Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Lost Dogs on Route 66 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (12): « first ... « previous 6 7 [8] 9 10 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Lost Dogs on Route 66 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
We also stood on the corner in Winslow, Arizona.

Since they have a Wal-Mart Supercenter now, I didn't think anyone did that anymore.

Guess I was wrong. Frown

09-11-2008 00:53 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

RE: Where on Route 66 is this? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

For anyone wondering, it's Cajon Pass, north of San Bernardino.

You are looking south toward San Bernardino. About the first 20% of the southbound lanes that you see don't exist anymore, but the rest is drivable. About the first 75% of the northbound lanes that you see don't exist, and what does remain is not drivable. The Interstate-15 freeway's southboud lanes are directly overtop the Route 66-northbound lanes in the foreground of the picture. If you're familiar, the Cleghorn Rd exit is (now) about right in the middle of the photo.
The second picture (from my previous post) was taken about 3-4 miles south of this location.

Here's a brief history of Route 66 through Cajon Pass (for anyone interested):
The first road through Cajon Pass was a rough, narrow, winding and steep dirt toll-road built in the 1880's. In 1916, California built a paved (but winding and narrow) road that mostly followed the path of the dirt road. Route 66 was established in 1926 and this road became part of it. In 1931, Route 66 through the pass was re-aligned. It still followed the same basic route, but widened with less curves and shallower grades. Two lanes (the northbound ones) were added in 1952 to make Route 66 through Cajon Pass a divided four-lane highway. Additional re-alignments in 1955 at the summit reduced the grade even further. In 1969, the Interstate-15 freeway was built through the pass. Much of the old highway (with modifications) became the southbound lanes for I-15, but a section (about six miles long) between the Cleghorn Rd exit and the Kenwood Ave exit still exist. Route 66 was decommissioned in 1985.
Aside from the section of Route 66 that still exists that was mentioned above, one can find other parts of the road throughout the pass if you know where to look. A surprising large section of the original dirt road still exists (in the upper canyon) and is sometimes used by the forest service. Sections of the 1916, 1931 and 1952 alignments can also be found.

09-11-2008 02:57 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by wakachiwaka
quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
What was it like to sleep in a wigwam? Tongue

We didn't actually stay there - it was just a quick breather stop for us to stretch our legs. We also stood on the corner in Winslow, Arizona. No flatbed Fords around, though.

The "wigwams", incidentally, are solid concrete. Not even remotely tent-like.

who cares about the fords? were any girls slowin' down to take a look at ya?
Jackson Browne started writing that song, incidentally, and one of the Eagles finished it and they recorded it first.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
09-12-2008 11:29 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

OK, the route 66 history is interesting but is there any more dogs tour news?

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
09-12-2008 11:30 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

The tour hasn't started yet of course... so, not much to add to the dates and times.

The fellers were in Derri's basement yesterday... getting stuff ready to go.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-12-2008 15:56 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
The fellers were in Derri's basement yesterday

Sounds like a really scary place....wait, no, I was thinking of Mike's basement. Doh!

09-12-2008 16:08 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Administrator

Derri's is pretty bright and cheery with guitars hanging on the walls... and Terry had CDs in his pants.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-12-2008 18:13 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
and Terry had CDs in his pants.

Confused

Maybe I don't want to know....

09-12-2008 18:22 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
the route 66 history is interesting

Route 66 Quiz

I got 56%.

09-12-2008 20:14 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
77'sRule! 77'sRule! is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 09-13-2008

I wish I lived somewhere even 500 miles of The Mother Road.
09-13-2008 08:26 77'sRule! is offline Search for Posts by 77'sRule! Add 77'sRule! to your Buddy List
lam77s
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

RE: ROUTE 66 Update Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Lost Dogs are heading out on Sunday, September 14th on Route 66,
"The Glory Road." Terry Taylor is a visionary and this road trip is
his brainchild. To say the Dogs are excited and enthusiastic is an
understatement!

The goal is to make this excursion as interactive as possible. We
will be posting photos and video clips online
(http://www.myspace.com/thelostdogsmusic) as well as blogs written by
the guys along the way.

A GPS unit has been provided by BrickHouse Security and will allow you
to go online and watch the band's every move in real-time, or you can
get in your car, come out, and travel along for a few miles. Click
here to see where The Lost Dogs are:
http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/livedemo.com

It's not too late to make a donation to help fund this venture and
help to cover production costs for the upcoming CD and DVD. Please
visit the myspace page or visit http://thelostdogs.com. The donation
links work best using Firefox.

The following is the Route 66 itinerary, although please keep in mind
that some of these dates and places are subject to change without
notice. Please also note, most times the Dogs WILL NOT play full
sets, just a few songs here and there. Donations will be gladly
accepted along the Route!

Saturday, 09/13/2008 8:00 PM
Private Party
Rock Island, IL

Sunday, 09/14/2008 2:00 PM
LilFest Music Festival 2008
1029 Davis St, Evanston, Illinois
http://www.lilfest.com
$35 – 3 Day weekend pass or $25/day
Description: More info tba. "Deeply rooted songs & stories of passion
& power." LilFest Festival presents a wide continuum of genres,
blending international touring artists with student talent, regionally
based instrumentalists with emerging singer-songwriters. World music,
traditional and contemporary folk, blues, classical are all included.
The keywords are quality, community, and welcome. In its sixth year,
the venues include a 100 year old home in Wilmette, a full time venue
in Evanston, and other larger North Shore spaces. A three-day
celebration of making music for arts integrated education. LilFest
will benefit CAPE: Chicago Arts Partnership in Education which builds
deeply integrated partnerships between artists and schools.

Monday, 09/15/2008 The Jesus House
724 W Washington, Bloomington, IL
http://JesusCoffeeHouse.com
The Dogs could arrive anytime between 12pm – 6pm. Follow the Dogs
with online GPS tracking!

Tuesday, 09/16/2008 12:00 PM -
Cozy Dog Drive In
2935 So. Sixth St, Springfield, Illinois
Come join us for a Cozy Dog!

Tuesday, 09/16/2008
Ted Drewes Frozen Custard
4224 S Grand Blvd, St Louis, MO
Community Event. We don't know the time yet. It will be late
afternoon. Follow the Dogs with online GPS tracking!

Wednesday, 09/17/2008
Meramec Caverns
Stanton, Missouri
Follow the Dogs with online GPS tracking. We're just showing up. Who
knows what could happen?

Friday, 09/19/2008 10:00 PM
The Gypsy Café
303 N. Cincinnati Ave, Tulsa, Oklahoma
FREE!
Acoustic show. For more info: 918-295-2181

Saturday, 09/20/2008 04:00 PM
Route 66 Museum
2229 Gary Blvd, Clinton, Oklahoma
FREE!
Community meet and greet.

Sunday, 09/21/2008 06:00 PM
Blue Swallow Motel
815 East Route 66 Blvd, Tucumcari, New Mexico
FREE!
For more info: 575-461-9849. Come on over and find out what's going on!

Monday, 09/22/2008 07:00 PM -
Joy Junction (Homeless Shelter)
4500 Second Street S.W. , Albuquerque, New Mexico
FREE!
Come one, come all!
More info: Jeremy Reynalds, 505-400-7145.

Wednesday, 09/24/2008
Wigwam Motel
Holbrook, Arizona
FREE!
Not exactly sure what time the Dogs will show up. Follow the GPS.

Friday, 09/26/2008 07:00 PM
The original McDonald's
1398 N. "E" Street , San Bernardino, California
FREE!
http://www.route-66.com/mcdonalds/

Saturday, 09/27/2008 04:00 PM
Santa Monica Beach (near the Pier)
Santa Monica, California
FREE!
Beach party. We will provide the beverages and it would be great if
you would provide a dish/snack to share. We can't bbq or have a fire,
so please bring food that's ready to eat. Directions to our spot on
the beach are too long to include here, but are posted on the myspace
page http://www.myspace.com/thelostdogsmusic

Jimmy Abegg is along with the guys filming, recording, running sound,
and general clean-up batter. Many thanks to Jimmy!

Check this out:

"A Certain Love" is included in Longtown Sound 441. For questions or
comments about the podcast please email the podcaster:
uncleshag@gmail.com

The link is: http://wlso.fm/wordpress/archives/1186

We hope to see you out and about on the route!

Linda

--

Linda A. Miller 541-729-7771
LAM PRODUCTIONS
Artist Management and Promotion
1631 Adkins St, Eugene, OR 97401
http://lamconcerts.com
09-14-2008 05:45 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

RE: ROUTE 66 Update Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Is that the right link for the GPS tracking? It just seems to got to the company home page.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
09-14-2008 11:28 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

If you go down the page, on the left, you can click on live demo. For some reason, the link sends you to the main page... likely so you have to check out the product first. Not that I blame them!

09-14-2008 12:31 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Administrator

The link should read

http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/livedemo.html

09-14-2008 12:59 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Notice was too late... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Guys, I just got an email today on a concert tonight in my area. Some of us need more than same-day notice. I wish I could go, but if I had known a week ahead of time or more I could have planned for this.

Frown

09-14-2008 15:40 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Administrator

Sorry you're missing out on the show. The announcement was sent as soon as the details came together. It actually went out two days ago, so I'm not sure why you just received it today.

However, the details for the Lifest show have been up on the website for quite a while. At least two or three announcements went out over the last month or so directing folks to the site to see the dates.

09-14-2008 15:49 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

I assume that the Santa Monica show is a full show. Is that a correct assumption?

09-15-2008 09:48 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
God-rules
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 01-06-2005

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
The link should read

Yeah, but is it even valid? The RV shows as sitting in Moline, IL (def not on route 66) for the last 2 days.

Where and when are they actually supposed to start? Route 66 begins in Chicago, near Grant Park.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO AS TO WHEN AND WHERE THEY WILL BE STARTING FROM? OR WHERE THEY CURRENTLY ARE?

Michaelgettingnoinfo
09-15-2008 11:36 God-rules is offline Send an Email to God-rules Search for Posts by God-rules Add God-rules to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by God-rules
quote:
Originally posted by audiori
The link should read

Yeah, but is it even valid? The RV shows as sitting in Moline, IL (def not on route 66) for the last 2 days.

Where and when are they actually supposed to start? Route 66 begins in Chicago, near Grant Park.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO AS TO WHEN AND WHERE THEY WILL BE STARTING FROM? OR WHERE THEY CURRENTLY ARE?

Michaelgettingnoinfo

I assumed the van broke down and they were making Derri push. The speed is listed as 14. I'd be impressed if Derri could push at that speed for 2 days but, at that rate, they'll never make it to Santa Monica by the 27th.

09-15-2008 11:43 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
God-rules
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 01-06-2005

good news, bad news Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

well the good news is that they safely arrived at thier first stop in Bloomington, Illinois.

The bad news is that they are already setting up and it is over 2 1/2 hours for me to get there.

I'm not sure what is up with the GPS and the tracking site, but it still shows the RV sitting in Moline Illinois.

My plan was to drive along with them from Chicago and make all the stops and such for the day and head back tonight or tomorrow early morning.

But if the RV was still in Moline and they weren't leaving yet, I wasn't gonna make the drive. So now too late to head down that way.

MichaelmaybeMikewilldoaroute77tour
09-15-2008 12:46 God-rules is offline Send an Email to God-rules Search for Posts by God-rules Add God-rules to your Buddy List
Pages (12): « first ... « previous 6 7 [8] 9 10 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Lost Dogs on Route 66

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH