Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » 100 best what!! Is this A Joke » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 100 best what!! Is this A Joke
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

100 best what!! Is this A Joke Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://www.hmmagazine.com/2010/07/top-10...ms-of-all-time/

Is this a joke, and Da was lucky to get at least one album Doppelganger at No.19.

This is the funniest list I have seen Big Grin and at the same time stupid Roll Eyes

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
09-10-2010 14:57 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, they seem to have used two seperate criterias (I know, they claim they used five): 1) how popular it was (album sales) and 2) how good it actually was.
For example, Stryper at #3? POD at #2? There are many examples on the list where the album was popular, but not necessarily "good". So, obviously, simply having sold a lot of copies is reason enough to not only make the list, but chart high on it.
For the most part, great albums made the list. Many of these were not in the order I would have placed them in, but they are on there none-the-less. However, it seems as though only one album per artist was allowed. Also, there were a few artists that should have made the list (Phil Keaggy anyone?) and a few that made the list that shouldn't have (Allies anyone?).
Also, this brings the discussion of what is and isn't "Christian Rock". There are several albums that on the list that are not "CCM". Should they be on there? What about some of the other great albums that contain Christian messages in the "secular" industry? It's a grey area. If they were going to include some non-CCM albums, I think there are a number of albums that one could say should be on there, as well. So for that reason, perhaps they would have been better served sticking with CCM-only.

09-10-2010 16:34 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Tongue! RE: 100 best what!! Is this A Joke Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

dr. love about this article on the sevens board: hm= hardly matters... Tongue

Cool
09-10-2010 16:46 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Lists are always a contentious thing. Would I have made more DA albums candidates? Sure (In fact, I have, but you'll have to wait and see about that...) but I also understand that HM primarily focuses on hard rock/metal, so I'm less surprised DA didn't score more points, but more surprised Doppelganger was their choice (One of my all-time favorites, but Bibleland rocked way harder.)

And no one is going to program the list of another person's dreams. It just ain't happening, but it is fun to speculate why they made their choices, even if I don't necessarily agree with them.
09-10-2010 20:55 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Ceremonial Kernel

I know this has been posted before, but I think this list is a little better:
http://greatestchristianalbums.wordpress.com/

I'm curious about what we'll "have to wait and see about" DwDunphy....

09-11-2010 13:46 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

And another one:
www.listofbests.com

While some of the selections are good, some others make ya wanna gag.

09-11-2010 16:04 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
I know this has been posted before, but I think this list is a little better:
http://greatestchristianalbums.wordpress.com/

I'm curious about what we'll "have to wait and see about" DwDunphy....

Popdose 50Prog50

He's going to do a similar thing for CCM.
09-11-2010 18:49 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

I've already got comments on board from Mark Robertson and Beki Hemingway from This Train, Glenn Kaiser, and Ric Alba. I'm linking previous articles like Will Harris' interview with Phil Keaggy, my interviews with Loyd Boldman (Prodigal) and (Riki) Michele and Paul Valadez.

I'm looking for more people who will participate and won't throw anyone under the bus who hasn't gotten back to me. Hopefully they'll take this as seriously as I will and pitch a few anecdotes my way at some point.
09-11-2010 23:10 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

....at least it didn't include the Tuxedo Clad Megastar on the list!!!!

www.smashthatcomputer.com
09-12-2010 02:49 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » 100 best what!! Is this A Joke

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH