Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Have a nice day » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (7): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Have a nice day 4 Votes - Average Rating: 7.754 Votes - Average Rating: 7.754 Votes - Average Rating: 7.75
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by sondance
so would you say you are an offended gnome then?

how do they pronounce gnome in Aladabm?

i'm offended by your use of the word "gnome"

to be politically correct, please call them "tiny people"

in alabama they are called "dessert"

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

12-03-2008 04:45 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by servantsteve
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by sondance
hmmm, that was too easy

how about - tsunami?
In Virginia, it's pronounced, "Sue Mommy." In Alabama, I think it's "sue aunt Mom"

12-03-2008 08:22 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Disjasked Lerna

RE: I am extremely offended Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The gas station put a $75 hold on my account when I pumped gas this morning!

I'm still looking for a tasty side-dish.

12-03-2008 08:27 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

I am now offended by the talk of gas and southerners.

12-03-2008 09:35 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

and this thread is remotely connected to DA.....

oh wait- it really is about offending-so its on topic.
tent folded.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
12-03-2008 09:51 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Administrator

Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

It couldn't be more about DA, Terry has always made the point that we shouldn't get hung up on the little crap that seperates us. We should be focused on following Jesus. None of us have suffered the way Jesus suffered for us, we have no right to hate each other over petty differences. We are commanded to love one another, and forgive as Christ forgave us. When we allow stuff to seperate us, we have fallen for the devil's trap to divide and conquor.

The point is, if a person supposedly has a life changing moment that they can't ever get over from anything that happens on a messageboard, they have issues. They need to look at themselves and figure out what they need to let go of. Pride? Anger? Whatever it is, whatever little bit of the old man they are not letting go of.

I appreciate the people here who despite differences CAN be silly together, show their sense of humor and not get hung up on stupid crap that they otherwise would allow to seperate us.

Terry's career has been engulfed by situations like ths the entire time. "I'm On Your Team" was written in response to attacks and rumors back in he late 70s. Nothing has changed, the devil will try to undermine anyone who has a message based on the Gospel that reaches people. Rumors, lies, petty grievances, its all part of the spiritual attack that we've seen for years and years and years.

People need to open their eyes, when they hold grudges and grievances, they are the ones with the problem. The problem is, they are unwilling to forgive whatever little thing they think was done to them. And I assume they expect Christ to still forgive them for a lifetime of sin.

Now get over the crap and lets enjoy our time together, and focus where we should be focused.

12-03-2008 11:42 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Red Face
on offenses.

12-03-2008 12:13 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

here we are~

as I stuff my tent in the bag (AGAIN!) i just dont think it at all funny when we spend days and days trying to hammer out the "why" on one thread- it finally calms down (including "offending" sig removal)

and then some "funny guy"(in this case) starts ANOTHER thread that in some way can bring it all up -and others pipe right in.

to me its more like salt than anything else- but to try to say it out loud..

its to no avail.

so thats me.

12-03-2008 12:47 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Selective mockery-outrage aside.. to me, this thread is just a parody of almost every argument or discussion since Al Gore pretended to invent the internet. All thats missing is one person calling another person Hitler. From my view, it was an attempt to lighten things up a bit.

Yard gnomes, the "last word" bit, Jason's ear issues, Drew Carey, Servantsteve's cramps, Joey's choice to care just a little, toilet paper skin... how can any of that be specific to a single person or real life situation? To be honest, I stared at your post for a little while before anyone had responded wondering if you were just being ironic.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-03-2008 12:53 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

It is the point, lighten up.

Being "offended" by anything means you choose to hold onto something that is not worth holding onto. Some people are 'offended' by rock music or dancing, and thats just as stupid as holding onto some other petty 'offense'. Songs like "Dance Stop" or "Pictures of the Gone World" are about building hostilities and destroying the 'good' we have by bad choices.

People need to lighten up, we can have differences and still get along. You do that by being tolerant and forgiving. I don't agree with everything ServantSteve says or Joey or whoever, we've had our disagreements. But I don't hate them over it or choose to build a wall between us. And I don't think they hate me either. We can joke about being offended, as far as I can tell none of us were serious in this thread. It's good to be able to let go of the seriousness sometimes.

We've probably all said stuff here that 'could' offend someone if they let it. But people need to choose to not let stupid crap get to them. This is nonspecific, its just a general rule of life. To get along with people you have to develope empathy or at the very least thick skin.

12-03-2008 13:11 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

if you were just being ironic.

No.

its not about terry - or the board - its about using the Don Rickles approach to something that (at least to me) I thought WE decided - should be once and for all dropped-especially after accusations that some could'nt let go.

and a few days later its all mocked and turned ....
whatever

12-03-2008 13:17 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Administrator

I think you're choosing to see something that isn't here. This thread has nothing to do with anything specific. I can honestly say that nothing I said here was a reference to anything specific.. just "typical" internet conversations.

quote:

Yard gnomes, the "last word" bit, Jason's ear issues, Drew Carey, Servantsteve's cramps, Joey's choice to care just a little, toilet paper skin... how can any of that be specific to a single person or real life situation?

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-03-2008 13:19 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

Honestly, I did not start this stupid thread to poke fun at the earlier issue which I am not discussing. That would have been offensive, and I hate stirring things up. It's wrong, with a capital "R."

12-03-2008 13:31 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
It is the point, lighten up.

i'm sorry jiminy, but i've got to side with the audiori on this one.......

Cool
12-03-2008 13:33 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

its not a contest Cool
its just how I interpreted it the first time I read it (didn't I?)
to me the more ridiculous it got- the more I thought it mocked.

but - thats me
so -
as I said
whatever.

12-03-2008 14:00 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

LED ZEPPELIN LYRICS

"Down By The Seaside"

Down by the seaside. See the boats go sailin'
Can the people hear, What the little fish are sayin'

Oh, oh, the people turned away. Oh, the people turned away

Down in the city streets, see all the folk go racin', racin'
No time left, to pass the time of day

The people turned away. The people turned away
So far away, so far away

See how they run, see how they run, see how they run, see how they run.

Do you still do the twist
Do you find you remember things that well
I wanna tell you... Some go twistin' every day
though sometimes it's awful hard to tell

Out in the country, hear the people singin'
Singin' 'bout their progress, knowin' where they're goin'

Oh, oh, oh, oh, the people turned away
Yes, the people turned away

Sing loud for the sunshine, pray hard for the rain
And show your love for Lady Nature. And she will come back again
The people turned away
The people turned away

---------------

"Friends"

Bright light almost blinding, black night still there shining,
I can't stop, keep on climbing, looking for what I knew.

Had a friend, she once told me, "You got love, you ain't lonely,"
Now she's gone and left me only looking for what I knew.

Mmm, I'm telling you now, The greatest thing you ever can do now,
Is trade a smile with someone who's blue now, It's very easy just...

Met a man on the roadside crying, without a friend, there's no denying,
You're incomplete, they'll be no finding looking for what you knew.

So anytime somebody needs you, don't let them down, although it grieves you,
Some day you'll need someone like they do, looking for what you knew.

Mmm, I'm telling you now, The greatest thing you ever can do now,
Is trade a smile with someone who's blue now, It's very easy just...

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
12-03-2008 14:24 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Administrator

Fish heads, fish heads, rolly polly fish heads
Fish heads, fish heads, eat them up
Yumm!

Yumm!

In the morning, laughing happy fish heads
In the evening, floating in the soup

Yumm!

Ask a fish head anything you want to
They won't answer, they cant talk

Yumm!

I took a fish head out to see a movie,
Didn't have to pay to get it in

Yumm!

They can't play baseball, they don't wear sweaters
They're not good dancers, they don't play drums

Yumm!

Rolly Polly fish heads are never seen drinking cappuccino in
Italian restaurants with Oriental women.
Yeeaahh

Yumm!

Yumm!

Yum!

Yumm!

Yummmm!

Yeeaahh

12-03-2008 14:32 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

12-03-2008 14:34 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
12-03-2008 14:36 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

That's a great cartoon illustrating how our government handles the treasury and trade.

I don't know about you, but THAT'S something I'm offended about!

12-03-2008 14:41 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Pages (7): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Have a nice day

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH