Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » "I Love You #19" Question » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page "I Love You #19" Question
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
culturejunkie culturejunkie is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 01-06-2010

"I Love You #19" Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've always wondered, what's the "#19" for in the song title? I have had a couple theories over the years...

One was that when they went to register it with ASCAP that there were 18 other songs called "I Love You" already registered.

Or... being that it was on an album affiliated with Larry Norman, and Larry had a tune (on IAL) called "I Love You" that repeated the phrase ad nauseum that the number was added as some kind of inside joke.

Now I don't think that either of these are true, but sometimes I still wonder... does anyone have an explanation? Confused
01-06-2010 12:39 culturejunkie is offline Send an Email to culturejunkie Search for Posts by culturejunkie Add culturejunkie to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

what is the meaning of rainy day women #12 & 35 ?

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
01-06-2010 15:46 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Mad Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
what is the meaning of rainy day women #12 & 35 ?

everyyyyyyyyyybody must get stoned! Tongue
i know larry and randy both had i love you songs...probably something to do with that...
someone may know more about that.... Wink

Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by joey: 01-06-2010 19:19.

01-06-2010 15:56 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The song was the 19th take upon recording.

01-06-2010 19:07 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
culturejunkie culturejunkie is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 01-06-2010

Thread Starter Thread Started by culturejunkie

Thanks Mark, makes sense. Finally I can sleep at night! Wink
01-06-2010 20:25 culturejunkie is offline Send an Email to culturejunkie Search for Posts by culturejunkie Add culturejunkie to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

I always thought it was because they said "I love you" 19 times (but I never counted). Guess I was wrong....

01-06-2010 22:12 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

There used to be nineteen verses, but the powers that be made them shorten the song. Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jyroflux: 01-07-2010 00:19.

01-07-2010 00:18 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

terry actually wrote it when he was 19

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
01-07-2010 11:52 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » "I Love You #19" Question

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH