Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » New DA » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (10): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New DA 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Eis
quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
I don't know off hand if this website (Kickstarter) we are thinking of using does or not, but they may.

They do take a cut. 5% according to the FAQ on their website.

Yeah I figured as much, I just personally hadn't looked. My brother and I merely looked at Steve Taylor's "Blue Like Jazz" one and suggested it to Terry first to see what he thought.

I think the fact that its been since 2001 that DA made a record will create some buzz, there was quite a bit of buzz when Buechners was done and that was a six year gap.

10-28-2010 17:14 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Kickstarter accepted the project.

I'm going to be wrapping up some final details with Terry ASAP and we should be making the official announcement soon. I'm hoping to get Terry to make a little film message for folks to post on the page.. he may not have time, but it'd be nice if we could work it out.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-28-2010 19:10 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Fantastic news, guys.
10-28-2010 19:22 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

That is good news. Any idea how much needs to be raised (or pledged) and what the time frame will be?

10-28-2010 20:56 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

It's not very dynamic, but it's the best I could whip up in an hour's time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAarOVdF-Uk
10-28-2010 20:59 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

*Like*

oh hang on - wrong social network site... Big Grin

10-28-2010 21:11 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Administrator

Nice work DW.. I saw it on Facebook already. Thats the kind of stuff that'll get folks talking. Happy

Don't know on the total goal yet.. thats one of the main details I have to wrap up with Terry. Its tough because you never know exactly what an album is going to cost... you don't know how many sessions, plane flights and hotel rooms and all of that you might need. Hopefully he can come up with a good base amount pretty soon though.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-28-2010 21:14 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

I'm sure you guys have an awful lot of hashing out to do. I do think, however, there's a large pocket of people out there who have given up the thought of a new DA album. Just tipping them off that, yes, there's a very good possibility of this happening will get people in the right frame of mind.
10-28-2010 21:20 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Administrator

Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

There are a lot of DA fans out there, and I bet a good many that will be excited at the thought. It will pretty much just be a matter of spreading the news.

10-28-2010 21:51 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

so, a week or so on the dollar amount, a month, any time and date?

10-28-2010 22:05 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Administrator

Terry wanted to get started with the fundraising immediately - so I don't think it'll take too long to get all of these details worked out. Its just important to think it all through as carefully as we can.

10-28-2010 22:10 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

Make mine a double!

Oh, sorry, thought this was the world series thread.

Go DA!

Psalm 119:83
10-28-2010 23:07 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

this is really exciting, things are moving fast Big Grin

So when can we expect some demos Roll Eyes just kidding.... Tongue

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
10-28-2010 23:13 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

don't forget a profit margin, say, 40%.

10-28-2010 23:26 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

I thought that was usually a 30% but it all depends...

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
10-28-2010 23:33 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Administrator

Really the cool thing is we really don't need as many people "preordering" as we did with say Buechners Dream because with that album everyone paid the same amount for the preorder. With this kickstarter system, you could essentially have a few people giving larger sums of money if they want the 'extras' whatever that may be. I know for example, there have been in the past friends of Terry's who have given amounts to help releases. This thing kind of opens that up to everyone if they have the extra funds.

It might actually move quicker than say the Midget preorder did just for that reason alone. And with websites like facebook and the email lists and other outlets to advertise on, it should go pretty well.

10-29-2010 09:12 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

quote:

That's pretty cool. Anyone else wanna take a shot at "producing" a DA "commercial"?

I'm not sure I have the time, skill, or appropriate software, but I'll play around this weekend... if I have any success I'll be sure to post it....

10-29-2010 09:29 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
quote:

That's pretty cool. Anyone else wanna take a shot at "producing" a DA "commercial"?

I'm not sure I have the time, skill, or appropriate software, but I'll play around this weekend... if I have any success I'll be sure to post it....

It would be fun if the video-inclined among us could put up many variations of an announcement meme.
10-29-2010 11:30 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Brent17
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

Over the Rhine recently did something similar to fund the recording and release of their newest album. They used a tiered system of giving, with a different package entitling the donor to more "stuff."

In terms of what I'd like to see as "special gifts" for donors, I'd love for it to be some of the live shows in the vaults that maybe are fit for stand alone release or that there really isn't the money to do anything with. These might include shows that were once "Stunt Approved Bootlegs," or the sources for bonus tracks on the Doppelganger or Darn Floor reissues. It could also include video stuff like the Cornerstone 2000 show, that isn't p to standard for release.

This bonus stuff could be giving out on CD R or DVD R and would be worth to fans who don't have a network to trade for this kind of thing, but would love to obtain it.

Another thing that Over The Rhine did was sell tickets (at a $100 a ticket) for a show where they performed their most popular album "Good Dog, Bad Dog" in its entireity with their original line up. I know it's not easy for DA to get together and do a show, but if they could arrange it in a small venue (say in Nashville-- Tim and Jerry both live there) with little event overhead and space for 100 adoring fans who wouldn't care if the show was a little sloppy, $100 a pop could be a good chunk of change for the band. I'd pay for that. Heck, it could even be an acoustic "storytellers" type of show with Tim, Terry and Jerry at a church.
10-29-2010 14:37 Brent17 is offline Send an Email to Brent17 Search for Posts by Brent17 Add Brent17 to your Buddy List
Administrator

This will be a tiered reward system also.

We're definitely looking at the bootleg type stuff for certain amounts.. including the cancelled Cstone 2000 rough edit DVD that we started working on a while back.

As for a live show or something like that... its a cool idea, but it scares me. It feels like the kind of thing that could fall apart very easy and then we'd be on the hook with a bunch of people. We're trying to avoid that kind of situation. I'm sure we'll discuss the possibility though.

10-29-2010 15:30 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Pages (10): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » New DA

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH