Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Terry Scott Taylor - Swine Before Pearl, vol 1 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Terry Scott Taylor - Swine Before Pearl, vol 1
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
Maybe Terry's praying that only people with generic names can afford this?

Big Grin

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
11-22-2010 08:07 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Recording material for SWINE BEFORE PEARL....

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-28-2010 17:51 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

A little more...

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?...comments&ref=mf

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-28-2010 22:01 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
mindgasket mindgasket is a male
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2003
Location: Just because we're hypnotized that don't mean we can't dance!

Sweet corn and giblets! Christmas gonna be good this year. Smile
12-01-2010 12:21 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
Doke Doke is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

I was singing Outdoor Elvis all day yesterday.
12-01-2010 14:43 Doke is offline Search for Posts by Doke Add Doke to your Buddy List
Administrator

Sounds like Terry had a pretty productive time recording....

We got a lot more of the big daddy deluxe edition orders than any of us had expected. Seems to be a popular idea.. Happy

12-02-2010 01:21 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Sounds like Terry had a pretty productive time recording....

We got a lot more of the big daddy deluxe edition orders than any of us had expected. Seems to be a popular idea.. Happy

Great! It's a really cool idea.

Actually, I was wondering whether anyone else on the DAmb was interested in the following proposal:

If enough of us here got the personalized song and were willing to share it with others, could we order an extra "DAmb" version of the release for $20? That way we'd have our own personal mementos but also a cool community item. Then again, maybe our personalized songs would be too personal to share?
12-02-2010 04:41 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Administrator

I don't think he'd have a problem with that. The only thing that might be questionable is for a bunch of people to go together on a song and expect each one to be named individually. He might be ok with it, but we'd have to run it by him to be sure.

12-02-2010 08:36 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

I'm thinking he's not talking about a group song, but a second CD where all the DAmb participants that want to be included have their personal song added. It would be a collection of the personal songs on a separate disc, if I'm interpreting this correctly.
12-02-2010 11:00 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Administrator

Ohhh I see.. yeah I misread it. We could probably arrange that if everyone wanted to contribute their songs to a single collection.

12-02-2010 11:35 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Uh, oh. Two CDs to get now? Not sure if the wife will be happy....

Big Grin

Also, would those who don't have a personal song be able to get the CD of personal songs if those who have the personal songs agree to it? Confused

Did that make any sense?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ritchie_az: 12-02-2010 13:46.

12-02-2010 13:44 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Administrator

I would think so. Terry has said that people that purchased the personalized songs are free to do whatever they want with them.

If we did just a disc of the DAmb personalized songs and not the full album, we could probably price it quite a bit lower than the album itself. I'd have to talk that over with Terry to be sure though and see what we can do.

12-02-2010 16:06 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
I would think so. Terry has said that people that purchased the personalized songs are free to do whatever they want with them.

If we did just a disc of the DAmb personalized songs and not the full album, we could probably price it quite a bit lower than the album itself. I'd have to talk that over with Terry to be sure though and see what we can do.

This is what I was thinking about. Cool
12-02-2010 16:47 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

Terry will never agree to it, because then everyone would see that he used one song for everyone and just switched the names. Tongue
12-02-2010 17:30 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
Paul Paul is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 02-22-2007

Audiori,

Has the song line up for Swine before Pearl been determined yet? And am I the only one left on the dock to catch the next cruise when the ship returns?

-Robinson Crusoe

12-02-2010 21:22 Paul is offline Search for Posts by Paul Add Paul to your Buddy List
Administrator

Sounds like there were three (including you) that came in very late or there was some other issue that caused them not to get finished in this batch. So those will be done in the next round of personalized stuff in January most likely.

No final track list, but I should have that in a couple of days.

12-03-2010 18:10 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Is it safe to assume that the response to Volume One will warrant a volume two?
12-04-2010 20:28 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

I think so, the original plan was that this would be a series, but each volume may be very different.

12-05-2010 09:17 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

The reason I ask is because, if some sort of continuity could be established with them packaging-wise, later down the line you could offer something to collect them together - a slipcase, a printed binder, something along those lines. That's if this is going to continue on. If this looks like it may end up a one-off, then that's a lot of unnecessary infrastructure .
12-06-2010 09:10 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Well the original intention was for it to be a series, like Phil Keaggy's Back Room Tracks, which were a collection of demos, live stuff and other oddities that he put out through his fan club. Keaggy's were cassettes with no artwork at all, but we are going to do CDs with artwork. Terry has a recording system in his home now, so that allows him to be able to do some special recordings and to demo material for other projects. So Terry will use it to not only put out old material, oddities and demos but he will also do special things like writing a song about whoever you want. There may end up some other special ideas besides the writing a special song. Possibly requests, possibly fan submitted artwork, or various other fan interactive things.

The idea of a box or folder to put them all in is a good idea.

12-06-2010 12:15 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Terry Scott Taylor - Swine Before Pearl, vol 1

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH