Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (33): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary 8 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah one was the regular standard frontline blue and pinkish half and half CD and one had a blue image of the band all piled up like. Like a nut I had both versions, but gave my blue/pink one to Doug Tennapel.

10-08-2007 23:07 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
dfroystad dfroystad is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

From the Arena Rock website:

quote:

-Arena Rock will re-issue DA's (Daniel Amos) 1987 classic Darn Floor, Big Bite in 2008. The CD will be remastered with some extra 'goodies'. Stay tuned for more info. Thanks to Terry and Tom at Stunt Records for their help with this project.

-Larry Norman The Anthology has been moved to 2008. We *may* have CDs for mail order by Christmas. Check back here for more info.

Daniel Amos & Larry Norman, haha. Great!
10-09-2007 07:17 dfroystad is offline Send an Email to dfroystad Search for Posts by dfroystad Add dfroystad to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

I hope Larry's project gets delayed in favor of Terry's! Tongue Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
10-09-2007 10:55 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Shocked Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
quote:
Whoa... have you never heard this disc???

Never. In fact, I haven't heard most of the Daniel Amos catalog, so keep the reissues coming!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

10-09-2007 12:14 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Back on topic now, I can't wait for this sucker to come out.
It's gonna kick .ass!Cool

10-09-2007 15:23 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

i'll have to invest in a sound system so I can blow away those *rap* punks at the gas station! Tongue Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mountain Fan: 10-09-2007 15:49.

10-09-2007 15:47 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Attention Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
i'll have to invest in a sound system so I can blow away those *rap* punks at the gas station! Tongue Big Grin

they had better have a good safety net! Shocked

Tongue

Cool
10-09-2007 16:13 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

quote:

"..teach those young punks just what class is.."

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
10-09-2007 16:16 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

From the Arena Rock site:

-Arena Rock will re-issue DA's (Daniel Amos) 1987 classic Darn Floor, Big Bite in 2008. The CD will be remastered with some extra 'goodies'. Stay tuned for more info. Thanks to Terry and Tom at Stunt Records for their help with this project.

There. They said it. Out of the closet. They openly admitted they were DA.

I know. Not funny. But it sure is nice to hear someone other than US taking about the band!
DwD
10-09-2007 19:40 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am very happy about this.
I have been playing Darn Floor in my truck all week! Cool

10-10-2007 16:34 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Shemp
unregistered
RE: Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary Edition Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori

Darn Floor - Big Bite 20th Anniversary Edition

Some potential bonus material has been located... not sure how much is there yet, but we're all looking into it. Should be a nice reissue. Happy

The thought of hearing a reissue of this brings tears to my eyes and pitter patters to my heart....

...and gas to my bowels....

Yipee!
10-23-2007 16:24
Ubique Epoque

Especially if there are any bonus tracks that didn't make it onto the original release! Pleased

Got a few miles left ...

10-24-2007 11:41 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

How is this project moving along?

Got a few miles left ...

11-14-2007 09:46 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Thumb Up! RE: Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary Edition Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Shemp
quote:
Originally posted by audiori

Darn Floor - Big Bite 20th Anniversary Edition

Some potential bonus material has been located... not sure how much is there yet, but we're all looking into it. Should be a nice reissue. Happy

The thought of hearing a reissue of this brings tears to my eyes and pitter patters to my heart....

...and gas to my bowels....

Yipee!

amen! Tongue Pleased

Cool
11-14-2007 11:27 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

quote:
How is this project moving along?

The potential bonus material was sent off to Arena's mastering folks... theres a few things that are a little rough sounding so we're seeing if they can salvage them.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-14-2007 18:01 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

DFBB...one day I shall actually own this on a well-mastered CD, rather than my cassette copy...oh joyous joyfulness!
11-14-2007 23:37 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

If the bonus material is beyond repair, it would be cool to have the guys recreate it with a 2008 twist.

Live. One take. One weekend. One fan that pays the preorder price is invited to the studeo and can watch the band record a couple/few tracks. Fan that wins must also purchase all food and beverage consumed by the band on that weekend as well as transportation to and from the studio.

I was able to see the Lost Dogs on their Christmas tour. It was very cool to hear the new Swirling Eddie song It All Depends done live. Terry sounded great and really into it.
01-13-2008 21:55 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

I don't think there is a "pre-order" price! Shocked

01-14-2008 19:18 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

Looks like this much can be announced at the very least...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

DA's Darn Floor, Big Bite to be reissued as a 2-CD set. Disc One: original album remastered from the original master tapes. Disc Two: outtakes, rarities, interviews, and a video of the cover photo shoot.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
03-16-2008 15:57 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

Now I'm interested. Somebody stamp me! Er, I mean, where do I sign up? Roll Eyes

03-16-2008 15:59 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Pages (33): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH