Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Terry Scott Taylor - Swine Before Pearl, vol 2 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Terry Scott Taylor - Swine Before Pearl, vol 2 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dadharris1996 dadharris1996 is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 09-27-2005

Swine Orders Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

how long does the shipping process take? Ordered mine on Feb. 10 and have not received it yet. thanks for any update

Chris

Christopher Harris
Historian extrodinare
Olathe, Kansas
chrharr@sbcglobal.net
02-23-2011 15:50 dadharris1996 is offline Send an Email to dadharris1996 Search for Posts by dadharris1996 Add dadharris1996 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of dadharris1996: chrharr YIM Account Name of dadharris1996: dadharris1996
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The first batch (anything before Jan 28th) shipped immediately once the CD was finished. Since then, they've been going out as they're printed. An order from Feb 10th should be on its way at the very least.

Since we were so short on time, we've been having the printers ship them to folks directly as soon as they're printed. I don't know how quickly they've been shipping everything. We did it this way thinking we could save a little time for those initial orders, but I haven't been able to tell how well it worked. It puts us at a little bit of a disadvantage because to check on an order, I have to work through that company. Its not as easy as our normal tracking system.

Once we get ahead of that initial wave of orders we'll start shipping them from our location like regular orders.

If it helps at all - I don't even have a copy myself yet! Big Grin I know that probably doesn't help at all, but just thought I'd throw that out there.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-23-2011 17:36 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mine showed up today. My order was placed on Feb 8th. It traveled fromBrooklyn, NY to San Diego, CA. Hope that helps others guage the wait time.

02-23-2011 20:20 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Administrator

It seems a bit random. It really gave us a better chance for the early folks to get it in time for Valentines Day.. many did and I don't think that would have been possible if they had shipped the normal way. Since those early batches though -- it just seems random. I don't know.. we may not try shipping from the printers again. It may not be worth it.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
02-24-2011 14:51 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

Andrew - are you ok? (sorry guys but the Captain is looking at this forum right now and he's just been in a major quake so I want to see how he is doing).

www.smashthatcomputer.com
02-24-2011 21:56 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Yes, worried about the folks in NZ too.
02-25-2011 09:56 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

andrew has posted on fb that he is ok.

Cool
02-25-2011 11:04 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

I'm doing fine. and my kids are safe too.
I've been at work in the central business district this week (have the magic letter to get me past cordons) as I work doing IT support for companies nationwide but also but a nursing service with 10 of thousands of patients.

My house is standing with power/phone/internet but no water or toilet.

Death toll is currently 113 with 200+ still missing.

Mean while on topic....

I ordered Volumes 1 and 2 a few weeks ago and I'm looking forward to them!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Captain Pedantic: 02-25-2011 13:46.

02-25-2011 13:44 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Frown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ordered on 2/14............still waiting.................. Confused

03-03-2011 18:03 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Administrator

I'll check with them.

Update: I couldn't see anything wrong with the first one, but I went ahead and had them ship a new copy to you.

03-03-2011 19:26 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
I'll check with them.

Update: I couldn't see anything wrong with the first one, but I went ahead and had them ship a new copy to you.

Wow Shocked

thanx Big Grin

03-07-2011 19:24 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ordered 4/04 and nothing..
no rush, just want to make sure it didn't get lost?
i can pm a paypal confiration number if you guys have no record of it...

Cool
05-04-2011 11:31 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Administrator

I'll check it out.

Things have been a bit of a mess since Terry's situation was announced.. part of it was just that we weren't expecting the number of orders we started to receive - part of it was that we had been operating on pocket change for a while so that we could send more money to Terry. Then when the huge avalanche of orders came in, we didn't even have enough envelopes to cover them all. Its getting sorted out, but a lot of things haven't been working normally.

Typically I've been shipping Swine from the printers (originally to speed up the Valentines Day shipments, but also to save some money for Terry) so it could also be an issue on their side. From what I've been told, everything is automated and computer driven there.. so they do make weird errors or mistakes occasionally.

05-04-2011 11:40 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Cool

Cool
05-04-2011 11:51 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
I'll check it out.

Things have been a bit of a mess since Terry's situation was announced.. part of it was just that we weren't expecting the number of orders we started to receive - part of it was that we had been operating on pocket change for a while so that we could send more money to Terry. Then when the huge avalanche of orders came in, we didn't even have enough envelopes to cover them all. Its getting sorted out, but a lot of things haven't been working normally.

Typically I've been shipping Swine from the printers (originally to speed up the Valentines Day shipments, but also to save some money for Terry) so it could also be an issue on their side. From what I've been told, everything is automated and computer driven there.. so they do make weird errors or mistakes occasionally.

Hey I'm trying to be patient too and appreciate work into reissues, spike in orders etc ...

Maybe it would be a good idea to put a short message on the home page about delays with orders? Also, any general particulars that could apply to a lot of people and cut down individual communications ... such as:
Titles X Y Z ship from printers.
We are waiting on another shipment of 1 2 3 titles.
Etc.
Orders are generally delayed ___ days or even weeks perhaps for certain titles ...

edit: pm sent

I later saw message on Webstore page. It would also be good to have a date on it as a point of reference. Thanks for your efforts.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mountain Fan: 05-11-2011 20:54.

05-11-2011 20:25 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Administrator

Typically we do date messages like that... I guess I didn't this time because the Terry thing is very much a current story we figured people would know. I don't expect the delay to last too much longer so hopefully we can remove the message completely pretty soon.

05-11-2011 21:03 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Typically we do date messages like that... I guess I didn't this time because the Terry thing is very much a current story we figured people would know. I don't expect the delay to last too much longer so hopefully we can remove the message completely pretty soon.

please check pm

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
05-12-2011 16:27 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Administrator

Sent you a reply.

General update - I'm probably one to two days from being 100% caught up on shipments now. I'll change the store message once I'm there.

Once things are in better shape, I'm going to try to stop shipping Swine from the printers. They're making a lot of mistakes and they don't send tracking info like we do, so I'm not sure its worth it. It has helped while Terry has been needing the extra money though.

05-17-2011 14:14 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Paul Paul is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 02-22-2007

Hope the printers, haven't lost me in the shuffle for Vol. 1.

05-20-2011 01:34 Paul is offline Search for Posts by Paul Add Paul to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
I'll check it out.

got it saturday.. definitely worth the wait! Cool

Cool
05-23-2011 16:00 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Terry Scott Taylor - Swine Before Pearl, vol 2

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH