Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » For U2/DA Fans.. » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page For U2/DA Fans.. 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just read that the U2byU2 sold something like 9 million copies.
I'm sure the most time the name DA was ever in print.

No point to be made, just a weird thought I had.

07-25-2010 14:27 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Good point, Dennis!

Now if we could just verify the story that The Edge told Jay Leno once on The Tonight Show that Greg Flesch is the greatest guitarist every to play....
Or was it Adam Clayton saying in Rolling Stone magazine that Tim Chandler's the greatest bass player....
Or was the Tuxedo Clad Megastar in CCM magazine talking about Berger.....

07-25-2010 14:45 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
Doing a little research....
According to this, Larry Norman was a musical influence to a young Bono. So it is certainly not far fetched that he knew who DA was and perhaps even owned some DA music.

Also, according to this, Crystal Lewis, who performed on Fearful Symmetry and A Briefing for the Ascent, once (in 1999) performed on stage with Bono. While this is surely not related to the DA button, it is another connection.

If I remember correctly Dan Russell said that Larry showed up at a U2 show and was asking to get back stage, I think they were disinclined to acquiesce to his request. But there is proof they were DA fans, right there in their little book immortalized forever.

07-25-2010 15:45 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

youse guys should not get me started like this... well, you've no one but yerselfs to blame so here it is, a story i've not told anyone up to now:

When I was young man I spent a couple of years working undercover for the CAI. My cover was a roadie working for foreign bands in Dublin which afforded the opportunity to spy on the IAR. The CAI traded this intel to the British for intel on the Ruskies from their MI86 foreign service. While there I worked a private concert featuring U2, DA and Larry Norman for Sinn Fein’s birthday party. Everyone was sworn to secrecy and we were all paid handsomely by some Catholic charity a combination of cash and collectibles, my set included bobble heads in monk’s garb of Saints Hatrick and Columbo, the police duo so popular on American TV at the time.
Indeed no one knew where the event took place because we had been drugged and blindfolded on the way there, and everyone admitted those were very good drugs, no expense spared. All recordings & photos were confiscated except for a group photo of DA and U2 which I hid in my genuine Man From U.N.C.L.E. hollow heel Beatle boots. One roadie with a brazenly obvious British accent mysteriously disappeared never to be seen again.
One day while trying out my new ACME Sheep Suit recently purchased from Warner Brothers Feed & Seed Supply Store in Bakersfield, CA, as Terry and Bono were hiding behind a drafty castle in which we were billeted, sneaking smokes, I overheard Terry ask Bono, “What do you want for those cool sunglasses?” to which Bono replied, “I’ll trade you for one of them fine DA buttons.” They stood there next to a flock of sheep grazing in the back paddy… my disguise worked like a charm.
On the way home they discovered my little charade (apparently that British toadie sang like a pigeon and spared his own rotten measly existence)… anyway they pushed me out of a Lear jet at 30,000 ft over the North Atlantic in winter. Of course at that altitude and temperature you have seconds to live. Fortunately I was equipped with a certified genuine 007 combination escape chute and inflatable jet raft which hallowed me to motor over to Iceland in time to watch the latest edition of Northern Lights. Unfortunately for DA and U2 fans alike, while I was there a volcano erupted forcing all us revelers into a nearby glacial fed river. Having run out of all my super neato spy gear I was pummeled by the rapids until about a mile downstream I was able to clamber out onto the rocky shoreline in downtown Reykjavík and found myself no longer wearing said boots… the photo was no more.
In the years since, every once in awhile, there will be a news story from that part of the world about a strange apparition in the northern lights looking like a bunch of hairy young men in leather and denim, and at least one is wearing a cape, tights, helmet and googles, spawning the modern myth of the “Uber Duber Gubers“ a super group of wayfaring ice musicians who haunt the Arctic circle and sing ancient Gregorian chants in modern urban dialects.

Psalm 119:83
07-25-2010 18:19 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

I heard that Father Dowling and Tracy Nelson--I mean, Sister Oskowski--solved that mystery years ago....

07-25-2010 18:54 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Administrator

Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

British toadie?

07-25-2010 20:26 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool pro- bono.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/musi...05.html?start=1

Cool
07-25-2010 21:48 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Ceremonial Kernel

He doesn't mention Daniel Amos, though.

07-25-2010 22:46 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Jerry Davison Jerry Davison is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-30-2005

weighing in on this U2/DA thing... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I remember sitting around discussing U2 with Mark Heard when he was producing us. I made some joke about Bono not being able to play guitar (at that time he never played it in performance). Mark got very serious and said,"No, no -- Bono is an excellent guitar player!" He then proceeded to regale us with story after story about U2, speaking from apparently first hand knowledge. So apparently the U2 guys and at least some of the more progressive CCM artists have hung out together.
07-26-2010 11:15 Jerry Davison is offline Send an Email to Jerry Davison Search for Posts by Jerry Davison Add Jerry Davison to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Jerry Davison: Davie Bluff
Administrator

Sharing a manager, it's not surprising.

07-26-2010 13:14 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

RE: weighing in on this U2/DA thing... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Davison
I remember sitting around discussing U2 with Mark Heard when he was producing us. I made some joke about Bono not being able to play guitar (at that time he never played it in performance). Mark got very serious and said,"No, no -- Bono is an excellent guitar player!" He then proceeded to regale us with story after story about U2, speaking from apparently first hand knowledge. So apparently the U2 guys and at least some of the more progressive CCM artists have hung out together.

that's a much better story than that nonsense about ice musicians in the sky but what about the button? Big Grin

Psalm 119:83
07-26-2010 23:30 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Jerry Davison Jerry Davison is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-30-2005

Button?! We don't need no stinkin' button!
07-27-2010 08:29 Jerry Davison is offline Send an Email to Jerry Davison Search for Posts by Jerry Davison Add Jerry Davison to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Jerry Davison: Davie Bluff
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Y'know, Berger's been trying to quit smoking. All this talk about buttin' is going to make him fall right off the wagon.
07-27-2010 17:51 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Ceremonial Kernel

Did some one say bunting?

07-27-2010 18:48 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

http://www.naturesound.com/birds/pages/bunting.html
07-27-2010 20:12 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Ceremonial Kernel

Can you go hunting for bunting???

(Or DA buttons?)

07-27-2010 20:39 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
Y'know, Berger's been trying to quit smoking. All this talk about buttin' is going to make him fall right off the wagon.

Maybe he should give up the Windex first, as he may associate smoking with the blue glass cleaning wonder stuff.

07-28-2010 02:49 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-509.jpg

Registration Date: 03-27-2002

I thought that was photoshopped at first. But I guess it's for real. Have to go to Barnes And Noble

07-31-2010 13:49 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

It's real, I've seen the picture in the book.

07-31-2010 21:00 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

I wouldn't photoshop a picture like that and post it here as real..

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-31-2010 21:33 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » For U2/DA Fans..

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH