Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » New DA » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New DA 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

New DA Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hooray! Happy
10-27-2010 09:14 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Come on, Audis. Don't be teasing us. I've been waiting nine years for this and all I've got is a "Stay Tuned"?

Ghhaaaahh!!

Look, if you fill me in offline on the details, and you want to specify a particular date when you want this information out there, I will put up a special post on Popdose announcing the possibility of new DA music. We can at least have two sites breaking the news.
10-27-2010 09:31 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sorry guys. I thought it would be a little quicker getting the full announcement up. Big Grin

All I'm waiting on right now is someone to get back to me about something and then we should be able to fill everyone in on the details.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-27-2010 09:44 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Sorry guys. I thought it would be a little quicker getting the full announcement up. Big Grin

All I'm waiting on right now is someone to get back to me about something and then we should be able to fill everyone in on the details.
Shocked , tell them to hurry up Tongue

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
10-27-2010 10:05 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

RE: New DA Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Eis
Hooray! Happy

I just started a thread just like this and posted "Hooray!"

Happy

10-27-2010 10:29 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

this is the best news since MBD Tongue

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
10-27-2010 10:45 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Brand new songs?
Or re-issue?

10-27-2010 11:09 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

I hope we are talkng about brand new songs Roll Eyes

10-27-2010 11:14 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Since the announcement is titled "New Daniel Amos," I would be very surprised if it were reissues.
10-27-2010 11:28 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Yeah never know, so I thought I would ask.

10-27-2010 12:07 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
Yeah never know, so I thought I would ask.

It could go both ways.... We kindly accept both new and reissues!!!!

it seems if its a new project maybe it is very advance. LETS HOPE SO Cool

Hey Eric when are pre-orders open Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

10-27-2010 12:28 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Cool beans!

10-27-2010 13:19 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Administrator

New songs.

We aren't going to do preorders, but we will need help. Happy

The plan is to set a production budget goal (which will be set by Terry). Fans can pledge money towards that goal. We realize that some won't be able to give much and that is fine... whatever is possible will be helpful. No money will come out of anyones pockets until we reach the goal (or pass it up). If for some reason we don't reach the goal in the specified amount of time.. the whole thing is called off and we start over somehow. Hopefully that won't happen.

Depending on how much you pledge, you will receive some kind of prize or gift. We're still deciding on what all of those items will be but it'll be things like handwritten & autographed lyrics, special CDs or DVDs, a thank you in the liner notes, some kind of producer credit, etc, etc. (If anyone has suggestions for any of these items, send me a PM. Just remember - it needs to be easily fulfilled... while having Terry make you breakfast in bed might be a fun idea, it would be very hard and expensive to pull off.)

One of the most important areas we need help in is spreading the word. We will plaster the website, MySpace, Facebook and all of those sites with the announcement... the more you guys share it or send it to friends that might be interested, the better everything will work out.

Did you guys see what Steve Taylor did for his movie recently? Its the same basic idea, only not nearly as large of a goal. We might even use the same website to do it through because we liked how it updated the "pledged" amount and showed you how far you had to go.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-27-2010 14:20 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

Now, in case anyones wondering.. one of the biggest delays with Midget was that the initial burst of preorders was not enough to really get started. So it dragged on while we continued to try to raise money. In this situation however - there will be a time limit and you guys will see exactly what progress has been made towards the goal.

10-27-2010 14:22 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

I'll put this out there: go to Kickstarter.com and look over their arrangement. Set it up if you like it. I know there are DA fans that aren't necessarily knee-deep in Christian music (J. Edward Keyes, f'rinstance) and would buy into a DA album, even if they're no longer inclined to visit the DA site.

Either way, you let me know when something is solidified and I will make sure Popdose covers it as thoroughly as possible.
10-27-2010 14:34 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Administrator

Thats the site Steve used also and the one we're looking at for this. Its set up really nice with automatic updates and email notifications, etc. Perfect for this really.

10-27-2010 14:39 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

how bout in addition to the pledge/gifts scheme an auction of some kind for the more adventurous (nuts) folks?

highest bidder(s) gets to lay down a background fan track: thumb cymbals, oatmeal box drum, kazoo, hammer dulcimer, glockenspiel, vocals, screams, the usual... for a chorus/bridge/? on one song, whatever the band decides they could tolerate on their record... travel and all expenses paid by the fan(s) in exchange for the chance to try something under their direction and a credit on the album... got my RV and schroeder edition bosendorfer packed and ready to go...

Psalm 119:83
10-27-2010 14:40 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

are u talking about kickstarter.com, Mike Farris has a pledge there

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/6019...ne-of-new-studi

on the right side there is what ppl get depending on their pledge, maybe you can take this as an example

10-27-2010 14:43 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

seems we all posted at the same time and I was beaten Tongue Tongue

10-27-2010 14:44 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Shocked Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
New songs.

We aren't going to do preorders, but we will need help. Happy

The plan is to set a production budget goal (which will be set by Terry). Fans can pledge money towards that goal. We realize that some won't be able to give much and that is fine... whatever is possible will be helpful. No money will come out of anyones pockets until we reach the goal (or pass it up). If for some reason we don't reach the goal in the specified amount of time.. the whole thing is called off and we start over somehow. Hopefully that won't happen.

kind of like a miracle faith telethon??? Tongue
is dr. edward daniel taylor involved? Happy

Cool
10-27-2010 14:47 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » New DA

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH