Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Have a nice day » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (7): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Have a nice day 4 Votes - Average Rating: 7.754 Votes - Average Rating: 7.754 Votes - Average Rating: 7.75
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

drop your silver in my tambourine.
Help a poor man fill his pretty dream.
Give me pennies, I'll take anything.
Now listen while I play my green tambourine.
Watch the jingle jangle start to shine,
Reflections of the music that is mine.
When you toss a coin, you'll hear it sing.
Drop a dime before I walk away.
Any song you want, I'll gladly play.
Money feeds my music machine.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-03-2008 14:41 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Frown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan

the fact that most people don't understand ^that concept is quite offensive.......

Cool

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by joey: 12-03-2008 14:43.

12-03-2008 14:42 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mr. Tambourine Man Lyrics
Artist(Band):Bob Dylan

Hey! Mr. Tambourine Man, play a song for me,
I'm not sleepy and there is no place I'm going to.
In the jingle jangle morning I'll come followin' you.

Though I know that evenin's empire has returned into sand,
Vanished from my hand,
Left me blindly here to stand but still not sleeping.
My weariness amazes me, I'm branded on my feet,
I have no one to meet
And the ancient empty street's too dead for dreaming.

Take me on a trip upon your magic swirlin' ship,
My senses have been stripped, my hands can't feel to grip,
My toes too numb to step, wait only for my boot heels
To be wanderin'.
I'm ready to go anywhere, I'm ready for to fade
Into my own parade, cast your dancing spell my way,
I promise to go under it.

Though you might hear laughin', spinnin', swingin' madly across the sun,
It's not aimed at anyone, it's just escapin' on the run
And but for the sky there are no fences facin'.
And if you hear vague traces of skippin' reels of rhyme
To your tambourine in time, it's just a ragged clown behind,
I wouldn't pay it any mind, it's just a shadow you're
Seein' that he's chasing.

Then take me disappearin' through the smoke rings of my mind,
Down the foggy ruins of time, far past the frozen leaves,
The haunted, frightened trees, out to the windy beach,
Far from the twisted reach of crazy sorrow.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free,
Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands,
With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves,
Let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
12-03-2008 14:52 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

DONT BE OFFENDED..

what WOULD fish taste like if women didnt swim?

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
12-03-2008 14:54 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

octopuss

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
12-03-2008 14:55 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by servantsteve

Who needs money anyway? Debt is more satisfying!

Wife: Why are you tossing and turning in bed?
Husband: Our neighbor Tom lent me $1000 and I'm supposed to pay him back tomorrow.
Wife: So?
Husband: So...I don't have the money to pay Tom back!
Wife: That's easy to fix!
Wife opens bedroom window and yells towards neighbor's house
Wife: Hey Tom!
Tom: What?
Wife you know that $1000 my husband is supposed to pay you tomorrow? He doesn't have it!
Slams window shut.
Wide (to husband): Now he can stay up all night!

12-03-2008 14:56 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
octopuss

TOUCHE!

12-03-2008 15:42 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

I... started a joke
That started the whole world... (gasp) crying...
12-03-2008 16:29 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
if you were just being ironic.

No.

its not about terry - or the board - its about using the Don Rickles approach to something that (at least to me) I thought WE decided - should be once and for all dropped-especially after accusations that some could'nt let go.

and a few days later its all mocked and turned ....
whatever

See.... thats the point entirely, the person that still sees all that crap from a serious perspective is the one that is not 'letting go.' It's still applying more seriousness to something that shouldn't be inflated in that way. 'Taking a side' is adding too much importance to it, defending one side or attacking another is adding too much importance to it.

This thread to me is about 'jokingly' expressing the ridiculousness any of us 'getting' our undergarments in a wad over trivial nonsense. The general concept applies to anyone in any situation where they let themselves make a mountain out of a mole hill. It can apply to me, you, and everyone else here and not here. We've all been there, we all have to learn not to do it. We all have to try and 'lighten up' and not 'take offence' to every little thing.

12-03-2008 16:36 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

12-03-2008 17:15 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

Acvtually, I commented to someone that I had a quota of p***ing off 2 people per day and I started the thread in that light. I wasn't thinking about that melodrama that is not being discussed. I was just being stupid. I thought it would be phun to start a thread with one title, then keep changing the name of it. It really doesn't take much to amuse me when the alternative is to write a reliability report on an unit that seems to stir up contraversy among nerds.

12-03-2008 17:18 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

We're not nerds? Confused

12-03-2008 21:34 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

I, at times, show that I have a bit of a short fuse- when I should learn to diffuse.

there you are.

well - I hope to be honest in it all- therefore a reaction based on something. Cool
as said- whatever-

and here we are.

12-03-2008 22:26 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

sadly, you're both right. now if you can both admit you're wrong.

12-03-2008 22:39 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

no prob- -even if one really may feel something is amiss-there is a way to respond.
and I freely admit I was wrong in my response.

Thanks Ron - Your like all "Canada" for a reason -right?

Cool
next?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jiminy: 12-04-2008 07:40.

12-04-2008 07:38 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J

The point is, if a person supposedly has a life changing moment that they can't ever get over from anything that happens on a messageboard, they have issues. They need to look at themselves and figure out what they need to let go of. Pride? Anger? Whatever it is, whatever little bit of the old man they are not letting go of.

to be fair... i don't think any of it was a life changing moment for anyone.....

the only thing that changed, is what message boards people post on.

if you get irritated by something on a message board, and you leave that message board, well that makes perfect sense to me.

and i'm offended that i was forced to post a serious thought in this thread.

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

12-04-2008 08:14 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by PuP
We're not nerds? Confused
Sadly, I am not at liberty to disclose particulars of my work in this phorum. I am honored to label you as a phellow nerd.

12-04-2008 08:31 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

There you go! - enough with the mixed signals!

nothing to see here- move along now.....

12-04-2008 08:32 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
There you go! - enough with the mixed signals!

nothing to see here- move along now.....
What exactly do you mean by that?

Rock of Offence! (Jammin' album, even if only on LP)

12-04-2008 08:34 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by larryl

to be fair... i don't think any of it was a life changing moment for anyone.....

the only thing that changed, is what message boards people post on.

Hmm.. I don't know.. if a couple of people are suddenly no longer fans and can never be a fan again... they can no longer enjoy listening to music they've enjoyed for decades - I'd say that was a bigger change than just their posting habbits. Not necessarily an extremely important one, but still bigger than it should be.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-04-2008 08:34 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Pages (7): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 6 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Have a nice day

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH