Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Have a nice day » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (7): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Have a nice day 4 Votes - Average Rating: 7.754 Votes - Average Rating: 7.754 Votes - Average Rating: 7.75
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

purged; purg·ing

1 a: to clear of guilt b: to free from moral or ceremonial defilement
2 a: to cause evacuation from (as the bowels) b (1): to make free of something unwanted <purge a manhole of gas> <purge yourself of fear> (2): to free (as a boiler) of sediment or relieve (as a steam pipe) of trapped air by bleeding c (1): to rid (as a nation or party) by a purge (2): to get rid of <the leaders had been purged>

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
12-04-2008 09:05 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sounds pretty serious to me. Just as I was saying, more serious than it should be. To purge something good, that they loved for years, that had a possitive effect on people's lives all because of something petty and insignificant... hmm exactly the point isn't it? People shouldn't let stupid crap cause them to do dramatic things.

I mean heck, Terry, Mike and my brother and I went through a way more serious situation several years ago and we got closer because of it. Everyone has a choice as to how they deal with things. People can let petty differences cause them to 'purge' good things from their lives or they can choose to overcome the petty differences. Either way it's their choice no one elses.

How we choose to respond to things is exactly where we fail or prevail. If Jesus can be tortured and Crucified for our sins and say 'Father forgive them..' and we accept that gift of Grace, how can we then not offer even a tiny bit of Grace to a brother for some petty insignificant crap?

For if you forgive people their trespasses [their reckless and willful sins, leaving them, letting them go, and giving up resentment], your heavenly Father will also forgive you. Matthew 6: 14

What needs to be purged from their systems is the resentment, not their friends, and not the things that have actually meant something to them, the things they've loved.

To hold onto greivances, resentments and grudges over pettiness is just ridiculous. Its doing harm to yourself, by your own choice.

I mean come on now, they have done way more hurtful things to my brother, Terry and I than anything that was done to any of them. And yet, I know Terry, my brother and I do not hate those guys, we forgive them. They are welcome here.

12-04-2008 10:02 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

just saying that seems to be what happened-
not trying to build a case or anything

12-04-2008 10:11 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

as far as people who were fans of an artist-
that does and can change with time

I mean- I dont have any Lanny Wolfe Records anymore-

12-04-2008 10:18 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by servantsteve

Have you splurged on Lanny Wolfe only to later purge him?

12-04-2008 10:28 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

YUP

I had a surging of splurging-but have in that case gone to purging
(with no resurging- or regurging!)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jiminy: 12-04-2008 11:02.

12-04-2008 10:56 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Administrator

Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

That post offends me on so many levels.

12-04-2008 12:51 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i am offended by people who say have a nice day! Mad

Cool
12-04-2008 12:55 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by joey
Have a super nice day

12-04-2008 12:56 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

[quote]Originally posted by Audiori J
That post offends me on so many levels.[/quote

sorry bout that- I didn't mean to say regurging

I meant to say Puke.

12-04-2008 13:26 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J

I meant to say Puke.
how many levels were you shooting for?

12-04-2008 13:30 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Mad Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve
quote:
Originally posted by joey

Have a super nice day

reported!

Cool
12-04-2008 13:34 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
quote:
quote:

I meant to say Puke.

how many fish were in the barrel?

12-04-2008 14:19 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I meant to say Puke.

how many fish were in the barrel?

12-04-2008 14:32 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

K Sutherlands show.................
for dyslexic people......

12-04-2008 15:06 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Is it true that if you shoot into a barrel full of fish, they all die from the shockwave whether you hit one of them or not? Anyone got a barrellful of 42 fish to test it out?

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-04-2008 15:13 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

Hmm I know dynamite works, but kinda doubt a bullet would work like that. Submit it to Mythbusters and lest see them kill some fish. Ok wait, that would offend me, nevermind.

12-04-2008 15:17 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Is it true that if you shoot into a barrel full of fish, they all die from the shockwave whether you hit one of them or not? Anyone got a barrellful of 42 fish to test it out?
It kills them because the water drains out. I don't think Myth busters needs to get involved.

12-04-2008 15:22 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Administrator

The use of the term "drains out" offends me, so you need to repent of it.

12-04-2008 15:24 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

well i made the mistake of reading all the pages i missed on this one.
to think i coulda stayed home and watched soap operas all day

shoot!! here come da boss man... CLICK!

Psalm 119:83
12-04-2008 15:27 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Pages (7): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] 6 7 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Have a nice day

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH