Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Terry Scott Taylor - Swine Before Pearl, vol 1 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Terry Scott Taylor - Swine Before Pearl, vol 1
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Sounds like there were three (including you) that came in very late or there was some other issue that caused them not to get finished in this batch. So those will be done in the next round of personalized stuff in January most likely.

No final track list, but I should have that in a couple of days.

Eric when is the dead line for next batch as Im sure im gonna be on that one Big Grin

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
12-10-2010 11:03 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The deadline will probably be fluid, or stop whenever Terry says ok enough orders have come in and its enough songs to have to write. Which is pretty much what happened this time. Cool

12-10-2010 11:09 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

is that just for the $150 version?
i am waiting to hear some reviews and what songs are on it to even buy the $20 version...money is tight this time of year.. Wink

Cool
12-10-2010 11:24 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Administrator

Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Yeah I was talking about the $150 special song version.

I have no idea as of yet what songs will be on it. We should know in a day or two.

12-10-2010 13:05 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

The standard editions will be shipping very soon it sounds like.. within a few days.

The custom versions might be a little slower, but what we might do is send the standard version to those folks also and then send their custom tracks as mp3s. Then we'll send the custom discs once they're done.

Its all very fluid right now, but we're trying hard to get them to everyone before Christmas.. at least for the early folks and custom disc orderers.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-11-2010 17:54 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Paul Paul is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 02-22-2007

Wink Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Smells like Pearl is cookin the Christmas ham! Can't wait to sit down and feast. Did Terry bring the fruitcake?

12-11-2010 22:23 Paul is offline Search for Posts by Paul Add Paul to your Buddy List
Administrator

Should be able to share the track list (or a partial tracklist, if he wants some things to be a surprise) very soon. I just need a green light.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-12-2010 15:01 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

Yippee! I have been waiting for the track list. I am also waiting to order until after Christmas day in case someone had the fantastic idea to get this as a gift for me.

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
12-12-2010 16:18 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
Administrator

I will say that theres really something for every fan here.... new songs, newly recorded revisits to older songs, unreleased DA material, story telling, some new Neverhood related stuff, some rough demos and oddities, previously unheard CrimeHorse, etc.

12-12-2010 20:32 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

I know that some Crime Horse tracks were previously released, but I don't really know anything about how this project came about.

What was Crime Horse?
12-13-2010 13:15 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Administrator

It was a project that the Eddies started before there was an Eddies. My memory is a little foggy on the circumstances, but for whatever reason Frontline didn't like the early demos and rejected it. Then the fellas went off and created the Eddies.

12-13-2010 16:12 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

Seems like they wanted something not so serious.

12-13-2010 17:22 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Administrator

Here's some track titles.... this is not everything and its not necessarily in the correct order. There are 24 tracks in all, including the story reading and greetings.

Outdoor Elvis
The Industry Sings To Jessica Lange
Angels Must Smile Like That
You Got A Good One There
I Need A Sign
Sanctuary
Calvary Road
Ode To Oscar Wilde
Wind Chimes and Mr. Wind (acoustic demo)
Endless Summer (HD lineup DA demo )
Suns Down In The West (Crime Horse demo)
If You Want To (acoustic DA demo)
When The Sun Comes Out Again (acoustic Surfonic demo)
Let's Go Fishin' (Return To Neverhood rough mix)

12-13-2010 17:32 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

Wow sounds good, pretty sure its gonna be great!

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
12-14-2010 10:52 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

That Crime Horse song wasn't released before was it?

12-14-2010 16:23 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Administrator

No. The only ones released in the past were "Like Lazarus" and "Stones of Venice."

12-14-2010 16:24 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Yeah, those two I have from Alternative Records. Are there more songs in the can somewhere?

12-14-2010 17:01 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Administrator

Not sure, these are the three that my brother and I are aware of.

12-14-2010 17:25 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by James
Terry will never agree to it, because then everyone would see that he used one song for everyone and just switched the names. Tongue

I know you were joking, but I thought I might say something about this for anyone that thought this would be the case..... even I kind of figured there might be some similarities here and there just due to how many he had to come up with.

From what I've heard so far... each one is VERY, very different. Very unique for each person. Terry put a lot of work into this... no wonder they had to spend so much time working on these. Everyone is gonna dig it.

A DAmb (or DAmb/DADL) compilation would probably be pretty fun if everyone wants to do it.

12-14-2010 18:27 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

The final track list...

1. Terry's Greeting
2. Outdoor Elvis (acoustic)
3. Your Long Year (acoustic)
4. The Industry Sings To Jessica Lange (acoustic)
5. Angels Must Smile Like That (acoustic)
6. You Got A Good One There (acoustic)
7. The Twist (acoustic)
8. I Need A Sign (acoustic)
9. Sanctuary (acoustic)
10. Calvary Road (acoustic)
11. Debi Comes Home
12. Ode To Oscar Wilde (acoustic)
13. Wind Chimes and Mr. Wind (acoustic demo)
14. Endless Summer (DA demo )
15. Suns Down In The West (Crime Horse demo)
16. The Rev and the Rabbi Meet The Fly
17. If You Want To (acoustic DA demo)
18. Hole In The World (DA demo)
19. Mr Flutter (radio spots & rough mix)
20. When The Sun Comes Out Again (acoustic Surfonic demo)
21. Little Oscar (a reading)
22. Let's Go Fishin' (Return To Neverhood rough mix)
23. Dr. E.D. Taylor's final pitch
24. Vincent's Revenge

Plus any personalized tracks that you may have ordered... Happy

12-16-2010 17:23 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Terry Scott Taylor - Swine Before Pearl, vol 1

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH