Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Best DA Album Cover » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Best DA Album Cover
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 Best DA Album Cover PuP 08-05-2008 22:34
 RE: Best DA Album Cover Ritchie_az 08-05-2008 23:12
 The best & most ornate... John Foxe 08-05-2008 23:16
 RE: The best & most ornate... jiminy 08-06-2008 09:35
 RE: Best DA Album Cover wes berlin 08-05-2008 23:30
 RE: Best DA Album Cover Strange Animal 08-05-2008 23:38
 RE: Best Cover. Dr Rich 08-06-2008 05:02
 RE: Best DA Album Cover Dr Rich 08-06-2008 05:15
 My thoughts are as follows: brother joel 08-06-2008 09:43
 RE: Best DA Album Cover Jimmy Brown 08-06-2008 10:25
 RE: Best DA Album Cover Ritchie_az 08-06-2008 16:56
 RE: Best DA Album Cover UnderDawg 08-06-2008 17:26
 RE: Best DA Album Cover Ritchie_az 08-06-2008 18:10
 inneresting! jiminy 08-06-2008 19:42
 RE: inneresting! Dr Rich 08-06-2008 20:45
 RE: inneresting! PuP 08-07-2008 22:13
 RE: Best DA Album Cover jiminy 08-06-2008 19:48
 RE: Best DA Album Cover Dr Rich 08-06-2008 20:44
 RE: Best DA Album Cover Ritchie_az 08-06-2008 22:14
 RE: Best DA Album Cover Ritchie_az 08-06-2008 22:26
Next Page »

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Best DA Album Cover Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Have we discussed this yet?

My initial vote goes to Fearful Symmetry... until one of you convinces me otherwise.

08-05-2008 22:34 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I vote:

Just kidding. Big Grin

I like the Mr. Buechner's Dream cover. I think Ed McTaggart did an exceptional job on it, and the photo is very beautiful (I imagine Mr. Buechner lying in the grass, looking up at the aspen trees and deep-blue sky, day-dreaming as the clouds slowly float away).

08-05-2008 23:12 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

The best & most ornate... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

...is Motorcycle.

Have you ever looked carefully at all the references to the songs in the artwork? There is no other DA work with more elaborate detail. From the artwork to the lyrics to the music... in a word...

breathtaking.
Pleased

08-05-2008 23:16 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

RE: The best & most ornate... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
...is Motorcycle.

Have you ever looked carefully at all the references to the songs in the artwork? There is no other DA work with more elaborate detail. From the artwork to the lyrics to the music... in a word...

breathtaking.
Pleased

I agree with john'

I use it as a desktop- I get a LOT of comments on MC..(and on my general desktops- I have two screens here, change it usually each week or so)

- even from the owner of this place, as I had MC up just last week.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
08-06-2008 09:35 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

for me it's either:

"fearful symmetry"

or

"darn floor big bite"

08-05-2008 23:30 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

once again, what wes said...

bobd

08-05-2008 23:38 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

RE: Best Cover. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Doppelgänger.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 08-06-2008 05:10.

08-06-2008 05:02 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I like "Outdoor Elvis" too, but only the cassette version of the cover, it looks so much more like a "Bigfoot" picture than the picture they choose for the CD.

08-06-2008 05:15 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

My thoughts are as follows: Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I must declare my agreement with the previous poster. I think Motorcycle is pure genius. I appreciate many of the other covers, but Motorcycle's cover builds upon the entire album in significant ways. Following that:

2) Doppleganger
3) Outdoor Elvis
4) Bibleland (for the pictures on the inside)
5) Fearful Symmetry

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
08-06-2008 09:43 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

I think Daniel Amos has had quite a number of good album covers. To pick one as my favorite, I would give the nod to Doppelgänger, just edging out Fearful Symmetry. Both show an amazing ability to capture the mood of the entire album in a single image.
08-06-2008 10:25 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
I think Daniel Amos has had quite a number of good album covers.

I don't think they've ever had a "bad" album cover. Well, their debut album cover wasn't that great, I guess, and I suppose the Songs of the Heart cover was a bit misleading, but overall the art in DA's albums has been great. I think a lot of thanks goes to Ed McTaggert and the Patton Brothers Design for designing the album books and Doug TenNapel and many others for their very creative artwork and photography. I believe Terry Taylor has had a very big hand in the album art, as well, and we all know his creative genius.

Just another thing to love about DA! Cool

08-06-2008 16:56 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
UnderDawg UnderDawg is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-624.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

Lots of great album covers, with Motorcycle probably being my favorite, BUT I have a great love for the Shotgun Angel cover!! Fantastic truck, and such a great graphic idea of the music inside.

Also like Horrendous Disc, mainly because we get a photo of the band that isn't weirdly out of focus...
08-06-2008 17:26 UnderDawg is offline Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
I must declare my agreement with the previous poster. I think Motorcycle is pure genius. I appreciate many of the other covers, but Motorcycle's cover builds upon the entire album in significant ways. Following that:

2) Doppleganger
3) Outdoor Elvis
4) Bibleland (for the pictures on the inside)
5) Fearful Symmetry

My top 5:

1. Mr. Buechner's Dream
2. Motorcycle
3. Doppelganger
4. Fearful Symmetry
5. Vox Humana

08-06-2008 18:10 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

inneresting! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

no one mentioned

Kalhoun!
its like a marching order for the NEW WORLD ORDER!
Very significant work- the inside gatefold (?) is steller- along with the "look" band photos.- lyric sheet is embossed with the Title....
very militarily fun

08-06-2008 19:42 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

RE: inneresting! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
no one mentioned

Kalhoun!
Very significant work- the inside gatefold (?) is stellar- along with the "look" band photos.- lyric sheet is embossed with the Title....
very militarily fun

This is a great cover. Cool

08-06-2008 20:45 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Thread Starter Thread Started by PuP
RE: inneresting! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
no one mentioned

Kalhoun!
Very significant work- the inside gatefold (?) is steller- along with the "look" band photos.- lyric sheet is embossed with the Title....
very militarily fun

08-07-2008 22:13 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

is militarily a word ?
Cool

ok - a proper adverb!

08-06-2008 19:48 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I always thought the back cover of Horrendous Disc was referenced on the "Big Time/Big Deal" song.

"The moment of conversion, on the cover of my album."

08-06-2008 20:44 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Nobody mentions this one:

Does anyone know who did the artwork for this (and the other Live At Cornerstone 2000 ) CDs?

08-06-2008 22:14 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

This is also a good one and along the same lines as the Motorcycle album cover:

08-06-2008 22:26 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Best DA Album Cover

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH