin it backwards to get the prophetic stuff

I have to agree with you on this one!

07-03-2008 09:15 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Strange Animal

and we all know wikipedia is a reliable source....... Tongue

Yes. Yes we do! Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 07-03-2008 09:17.

07-03-2008 09:16 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Peace-
I agree-the times are such that hunger is overtaking common sense.

I spent 14 years in a denomination that has been branded a Cult- it looked different from the inside- believe me-

but I know Jesus cared for my heart all the while- n looking back- I sifted the wheat from the chaff.

I am a real proponent of this- if you are drawn to something in sincerity- (even if it ends up being goofy-or worse-potential spiritual harm)-if your heart was looking for Jesus in it all- He can still be found.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-03-2008 09:21 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy

I am a real proponent of this- if you are drawn to something in sincerity- (even if it ends up being goofy-or worse-potential spiritual harm)-if your heart was looking for Jesus in it all- He can still be found.

I agree. As a new Christian at the age of 19 I was in a church that was up to its neck in all of that craziness (laughing revival, everybody hoping to get "a word" from the prophet-du-jour, etc.), and God helped me to discern the good from the bad... eventually.

Peace, I'm not denying the seriousness of what's happening, but we are always in "serious & dangerous times." I think if we let ourselves feel the whole weight of all that's evil in the world (from very real torture to child molestation to the starvation and abandonment of little children) absent the ability to laugh, then, well, Terry & gang would only make Bibleland albums and not Swirling Eddies albums... and that would not be good.

07-03-2008 09:43 Chesterdox is offline Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

quote:
Originally posted by peacebringer
If you go to the other 2 sites I referenced there are good articles.

I will summarize though. In essessence Mr. Bentley is mixing Christianity with New Age and Gnosticism. He has referenced astral projection, vistis to the 3rd heaven and other such things. He early on stated that he was told he needed to teach on Angels and not Jesus. And that the church already knows about Jesus and needs to believe in the angels and supernatural. In essence the healings are connected to healing angels.
False prophet Bob Jones sent him his angels. He also is reported to have the same "angel" as William Braham who claimed he was Elijah.
The healing "display" is even over and above what you see with Benny Hinn. Also he was commissioned by the likes of NAR folks starting with C Peter Wagner. I hadn't realized the full extent of NAR thinking until God woke me up to this stuff.

This is serious stuff. Mr. Bentley is also teaching that His annointing is transferable. There have been testemonies by some of being approached by demonic after exposure to the events at lakeland.

The wiki article like I said is unbaised reporting of facts.

What's the deal with C. Peter Wagner? I haven't heard much about him since I was part of the Vineyard in the early 90's.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
07-03-2008 10:06 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
quote:

I agree. As a new Christian at the age of 19 I was in a church that was up to its neck in all of that craziness (laughing revival, everybody hoping to get "a word" from the prophet-du-jour, etc.), and God helped me to discern the good from the bad... eventually.

Peace, I'm not denying the seriousness of what's happening, but we are always in "serious & dangerous times." I think if we let ourselves feel the whole weight of all that's evil in the world (from very real torture to child molestation to the starvation and abandonment of little children) absent the ability to laugh, then, well, Terry & gang would only make Bibleland albums and not Swirling Eddies albums... and that would not be good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Ch-dox
man- I wish we were a bit closer (though one state with this community ain't bad-)
I'd love to buy you a coffee and pick yer brain-I think we think Alike - I think Smile

07-03-2008 11:57 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
peacebringer
Dark Steamy Cabbage

quote:
quote:

Sorry, I have humor. I love the swirling eddies. I loved the Door prior to Yanocelli (sp) selling it to Ole Anothny (shudder). Sometimes I react emotionally. There is a lot going on, a lot God have opened my eyes to. And yes we don't need to case after every little bit of evil, but seeing the move of the enemy, seeing people decevied and possibly heading toward falling away is serious. But I am not beyond laughter. I know God is in control as Vox Humana and Fearful Symmetry clearly delineate in contrast to Alarma and Doppleganger.
07-03-2008 12:24 peacebringer is offline Homepage of peacebringer Search for Posts by peacebringer Add peacebringer to your Buddy List
peacebringer
Dark Steamy Cabbage

quote:
Originally posted by sprinklerhead
quote:
If you go to the other 2 sites I referenced there are good articles.

I will summarize though. In essessence Mr. Bentley is mixing Christianity with New Age and Gnosticism. He has referenced astral projection, vistis to the 3rd heaven and other such things. He early on stated that he was told he needed to teach on Angels and not Jesus. And that the church already knows about Jesus and needs to believe in the angels and supernatural. In essence the healings are connected to healing angels.
False prophet Bob Jones sent him his angels. He also is reported to have the same "angel" as William Braham who claimed he was Elijah.
The healing "display" is even over and above what you see with Benny Hinn. Also he was commissioned by the likes of NAR folks starting with C Peter Wagner. I hadn't realized the full extent of NAR thinking until God woke me up to this stuff.

This is serious stuff. Mr. Bentley is also teaching that His annointing is transferable. There have been testemonies by some of being approached by demonic after exposure to the events at lakeland.

The wiki article like I said is unbaised reporting of facts.

What's the deal with C. Peter Wagner? I haven't heard much about him since I was part of the Vineyard in the early 90's.

Mr Wagner, is essentially proclaiming himself a chief apostle and heading the New Apostolic Reformation which is also interconnected with Latter Rain, Third Wave, The River, and Joel's Army theology. It is essentially dominionism and Kingdom now theology. Ultimately teaching Manifest Sons of God doctrine. THis is all stuff behind Lakeland outside of the new age and the demonic stuff. www.deceptionbytes.com</a> has a good article on that New Apostolic Reformation. Also looking up any of those terms can get you tons of information.

And I didn't come here to be an alarmist. I came essentially to express gratitude to Daniel Amos for what seems to be prophetic (Not in terms of predicting future but in terms of speaking to the heart in such matter.)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by peacebringer: 07-03-2008 12:31.

07-03-2008 12:28 peacebringer is offline Homepage of peacebringer Search for Posts by peacebringer Add peacebringer to your Buddy List
peacebringer
Dark Steamy Cabbage

quote:
Peace-
I agree-the times are such that hunger is overtaking common sense.

I spent 14 years in a denomination that has been branded a Cult- it looked different from the inside- believe me-

but I know Jesus cared for my heart all the while- n looking back- I sifted the wheat from the chaff.

And I don't doubt that for a minute. Yet, I also believe some will be tempted and walk after the flesh, the eyes, or the pride of life and "fall away." God does seek after his own and sends out his "sheep dogs" as a pastor from my childhood used to preach.
07-03-2008 12:30 peacebringer is offline Homepage of peacebringer Search for Posts by peacebringer Add peacebringer to your Buddy List
peacebringer
Dark Steamy Cabbage

quote:
quote:
quote:

Sorry, I have humor. I love the swirling eddies. I loved the Door prior to Yanocelli (sp) selling it to Ole Anothny (shudder). Sometimes I react emotionally. There is a lot going on, a lot God have opened my eyes to. And yes we don't need to case after every little bit of evil, but seeing the move of the enemy, seeing people decevied and possibly heading toward falling away is serious. But I am not beyond laughter. I know God is in control as Vox Humana and Fearful Symmetry clearly delineate in contrast to Alarma and Doppleganger.

oh, and I just wanted an excuse to use the 77's line.
07-03-2008 12:33 peacebringer is offline Homepage of peacebringer Search for Posts by peacebringer Add peacebringer to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Big Grin

I appreciate your concern, Peace, and I think it's appropriate. Some people will be hurt by the new hucksters, no doubt.

07-03-2008 13:59 Chesterdox is offline Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Hey Jimsy, what kind of coffee? I'm partial to a good mocha myself. Pleased

Even if we didn't think alike, I bet we'd get along swimmingly.

07-03-2008 14:02 Chesterdox is offline Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Mocha sounds great!
Us MN DAMBers do try to get to gether - I will alarm you (hmmm- speaking of the Alarm- they are coming to the Twin Cities end of month. 1st ave
would love to see them- and may-)

anyway- we should/could hook up sometime. Been a while since we met
(Mike n Terry BBQ???)- FIVE years ago in August!

thinking alike does not mean thinking the same things..but more about a similar approach to things perhaps??

anyway again -i looked at a few Bentley youtubes- this guy is out there . Its not that I deplore enthusiasm, (remember - some thought the Eddies antics on stage were violent) -

but theres somethin about his Big- Better- Best- BAM! approach that sounds hollow.

I cant see scriptures where Jesus "Whipped up the crowd"
other then when he used a whip to dump over the tables n drive em out -
I don't think that was considered a "church move" Confused

07-03-2008 16:03 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
peacebringer
Dark Steamy Cabbage

quote:
Mocha sounds great!
Us MN DAMBers do try to get to gether - I will alarm you (hmmm- speaking of the Alarm- they are coming to the Twin Cities end of month. 1st ave
would love to see them- and may-)

anyway- we should/could hook up sometime. Been a while since we met
(Mike n Terry BBQ???)- FIVE years ago in August!

thinking alike does not mean thinking the same things..but more about a similar approach to things perhaps??

anyway again -i looked at a few Bentley youtubes- this guy is out there . Its not that I deplore enthusiasm, (remember - some thought the Eddies antics on stage were violent) -

but theres somethin about his Big- Better- Best- BAM! approach that sounds hollow.

I cant see scriptures where Jesus "Whipped up the crowd"
other then when he used a whip to dump over the tables n drive em out -
I don't think that was considered a "church move" Confused

Heh, from Mn here also....
07-03-2008 22:37 peacebringer is offline Homepage of peacebringer Search for Posts by peacebringer Add peacebringer to your Buddy List
peacebringer
Dark Steamy Cabbage

quote:
Big Grin

I appreciate your concern, Peace, and I think it's appropriate. Some people will be hurt by the new hucksters, no doubt.
THese new hucksters are continuations off the old ones.
Sometimes I expect people to see the connections and big picture I see when my eyes get opened to something. All this NAR heaven to earth, manifest sons of God, Lakeland outpouring Bam Bam nonesense, needs a real good Goldly skewering.

Of couse Songs of the Heart hits at a lot of it. Smile
07-03-2008 22:40 peacebringer is offline Homepage of peacebringer Search for Posts by peacebringer Add peacebringer to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

I could be decieved but I beleive
that I just got a healing from....

EVANGELINE!

07-04-2008 00:12 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Alarma chronicles truely prophetic?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH