Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Lost Dogs on Route 66 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (12): « first ... « previous 9 10 [11] 12 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Lost Dogs on Route 66 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mikes guitar stole the show Big Grin

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
10-07-2008 08:07 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Cool with Steinbeck, Guthrie, and KEROUAC Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by sprinklerhead
Glory Road

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/20...e-unveiled.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmyS1EEVFbs

Jack Kerouac manuscript unrolled at Columbia College
By
Michael Saba
on October 6, 2008 8:55 AM | Permalink | Comments (0)

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till I drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.” - Jack Kerouac, On the Road
The creation story behind Jack Kerouac's seminal On the Road is nearly as well-known as the actual novel; Kerouac typed the entirety of the novel on a single ream of tracing paper, not wanting to be slowed down by having to change sheets of paper. Fueled by coffee, cigarettes and some not-so-legal stimulants, Kerouac feverishly pounded out his epic in 20 days.

Long considered the holy grail of American literature, the 120-foot manuscript stands as a monument to Kerouac's prowess with prose and the Beat Generation he helped birth. It changed hands many times in the half-century of its existence, most recently to Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay in 2001.

Much like Sal Paradise, the manuscript has been criscrossing the highways and byways of America for the past few years for exhibitions at museums, colleges and galleries. Part of it now nestles snugly in Columbia College's Center for Book and Paper Arts until Nov. 26 as the main attraction of an exhibit celebrating the Beat Generation. The 36 feet on display run from the book's opening lines to a section on Nebraska's Okie farmers.

“It means so much to anyone who cares about Kerouac,” said Greg Weiss, a gallery coordinator at Columbia. “The great thing is it’s so tactile and real. It truly embodies the book."

Related links:
Cover Story: Ben Gibbard on The Meaning of Life
Feature: The Road Giveth, The Road Taketh Away
YouTube: Kerouac scroll unrolled

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
10-07-2008 18:21 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy

Cool

yeah, but was it really Mike's guitar? it looks like that effeminate sea green guitar he borrowed from Derri a few solo tours back.

Got a few miles left ...

10-07-2008 18:25 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan

any word on when tour stuff will be available in the webstore?

bump!?

Got a few miles left ...

10-07-2008 18:28 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

As soon as we hear anything it will be announced.

10-07-2008 19:00 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:
Originally posted by jiminy

Cool

yeah, but was it really Mike's guitar? it looks like that effeminate sea green guitar he borrowed from Derri a few solo tours back.

clarify:
mikes guitar PLAYING stole the show Cool

10-08-2008 08:18 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Found this in my inbox: Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Return from "The Glory Road"

The Lost Dogs are back from their trek down Route 66, "The Glory Road." From what I hear it was probably the most rewarding experience on the road, ever. I met up with them in the Mojave Desert and found them profoundly changed. I sense new vision, purpose and camaraderie. They are truly brothers, after sharing the road in a cramped RV for days on end. Each was melancholy at the end of the road, wishing to relive the entire trip again.

Jimmy Abegg was the perfect choice to bring along as photographer, videographer, road manager, and all things in-between. He did an excellent job documenting each and every moment, capturing the spirit of the road in still photos and film. Those of you who received postcards along the road can attest to his talent. Tom Gulotta joined the Dogs in New Mexico and added his own level of expertise.

Jimmy and Tom will be editing the hours and hours of footage for the upcoming DVD. The end result will be a DVD that will be charming, whimsical, comedic, poignant, educational, and above all else, fun and entertaining.

Please be patient while the guys finish writing songs for the CD. We don't have a completion date yet, but you will be the first to know. I am certain it will not be done by Christmas. The DVD is an even bigger project and we're going to take our time to make it more than simply a "fans only" release.

Route 66 T-shirts will be available at http://thelostdogs.com in the immediate future. We need to have more printed and shipped to the store. Children's sizes will also be available! We will also be offering sets of postcards (set of 8 -- one postcard representing each state) for sale on the website.

We are getting ready to put the Waterstone guitars (used on the tour) and other memorabilia up for auction on Ebay.

Lastly, we are keeping the donation options open until further notice. We are in dire need of funding to cover CD and DVD productions costs.

We want to thank all of you who have been extremely generous in your donations. This project became a reality because of you!

We will keep you updated as time goes by. You should make sure you're signed up The Lost Dogs myspace blog for up to the minute news.

Thanks for all the support!

Linda

10-08-2008 09:50 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
77'sRule! 77'sRule! is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 09-13-2008

quote:
Please be patient while the guys finish writing songs for the CD.

So the Lost Dogs are working on another studio project, then?! Obviously if it were live recordings from the tour they wouldn't be "writing songs for the CD" after the tour completed. Maybe that really cool version of Glory Road will be included....
10-09-2008 09:55 77'sRule! is offline Search for Posts by 77'sRule! Add 77'sRule! to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

That would be great. I've yet to purchase The Lost Cabin and the Mystery Trees, so hopefully the new CD and DVD don't come out until after I have a chance to buy it. I don't need to get any further behind then I already am.

10-09-2008 15:00 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I hope they decide to get route 66 t-shirts in the store soon. my b'day money may be gone before that happens, though. Roll Eyes Tongue

led zeppelin is supposed to be releasing yet another box set Nov 4th "definitive collection", so i'm hoping the used price of "complete studio recordings" will drop enough that i can afford to pick it up. "definitive collection" is basically "complete studio recordings" plus "song remains the same" audio CDs. Smile

Got a few miles left ...

10-30-2008 14:41 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

We were told a few days ago that they were on their way to us... I guess they had to order more or something. Should be available soon.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-30-2008 15:02 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

cool - I think a shirt is in order...
Cool

10-31-2008 07:50 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
me-is-e me-is-e is a male
Esculent Eskimo

images/avatars/avatar-288.jpg

Registration Date: 09-08-2008

Will we be seeing the postcard sets in the store soon too?

Big Grin I hope, I hope!

me-is-e

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by me-is-e: 10-31-2008 16:58.

10-31-2008 16:58 me-is-e is offline Send an Email to me-is-e Homepage of me-is-e Search for Posts by me-is-e Add me-is-e to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

well, i should have room left to order a route 66 shirt if they are halfway decent.

i got led zep's first 2 box sets on ebay for about $20 (incl. shipping). (too bad DA doesn't have a bunch of box sets out there). this is everything from complete studio recordings, but i will have to put them in the correct album order which shouldn't take long or be much trouble.

Got a few miles left ...

11-03-2008 10:57 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

kidnapped baby Jesuses Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

remember brickhouse security? here is their latest publicity project:
(it's on topic since they helped sponsor this tour and Terry has a song called Plastic Baby Jesus Tongue )

Kidnapped Baby Jesus found by using GPS tracking

Eric Gorski • The Associated Press • published December 10, 2008 8:00 am

When Baby Jesus disappeared last year from a Nativity scene on the lawn of the Wellington, Fla., community center, village officials didn't follow a star to locate him.

A GPS device mounted inside the life-size ceramic figurine led sheriff's deputies to a nearby apartment, where it was found face down on the carpet. An 18-year-old woman was arrested in the theft.

Giving up on old-fashioned padlocks and trust, a number of churches, synagogues, governments and ordinary citizens are turning to technology to protect holiday displays from pranks or prejudice.

About 70 churches and synagogues eager to avoid the December police blotter jumped at a security company's offer of free use of GPS systems and hidden cameras this month to guard their mangers and menorahs.

Others, like the Herrera family of Richland Hills, Texas, took matters into their own hands. Upset after their teeter-totter was stolen, the family trained surveillance cameras on their yard and was surprised when footage showed a teenage girl stealing a baby Jesus worth almost $500. Police have obtained the tape.

"They took the family Jesus," said Gloria Herrera, 48, a Catholic. "How can anybody do that?"

For two consecutive years, thieves made off with the baby Jesus figurine in Wellington, a well-off village of 60,000 in Palm Beach County, Fla. The ceramic original, donated by a local merchant, was made in Italy and worth about $1,800, said John Bonde, Wellington's director of operations.

So last year, officials took a GPS unit normally used to track the application of mosquito spray and implanted it in the latest replacement figurine. After that one disappeared, sheriff's deputies quickly tracked it down.

Sensing opportunity in that kind of success story, New York-based BrickHouse Security is offering up to 200 nonprofit religious institutions a free month's use of security cameras and LightningGPS products it distributes.

Rabbi Yochonon Goldman of Lubavitch of Center City, a Philadelphia-area branch of the Chabad Lubavitch movement, signed up even though his previous biggest scare involved the wind knocking down a menorah.

"People are very security conscious, and this is simply a precaution," said Goldman, who will put a GPS on one menorah and a camera on another. "It's sad ... but it's the reality we're faced with."

As members of a minority religion, Jews are probably hit harder when their religious symbols are vandalized, said Deborah Lauter, national civil rights director for the Anti-Defamation League.

"If Baby Jesus is removed, it tends to be seen as a prank," Lauter said. "Vandalism or theft of a menorah is just more sensitive. You feel like you're really being targeted for your religion."

The ADL identified 699 incidents of anti-Semitic vandalism in 2007, consistent with recent years.

So far in 2008, Baby Jesus has appeared in several police reports. At First United Methodist Church in Kittanning, Pa., a baby Jesus was stolen and replaced with a pumpkin. In Eureka Springs, Ark., someone who absconded with a plastic baby Jesus from a public display last week also took the concrete block and chain that was supposed to act as a deterrent.

Previously, stolen Jesus figurines have also been defaced with profanity or Satanic symbols.

The incidents raise a question: Is stealing Baby Jesus harmless juvenile fun, or anti-Christian?

"I suspect most of it is childish pranks," said attorney Mike Johnson of the Alliance Defense Fund, a conservative Christian legal group. "Clearly, there are adults with an agenda to remove Christ from Christmas. But they tend to occupy themselves with the courts and courtroom of public opinion."

Stephen Nissenbaum, a retired history professor at the University of Massachusetts Amherst and author of "The Battle for Christmas," views the thefts as neither innocent vandalism nor religious hate crimes.

"What it means is that it's OK to go around violating even pretty important norms, as long as real human harm isn't being done," he said. "It's not exactly devaluing Christianity, but it is sort of a ritualized challenge to it. It could be Christian kids doing it — and on Jan. 2 they become good Christians again."

Got a few miles left ...

12-10-2008 11:01 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Administrator

We do have some Route 66 Tour shirts in the Dogs store now.

(We cannot guarantee delivery before Christmas. )

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-20-2008 15:32 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

t-shirt colors? (black only?)

printing front and/or back? (front only?)

Got a few miles left ...

12-21-2008 23:00 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Administrator

Sorry - I need to get some more info up. I was kind of rushing to get them up in the store.

I believe they're all grey with that route 66 tour logo on front, with lyrics to DA's glory road on back.

12-21-2008 23:06 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

OK, I"m receiving word that they do have black as well... also, there are other sizes available than what is currently listed. I'm going to update the store with the details once I have them all in order.

(Until Christmas is over, these are shipping out of another location.. the hope was to just save some time and give folks a *chance* to get them before Christmas. No one should hold their breath this close to the 25th though. Thats why I'm only able to give what info I have received.)

12-23-2008 00:23 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Sorry - I need to get some more info up. I was kind of rushing to get them up in the store.

I believe they're all grey with that route 66 tour logo on front, with lyrics to DA's glory road on back.

hmmm ... i might go for a grey large ... surely the lyrics to the whole Glory Road song aren't on the back, but a portion of them? ... awaiting more details ...

Got a few miles left ...

12-23-2008 13:04 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Pages (12): « first ... « previous 9 10 [11] 12 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Lost Dogs on Route 66

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH